The Manchester United Thread

In that article on Chilevision read the last sentence.

"Ya estoy en un equipo grande, la Juventus, por lo que igual estaré tranquilo si fracasa lo opción del Manchester United", sentenció.

Google Translate: -

"I'm in a big team, Juventus, so it'll be quiet like the option if fails Manchester United," he said.

-------------------------------

Which basically means if the move to Manchester United fails he'll be happy to stay at a big club like Juventus.

if we get him we get him if not we will just move on

To whom? Kevin Strootman is back in training so wouldn't mind him obviously.

But we need to be realistic and realise there isn't many good alternatives.

In that article on Chilevision read the last sentence.

"Ya estoy en un equipo grande, la Juventus, por lo que igual estaré tranquilo si fracasa lo opción del Manchester United", sentenció.

Google Translate: -

"I'm in a big team, Juventus, so it'll be quiet like the option if fails Manchester United," he said.

-------------------------------

Which basically means if the move to Manchester United fails he'll be happy to stay at a big club like Juventus.

Erm, thats why I said journos made that sentence. Watch his interview on YT, I gave you the link. He didn't say anything like that.

Erm, thats why I said journos made that sentence. Watch his interview on YT, I gave you the link. He didn't say anything like that.

Do you speak Spanish? I hardly doubt they'd have a video and article on an interview giving false information.

Ok, be delusional.

Hardly delusional, Sport Witness are usually reliable and they are saying the quotes are true. Also Jonas Cleaver who is latin-american said they are as well.

Look, I'm not saying he's coming or anything, but that quote was accurate in some way, or else why would reliable people say it was if it wasn't?

Infact lets just end this conversation already, what's the point.

Arturo Vidal concedes Manchester United are ‘one of the biggest clubs in the world’, but says he is happy at Juventus.

The 27-year-old has been the subject of continued links to the Old Trafford outfit this summer, with talk of a possible €44m, £35m deal in the works.

However, on from reports in England that a move at such a price level is unlikely, the player himself has indicated that where there may still be uncertainty on his future, he is happy where he currently is.

“On my future, I want to return to Italy and then we will see what happens,” Vidal has begun in conversation today with Fox Sports.

“I really do not know anything about what is going on. I’m not reading the papers, I am very calm, and I’m doing everything possible to recover from a knee injury.

“Things are going well and I am happy at Juventus.

“I’m concerned about doing things with the people that I love, everything else is being dealt with by my agent.

“It would be wrong to talk about another team, I just know that [United] are one of the biggest clubs in the world, but I still have a contract with Juventus.

“It would be disrespectful to talk about another team in front of Juventus and my teammates.”

Vidal raced back to the field this summer in time for Chile’s World Cup campaign, despite undergoing knee surgery on a meniscus injury in May.

“The knee is okay, I’m not doing anything. I am resting, taking advantage of the holiday break.

“I have tried to let it be because the last two months have been very intense.

Vidal and his Chile teammates were eliminated in the Round of 16 at this summer’s World Cup by hosts Brazil.

“I think we will be much better for the upcoming Copa America. We will play in our country, with our people, it will be a wonderful tournament.

“Hopefully we will do well, we have time to accomplish something important.”

Some hope..

Some hope..

Strootman's back in training, I think it will be one of them two, not both. Wouldn't mind which either.

Whether we're reluctant to pay too much for Vidal because his games is reliant on his box to box abilities and dynamism, his knee injury may effect that, not too sure what to think right now. Reports supposedly close to Juve are saying nothing has happened since we contacted last month.

Odd how papers found out about it roughly at the same time. Mirror, Daily Mail, BBC... well that guy at least.

They are pullling it of twiitter and copying each other. Have you seen anything from the lieks of Ducker, Jackson and Ogden? If the answer is no, its likely guesswork. If we were briefing papers, those three would be the first to know.

I really dont know about the deal. I do know that the papers have been fishing about United all summer. They didnt even know about Herrera till he signed.

I really dont know about the deal. I do know that the papers have been fishing about United all summer. They didnt even know about Herrera till he signed.

True, I know there isn't hardly any, if any actual available, worthy alternatives. Khedira? All I can think of really.

True, I know there isn't hardly any, if any actual available, worthy alternatives. Khedira? All I can think of really.

