The Manchester United Thread

Well well well, just a couple years after FFP was introduced it seems as if my prediction of it massively favouring the big clubs keeping them big and causing a much bigger gap between them and the rest is showing itself already! Man Utd sign a £750million shirt sponsorship deal with Adidas, double prize money thanks to BT Sport's injection of cash to air Premier League matches, Man City buying clubs abroad in the US and Australia and teams forming more partnerships with global businesses. Football is now well and truly not the fans game, its a money game and Fifa has not helped this in the slightest.

FFP was NEVER about equality. It's about making sure teams dont go bust.

SSN saying we have kitty of 200m for this window, and with the new kit deal can spend 75m+ for the next 10 yrs in every window.

Peter Spencer chief writer for MEN has tweeted Vidal to Utd imminent. Is he reliable?

No he constantly teases United fans and is meant to be a City supporter.

Tancredi Palmeri reckons Vidal and United have agreement in principles whatever that means but the bid to Juventus hasn't been made yet.

Like I said few days back, ManUtd have stopped briefing Journos, so Ducker is just covering all the bases, same with Ogden. In short no one has a ******* clue on what is going on.

No he constantly teases United fans and is meant to be a City supporter.

Tancredi Palmeri reckons Vidal and United have agreement in principles whatever that means but the bid to Juventus hasn't been made yet.
Yeah just read that about Tancredi. Mirror Online just did article about LVG bringing De vrij, Blind and Indi from Holland. Cant see it but would not complain, can see 1 leaving from Indi or De Vrij as they have just signed CB today.

Yeah just read that about Tancredi. Mirror Online just did article about LVG bringing De vrij, Blind and Indi from Holland. Cant see it but would not complain, can see 1 leaving from Indi or De Vrij as they have just signed CB today.

Please not Martins Indi, De Vrij yes.

Like I said few days back, ManUtd have stopped briefing Journos, so Ducker is just covering all the bases, same with Ogden. In short no one has a ******* clue on what is going on.

Yeh... probably right. With the Premier League just over a month away, you'd kind of expect our remaining business to be done swiftly.

With the new shirt deal I can't help but think that there must have been some way to pay off all of our debts immediately. Something like 30 million per year and Adidas pay of our 450 million ish debt. The debt still looms large over United. Imagine if if was gone. Everything that the club make would be profit and not used to offset the debt.

With the new shirt deal I can't help but think that there must have been some way to pay off all of our debts immediately. Something like 30 million per year and Adidas pay of our 450 million ish debt. The debt still looms large over United. Imagine if if was gone. Everything that the club make would be profit and not used to offset the debt.
Don't think it works like that mate LOL. Wont be long till its paid off anyways, and I think its less than 450!

Arsenal Chelsea and City are going to be ridiculously strong next year (if you look at the teams on paper at least), we simply have to get the transfers right (Herrera and Shaw is just a promising start) and top 4 is a must.

I'd be really disappointed if we went for Cavani just for the sake of getting a big name. According to this guy on twitter who is usually really reliable is claiming LVG doesn't fancy Rooney as a striker as we all know, he likes to drop deep a lot and that obviously interferes with the team shape and other players, especially when you have the likes of Mata, Kagawa, Januzaj who all like to roam around.

Arsenal Chelsea and City are going to be ridiculously strong next year (if you look at the teams on paper at least), we simply have to get the transfers right (Herrera and Shaw is just a promising start) and top 4 is a must.

I'd be really disappointed if we went for Cavani just for the sake of getting a big name. According to this guy on twitter who is usually really reliable is claiming LVG doesn't fancy Rooney as a striker as we all know, he likes to drop deep a lot and that obviously interferes with the team shape and other players, especially when you have the likes of Mata, Kagawa, Januzaj who all like to roam around.
Its ok looking strong on paper, that don't count for nothing when season starts mate. We will no dout strengthen more than teams around us as we need to and have the bigger budget. I trust we will bring in quality Cavani could be one if LVG see Rooney in CM. Tactics will play big part this season, and having no CL will be massive for us while other teams are getting fatigue and picking up more injuries. I am very positive about this season, been great summer so far for us.

Its ok looking strong on paper, that don't count for nothing when season starts mate. We will no dout strengthen more than teams around us as we need to and have the bigger budget. I trust we will bring in quality Cavani could be one if LVG see Rooney in CM. Tactics will play big part this season, and having no CL will be massive for us while other teams are getting fatigue and picking up more injuries. I am very positive about this season, been great summer so far for us.

Having better players can only help, but they will all be stronger considerably. Pellegrini and Mourinho will be better in their second season and have better squads. Chelsea especially. (Man City already great and will add undoubtedly to what they have, Mangala, Fernando).

Arsenal are just going to be something else entirely if they can get a good striker and Khedira added to what they have done already this summer.

I think we still have more questions than answers at the moment Shaw is a young LB with a lot of potential but meanwhile we're losing yet another experienced player added to the many others this summer.

That's a lot of valuable experience gone in one season.

Having better players can only help, but they will all be stronger considerably. Pellegrini and Mourinho will be better in their second season and have better squads. Chelsea especially. (Man City already great and will add undoubtedly to what they have, Mangala, Fernando).

Arsenal are just going to be something else entirely if they can get a good striker and Khedira added to what they have done already this summer.

I think we still have more questions than answers at the moment Shaw is a young LB with a lot of potential but meanwhile we're losing yet another experienced player added to the many others this summer.

That's a lot of valuable experience gone in one season.
Holland had nearly no experience either plus we still have RVP,Rooney,Carrick,Valencia,Fletcher even our young players have a lot of experience. We will get good players to strengthen in quality and depth, the teams you mention had stronger teams last season than most clubs and still dropped points plus lower teams will improve also. I have not to be optimistic about this season. Look at City yesterday loose to Dundee UTD 2-0 squads don't get results always.

Back