The Manchester United Thread

Problem is, as the kit deal was announced everyone will now know the money is rolling in and will be harder to negotiate with clubs for players.

The only satisfaction of all this money is if we buy good players, if not it just goes into Glazers pockets eventually.

Because you have a huge global following with incredible pull in the Asian market. It's not especially surprising for you to get a lot more for your kit rights tbh.

Also worth remembering that Adidas utilized an option they had to extend our kit deal ... If they didn't have the option, we could have gotten a higher price considering that our contract with them expired right after our CL win

Mail Online reporting Vidal is off, reports in Italy still say deal is close.

I have no idea whats going on with the deal. But i will say this, do not use Simon Jones as a source:

I have no idea whats going on with the deal. But i will say this, do not use Simon Jones as a source:

Apparently Vidal has just said on Chilevision which is some TV thing about United????

Have we really briefed the media that? ****** pathetic if so. £34m Vidal is a good price if you ask me.

Have we really briefed the media that? ****** pathetic if so. £34m Vidal is a good price if you ask me.

If i had £34m I would buy Vidal and have him play in a park around the corner. Its that good price.

Also worth remembering that Adidas utilized an option they had to extend our kit deal ... If they didn't have the option, we could have gotten a higher price considering that our contract with them expired right after our CL win

Real Madrid extended their contract in 2012, just 1 year before and they got 31 Million per year and Chelsea extended in 2013 and got 30 Million pound. Not sure if you would have got more than that.

Real Madrid extended their contract in 2012, just 1 year before and they got 31 Million per year and Chelsea extended in 2013 and got 30 Million pound. Not sure if you would have got more than that.

Perhaps not but now that we know Adidas is willing to pay so much ... I am sure clubs will be itching to renegotiate their deals once an exit clause kicks in. Also Adidas faced no competition at all for RM and Chelsea sponsorship I think cos they had an extend option

Perhaps not but now that we know Adidas is willing to pay so much ... I am sure clubs will be itching to renegotiate their deals once an exit clause kicks in. Also Adidas faced no competition at all for RM and Chelsea sponsorship I think cos they had an extend option

Doubt they had 75 Million in mind when the market price was around 30 Million and that was the biggest till now.

Kevin Strootman back in training btw... wouldn't surprise me at all.

If i had £34m I would buy Vidal and have him play in a park around the corner. Its that good price.

I genuinely think United are concerned about his knee, which would perhaps explain why we've supposedly move on.

Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal is relaxed over his future amid reports of a move to Manchester United | Football News | Sky Sports

Chile international midfielder Arturo Vidal is relaxed over his future after impressing at the World Cup.

The 27-year-old has been heavily linked with a move from Juventus to Manchester United in recent days.
New United boss Louis van Gaal is embarking on rebuilding his squad following a dismal season that saw them miss out on European football for the first time in 25 years and part company with David Moyes.
Juventus have slapped a £35m fee on the player, but Vidal is in no rush to quit the Italian champions.
"I'm not thinking of where I'm going to go, I want to take advantage of my holidays with the people I love,” Vidal said on Chilean television.
“Right now I'm thinking of other things. Afterwards, when I arrive in Italy, I'll see.
"I'm already at a great team, Juventus, so I will be just as calm if the Manchester United option falls through."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the Vidal interview I was on about last night Mike and anyone else who cares. This is now copied off Sky Sports News article.

Fabrizio Romano (Sky Italia journalist) says there were talks between the clubs last month. No official bid was made, no agreement was made and that there have been no talks since.

Fabrizio Romano (Sky Italia journalist) says there were talks between the clubs last month. No official bid was made, no agreement was made and that there have been no talks since.

I'm more interested in Chile media tbh and they are all over it. That's where he is at the moment as well.

United didn't leak over anything for Herrera. If United have been dealing with Vidal's agent before making the bid to Juventus then they will know very little if anything anyway.

Back