The Manchester United Thread

Who says the values too high? The same papers that said it was imminent a few days ago? Honestly no one has a clue, just be patient.

According to an interview James Rodriguez would like to play in the premier league but only later in his career as he said currently it's far too physical for him and so for the time being he would rather play in spain which is understandable as playing in the premier league is far more physically tougher. Just look at what happened to Ozil towards the end of the season in comparison to when he first joined.

I'm not stating the futility of the transfer (although that has things unto itself too). I'm stating it's highly unnecessary. James Rodriguez excels in the hole behind the striker. In Januzaj, Mata, Rooney and Kagawa, not to mention Lingard and Nick Powell, we have quite an abundance of players who can slot in there. Not denying Rodriguez's undoubted quality (I didn't know him before his move to Porta, but I was among the ones hoping we'd sign him, before he made a move to Monaco), but just buying every quality, young player that turns up isn't the solution. We'd have to offload two of Kagawa, Mata and Rooney in order to properly get the best out of him..

It is most likely rubbish spewed by papers anyhow, but a move for him now would be ludicrous.

Guys. No one is getting anything from United. Ignore the rumours.

Even if someone is getting something, the answer would be ' No actions were taken'. Relax, there are only 47 days left till transfer window closes.

I'm not stating the futility of the transfer (although that has things unto itself too). I'm stating it's highly unnecessary. James Rodriguez excels in the hole behind the striker. In Januzaj, Mata, Rooney and Kagawa, not to mention Lingard and Nick Powell, we have quite an abundance of players who can slot in there. Not denying Rodriguez's undoubted quality (I didn't know him before his move to Porta, but I was among the ones hoping we'd sign him, before he made a move to Monaco), but just buying every quality, young player that turns up isn't the solution. We'd have to offload two of Kagawa, Mata and Rooney in order to properly get the best out of him..

It is most likely rubbish spewed by papers anyhow, but a move for him now would be ludicrous.

Exactly we have 4 number 10's at our club and I don't think buying a 5th one would help lool

But i'm hoping LVG introduces players from our Youth Academy into the first team he's done that at Barca, Bayern, Ajax and AZ will be interesting to see if more young talents come in (Y)

Andreas Pereira is the next big thing, plenty of talent there, some not quite ready, but I think he could make an impact if needed this season.

Andreas Pereira is the next big thing, plenty of talent there, some not quite ready, but I think he could make an impact if needed this season.
I watched nearly all youth/reserve games last season Pereira is defo not ready yet, far to inconsistent and not physically ready he was already fast tracked to reserves at 17. Pearson or Rothwell are the only CMs ready to make the step with Lingard,Jhonstone,Varela,Keane bros and Vermijl . The rest need loans.

I watched nearly all youth/reserve games last season Pereira is defo not ready yet, far to inconsistent and not physically ready he was already fast tracked to reserves at 17. Pearson or Rothwell are the only CMs ready to make the step with Lingard,Jhonstone,Varela,Keane bros and Vermijl . The rest need loans.

Need to give them chances, that's how they grow and we find out what they are really made of. Pereira has a lot of talent, Lingaard is just over-rated and not very good.

Need to give them chances, that's how they grow and we find out what they are really made of. Pereira has a lot of talent, Lingaard is just over-rated and not very good.
Agree, but give them time when ready which Pereira is not, he has all the potential but no where near ready and needs another year in Reserves. Lingard is a better player than what people think defo not over-hyped.

I think Vidal has to force the move or it won't happen, something I can't see happening. I'd say it's not happening.
I don't get that from that comment. Owner only saying that to give press something. Any owner/manager would say the same.

Also, apparently we value Vidal at around 25 Million and are opposed to paying more

Ive seen this one around and its ridiculous if true. Anybody who knows anything about football and has eyes to see can tell you VIDAL is one of the best if not the best combative midfielder equally adept at box to box (visions of KEANO in his pomp here) and at bwm (to introduce a bit of FM terminology). So we pay 30m for a teenager with potential (a lot of it yes but potential nevertheless) and we baulk at paying a few more millions to properly fill the ONE position that has needed filling for aeons ... riiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!!!!!! I sincerely hope we are not such idiots and its something else.

And, in view of yesterdays mega deal with adidas as well as what we will gain by buying VIDAL (can you imagine the shirts sold with his name?!!! plus VIDAL is really likely to make that bit of difference in us winning the EPL again nevermind qualifying for the CL), we ARE talking about a "few" millions.

Ive seen this one around and its ridiculous if true. Anybody who knows anything about football and has eyes to see can tell you VIDAL is one of the best if not the best combative midfielder equally adept at box to box (visions of KEANO in his pomp here) and at bwm (to introduce a bit of FM terminology). So we pay 30m for a teenager with potential (a lot of it yes but potential nevertheless) and we baulk at paying a few more millions to properly fill the ONE position that has needed filling for aeons ... riiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!!!!!! I sincerely hope we are not such idiots and its something else.

And, in view of yesterdays mega deal with adidas as well as what we will gain by buying VIDAL (can you imagine the shirts sold with his name?!!! plus VIDAL is really likely to make that bit of difference in us winning the EPL again nevermind qualifying for the CL), we ARE talking about a "few" millions.

Oh, I fervently agree with you. I know Mike said to ignore rumours, but if we don't get Vidal eventually, I'm guessing it'll be more related to his injury than anything else. Backup plan was Schweini (equally unlikely) or Strootman in January(more possible)

Even if someone is getting something, the answer would be ' No actions were taken'. Relax, there are only 47 days left till transfer window closes.

Thank you! Any ideas how? Cos, among other symptoms, despite being anything but religious I find myself every nite before I sleep praying we' ll have bought Vidal and/or Di Maria (or somebody of the same calibre) by the time i wake up in the morning ...

Last edited:
Back