The Manchester United Thread

Thats my feeling also ... and by that time it will be too effin late ...

Strootman is back in (very light) training already.

To be honest it really wouldnt be too late at all.

The biggest signing of the summer for us has been the manager.

You need to panic more there are only 47 days left you know :p

But this squad is still horrifically unbalanced and needs work if we serious about making a statement this year. Honestly if we don't bring in a few more quality players I'll be very disappointed, we can't allow for any excuses next season if we have another bad year.

Edit: Oh and Strootman isn't even worth trying for until next summer.

But this squad is still horrifically unbalanced and needs work if we serious about making a statement this year. Honestly if we don't bring in a few more quality players I'll be very disappointed, we can't allow for any excuses next season if we have another bad year.

What makes you think we wont?

That's obviously a photoshop, he didin't sign yet.

Dude, come on.. he's all sweaty and wearing gloves.. IT'S SUMMER! and it's last years shirt and he's wearing a black armband

Saying that.... maybe that's why he's sweating..........

What makes you think we wont?

Well there's little alternatives to a quality replacement for Vidal, so it's either him or no one basically in midfield, Vidal looks unlikely anyway.

Then fans who start saying "the manager is the best signing" is kind of just hoping he will work wonders with the current squad there is, which in my opinion isn't good enough unless we get rid of deadwood and bring in some proven quality players.

If we have been happy with Herrera and Shaw this summer, without bringing in a CM like Vidal and other areas like central defender, winger then I'm genuinely baffled.

I seriously think we should be focusing on getting a Center Back maybe he's doing some dealings behind the scenes but we will need another Center Back otherwise we will be getting ripped apart like last season again :L

I seriously think we should be focusing on getting a Center Back maybe he's doing some dealings behind the scenes but we will need another Center Back otherwise we will be getting ripped apart like last season again :L

I think the midfield was a big problem and will continue to be so unless we buy another quality CM. Herrera on his own is not enough. Can't rely on Fletcher/Anderson/Cleverley and that just leaves Carrick who came off one of his worst seasons and can't be relied on as much anymore as he's not getting any younger.

Well there's little alternatives to a quality replacement for Vidal, so it's either him or no one basically in midfield, Vidal looks unlikely anyway.

Then fans who start saying "the manager is the best signing" is kind of just hoping he will work wonders with the current squad there is, which in my opinion isn't good enough unless we get rid of deadwood and bring in some proven quality players.

If we have been happy with Herrera and Shaw this summer, without bringing in a CM like Vidal and other areas like central defender, winger then I'm genuinely baffled.

Er no, no no no no no no no no.

Why is everyone so worked up right now? When the Club go into "we are talking to no-one" mode it means something is imminent, alaways has. Plus the fact it is LVG's first day at Carrington. I would rather he takes a few weeks to acclimate himself with the squad so he can make the %100 right move for the players he wants rather than what everyone wants right now. And if that just happens to be Vidal then that is great.

A top manager can be worth 10-15 points on his own.

Ask yourselves where United would have been had we won 4-5 of those home games we lost.

We might not get Vidal, dont mean we have not got other targets. We have had a good start so far in bringing in 2 quality player. We have no clue whats happening transfer wise, and LVG is a massive signing look at what he did with Holland and there squad. Also dont need to sign big names need players that fit.

I think the midfield was a big problem and will continue to be so unless we buy another quality CM. Herrera on his own is not enough. Can't rely on Fletcher/Anderson/Cleverley and that just leaves Carrick who came off one of his worst seasons and can't be relied on as much anymore as he's not getting any younger.

That is very true Herrera on his own will not be enough he isn't Paul Scholes lol but we have lost two of our most experienced center backs and the trio of Jones/Smalling/Evans is far to weak. We were anally raped by Chelsea/Liverpool/Manchester City/Tottenham and others last year due to our appalling defense and that needs to change

Thank you! Any ideas how? Cos, among other symptoms, despite being anything but religious I find myself every nite before I sleep praying we' ll have bought Vidal and/or Di Maria (or somebody of the same calibre) by the time i wake up in the morning ...
Yes. Smoke weed every day.

A top manager can be worth 10-15 points on his own.

Ask yourselves where United would have been had we won 4-5 of those home games we lost.

LVG usually gets off to a slow start, we can't rely on stuff like that. We have to accept parts of this squad is simply not good enough and invest in some quality players. All these sponsors and everything else, we're still relying on a squad that is no where near the level of others at the top of the league.

All other clubs we want to compete with have done better business than us so far (assuming Arsenal get Khedira, so will be significantly stronger again), so I'm kind of worried what we're aiming for at this moment. Sure I may be reacting to what seems bad news regarding Vidal, but when you look around there really is little else to choose from.

Why is everyone so worked up right now? When the Club go into "we are talking to no-one" mode it means something is imminent, alaways has. Plus the fact it is LVG's first day at Carrington. I would rather he takes a few weeks to acclimate himself with the squad so he can make the %100 right move for the players he wants rather than what everyone wants right now. And if that just happens to be Vidal then that is great.
You speak to much sense :)

We have a top class manager who knows exactly how he wants to play

An excellent ball playing midfielder who plugs many of the holes we had in terms of creative intelligence

An very good left back, who could be one of the best in the world.

All by mid july.

Thats enough to aim for 3rd right now.

LVG usually gets off to a slow start, we can't rely on stuff like that. We have to accept parts of this squad is simply not good enough and invest in some quality players. All these sponsors and everything else, we're still relying on a squad that is no where near the level of others at the top of the league.

All other clubs we want to compete with have done better business than us so far, so I'm kind of worried what we're aiming for at this moment. Sure I may be reacting to what seems bad news regarding Vidal, but when you look around there really is little else to choose from.

We have one of the easiest starting runs we've ever had.

Actually, you've overreacting to bad news. In Mid July.

Back