The Manchester United Thread

Do you personally think the Conte resignation is in any way related?

I'm not saying it will lead to any kind of definite sale for either player, but I'm fairly certain that transfers, including the futures of Vidal and Pogba, were a key part of him leaving.

Seen lots of reports from Gazetta dello Sport stating that United have met Juve's valuation of Vidal, and that the deal was underway. This is also being touted as the main reason, among others, that Conte has resigned. Not saying it's true, but the Vidal bit would be excellent if it is..

Conte's depature was caused by his ambitions to make Juventus a force in Europe - that being said he wanted to keep his current starting 11 + buy atleast 2-3 quality players for roughly 50m€. The club leaders didn't allow that without selling atleast two high value players ( Pogba, Vidal). Hence why he left. They had dominated Serie A past 3 years, but been rather poor in Europe.

Vidal would be a great buy for us (Y) still have a tiny bit of hope we go for Pogba though that way in FM 15 we will have another Home-Grown player in our first team loool

Seems Juventus are going for Allegri, the guy who failed at Milan - very odd choice.

Rumours that we're apparently putting forward a bid for James Rodriguez. I'm assuming they're just horsing around, it's so utterly ridiculous. Although, apparently it's a ploy to ensure Madrid sell di Maria quicker and cheaper to fund their move for him.

Also, apparently we value Vidal at around 25 Million and are opposed to paying more - Vidal deal maybe off.. T_T I would've definitely preferred Vidal over Strootman or Carvalho, and if it's just about the price (and not about his knee), then this is a very, very strange decision from us..

yet we pay 27 for 18 who could become worldclass and we get put off from some 1 that is worldclass now cos the team that are selling want more than 25 now thats some sence just pay them and lets get this done cos i for 1 is geting fed up with it now

Rumours that we're apparently putting forward a bid for James Rodriguez. I'm assuming they're just horsing around, it's so utterly ridiculous. Although, apparently it's a ploy to ensure Madrid sell di Maria quicker and cheaper to fund their move for him.

Also, apparently we value Vidal at around 25 Million and are opposed to paying more - Vidal deal maybe off.. T_T I would've definitely preferred Vidal over Strootman or Carvalho, and if it's just about the price (and not about his knee), then this is a very, very strange decision from us..

According to an interview James Rodriguez would like to play in the premier league but only later in his career as he said currently it's far too physical for him and so for the time being he would rather play in spain which is understandable as playing in the premier league is far more physically tougher. Just look at what happened to Ozil towards the end of the season in comparison to when he first joined.

And for Arturo Vidal he is an awesome player who we should definitely buy but I don't understand why we are not meeting their valuation of £35 million which isn't too bad considering how teams are getting richer every year and how some players are valued even higher than that and they aren't even better. I wouldn't mind if Strootman came to United because he is a good player but if a player like Vidal is available I don't understand why we are not going for him :(

Back