Maybe Schweinsteiger. Telegraph now also using the vidal interview

Below is from Jamie Jackson at the Guardian:

Louis van Gaal will make a quick assessment on whether Chris Smalling, Tom Cleverley, Javier Hernández, Shinji Kagawa, Darren Fletcher, and Ashley Young should be offered contract extensions, with all waiting anxiously to discover their fate as the new manager arrives at Manchester United on Wednesday.
All have two years left on their current contracts apart from Cleverley and Fletcher, whose terms expire next summer. While others in the United squad also have deals that end over the next 24 months, it is these six players whose respective futures are in the balance, with Bebé andAnderson two others who are free to leave.
With Van Gaal joining the club only four weeks before the start of the season, he needs to move fast to decide if Smalling, Cleverley, Hernandez, Kagawa, Fletcher and Young are part of his long-term plans.
On Wednesday Van Gaal meets his squad for the first time, before Thursday’s planned official unveiling and Friday’s early afternoon flight to the United States for the start of the summer tour, so the Dutchman will use the six-day training camp in Los Angeles ahead of the opening game to assess the six.
Antonio Valencia is the only player to have signed fresh terms since Van Gaal took charge. The Ecuadorian had only 12 months left before receiving a new three-year deal during the World Cup in what was a telling sign of his value to Van Gaal.
While the 62-year-old may decide to use the wideman as a wing-back or right-back next season, Gary Neville has hailed Luke Shaw’s arrival, with the left-back having signed for £27m from Southampton.
“I am trying to keep guarded here about the size of talent that exists in this footballer,” Neville told the MEN. “You are talking about brilliant potential. The reason United spent £27m on a left-back at his age is because they see the huge talent and I can only endorse that talent. You have to watch him at close hand to realise that this is an incredible and hugely talented football player. Luke Shaw is fantastic.
“United fans have got to understand – and this is not the boy’s fault – that when you sign someone at that age for £27m, you don’t get perfection straight away but you have to give him time and space to develop. Luke will need time to settle in, as any 19-year-old boy would coming to Manchester.
“I am expecting he will do well this season but you will see a really quite fantastic full-back in 18 months to two years. When he matures and gets used to the club and settles into the environment and understands the expectation he will blossom.
“I came through at 16-17 [with United] with the rest of my mates and we virtually lived in the football club. We knew the expectations. It was drilled into us. He is coming from a very good football club and a very good youth system but he is now at a giant of a club. The expectations are massive. But he will get used to that.”

Doubt they had 75 Million in mind when the market price was around 30 Million and that was the biggest till now.

Probably didn't. I am just saying that now Adidas has just given United an arguably disproportionate sponsorship, other clubs will likely look to renegotiate better deals for themselves once the 'exit' clause on their contract with Adidas kicks in. Although none will be anywhere close to £75m

Probably didn't. I am just saying that now Adidas has just given United an arguably disproportionate sponsorship, other clubs will likely look to renegotiate better deals for themselves once the 'exit' clause on their contract with Adidas kicks in. Although none will be anywhere close to £75m

Not sure about renegotiation as Madrid are locked till 2020 and I think Chelsea till 2013 (?). Not sure how they can re negotiate.

Also not sure what his exit clause means. Any source?

Last edited:
Adidas say they expect to make £1.5bn from the deal too. Looking at it like that it's not really disproportionate at all.

Maybe Schweinsteiger. Telegraph now also using the vidal interview

Below is from Jamie Jackson at the Guardian:

I think Guardian and ESPN reporting that LVG need only 20 first team players, I think it's 20 plus some academy players. Make sense IMO.

Not sure about renegotiation as Madrid are locked till 2020 and I think Chelsea till 2013 (?). Not sure how they can re negotiate.

Essentially Chelsea and Madrid would never lock themselves into a 10 year deal without having an option somewhere down the line for them to pay a certain amount of money to exit the contract. It's what Chelsea did in 2005 when they paid £24.5m to Umbro to ditch them for Adidas

Also not sure what his exit clause means. Any source?

Adidas say they expect to make £1.5bn from the deal too. Looking at it like that it's not really disproportionate at all.

Not really sure though, Nike said they pulled out because they felt too much money was being asked and for them to let go of their stranglehold on United which has the biggest fan base in the world ... They must have really felt the deal never had a chance of working for them. So either Adidas are run by smarter people than Nike or Adidas were desperate enough to shell out big money in order to finally beat Nike to the sponsorship of the biggest club in the world

Back