The Manchester United Thread

LVG usually gets off to a slow start, we can't rely on stuff like that. We have to accept parts of this squad is simply not good enough and invest in some quality players. All these sponsors and everything else, we're still relying on a squad that is no where near the level of others at the top of the league.

All other clubs we want to compete with have done better business than us so far, so I'm kind of worried what we're aiming for at this moment. Sure I may be reacting to what seems bad news regarding Vidal, but when you look around there really is little else to choose from.
Was on SSN earlier his 1st 5 game record is good usually wins 3-4 out of the 1st 5 games.

Changing our tune then are we from what we were maintaining last year/season?(6)

Nope, I dont think I've said a top manager isnt worth 10-15 points. You have less leeway with a "lesser" manager, they need to do more to maintain a certain level.

If you're referring to Moyes, he didnt hit his own standards, which was the problem.

Last edited:
We have one of the easiest starting runs we've ever had.

Actually, you've overreacting to bad news. In Mid July.

Who's going to be available in January any more so than now, I'd say realistically, no one. Strootman isn't worth trying for till next summer because he won't play until December-ish earliest so you want to give him minimum 3 months of constant playing before assessing the option of buying him.

Being optimistic saying this squad is good enough for 3rd, Arsenal, City and Chelsea are all stronger, by quite a margin as well. 4th is much more open but still going to be tricky I'd say unless we sign some more players.

Yes Herrera and Shaw, good buys, but don't expect them to hit the ground running, this is massive move for both of them and it will take time.

The defence still badly worries me, as well as our wide-options, no naturally great wingers anymore and also no enforcer/ball-winning type CM.

I kind of expected more by this stage, Herrera had a release clause and Shaw was a previous target so they weren't that hard to pull off if you showed the money.

Who's going to be available in January any more so than now, I'd say realistically, no one. Strootman isn't worth trying for till next summer because he won't play until December-ish earliest so you want to give him minimum 3 months of constant playing before assessing the option of buying him.

Being optimistic saying this squad is good enough for 3rd, Arsenal, City and Chelsea are all stronger, by quite a margin as well. 4th is much more open but still going to be tricky I'd say unless we sign some more players.

Yes Herrera and Shaw, good buys, but don't expect them to hit the ground running, this is massive move for both of them and it will take time.

The defence still badly worries me, as well as our wide-options, no naturally great wingers anymore and also no enforcer/ball-winning type CM.

I kind of expected more by this stage, Herrera had a release clause and Shaw was a previous target so they weren't that hard to pull off if you showed the money.

Maybe your expectations were not realistic? Why would Strootman need 3 months? ACLs are not the killers they used to be any more.

If you are saying dont expect them to hit the ground running, might as well say that for all our targets.

Maybe your expectations were not realistic?

Maybe, I'm just gutted if we cocked up this Vidal thing, really was the only great CM who could do a host of roles even slightly available this summer to my knowledge.

Buying neither of Vidal or Di Maria just doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence that we're aiming high in the transfer market. Expected at least 1 top top player this summer.

Maybe, I'm just gutted if we cocked up this Vidal thing, really was the only great CM who could do a host of roles even slightly available this summer to my knowledge.

Buying neither of Vidal or Di Maria just doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence that we're aiming high in the transfer market. Expected at least 1 top top player this summer.

How can you **** up a player who a club doesnt want to sell to you. You cant kidnap him

How can you **** up a player who a club doesnt want to sell to you. You cant kidnap him

Juventus are not financially great, we didn't offer enough, bailed out about a month ago if the reliable Italian journalists are to believed.

Juventus are not financially great, we didn't offer enough, bailed out about a month ago if the reliable Italian journalists are to believed.
We didnt make a bid if the they are to be believed. told he's not for sale. Still don't see how that's cocking up

That pic on MUFC.COM of LVG and Woody is great! There gonna have some great plans up there sleeves can see it now!

Im not to fussed at WC signing tbh just want good/top players that will strengthen the team/squad and get us back in the top 4. But if we can get WC player/s then all the better.

We didnt make a bid if the they are to be believed. told he's not for sale. Still don't see how that's cocking up

Most of them report if we had of offered 45m euros it would of had to of been greatly considered.

Im not to fussed at WC signing tbh just want good/top players that will strengthen the team/squad and get us back in the top 4. But if we can get WC player/s then all the better.

I dont care if they cost 5m or 50m. Can they make the key difference is what matters. 2 of the finest players we've ever had cost a combined 13m.

I dont care if they cost 5m or 50m. Can they make the key difference is what matters. 2 of the finest players we've ever had cost a combined 13m.
Exactly! There are more than enough good players out there we could possibly be targeting. Maybe a few younger ones to make top players.

I can't be optimistic of a midfield consisting of Fellaini, Fletcher, Carrick, Herrera, Cleverley and Anderson - no matter who the manager, I'm sorry. >.>

Possible wide options: - Nani, Valencia, Young, Januzaj, Mata. - Not bad but we have no great winger and 2 of them are more no.10's if you ask me. Young is just terrible and should be replaced with a young Griezzmann or someone like that. Di Maria obviously isn't realistic as we won't spend that amount they want it seems.

Central Defence: - Evans, Jones, Smalling, M.Keane - Seems like I'm missing someone, but this is just horrifically weak at the moment. Even with Vermealen who seems the realistic one we will get it's bad.

Sorry to be Mr.Pessimist but can you really be hopeful looking at them weak areas? No where near top 3 if you ask me.

I can't be optimistic of a midfield consisting of Fellaini, Fletcher, Carrick, Herrera, Cleverley and Anderson - no matter who the manager, I'm sorry. >.>

Possible wide options: - Nani, Valencia, Young, Januzaj, Mata. - Not bad but we have no great winger and 2 of them are more no.10's if you ask me. Young is just terrible and should be replaced with a young Griezzmann or someone like that. Di Maria obviously isn't realistic as we won't spend that amount they want it seems.

Central Defence: - Evans, Jones, Smalling, M.Keane - Seems like I'm missing someone, but this is just horrifically weak at the moment. Even with Vermealen who seems the realistic one we will get it's bad.

Sorry to be Mr.Pessimist but can you really be hopeful looking at them weak areas? No where near top 3 if you ask me.
Defo good enough to challenge for top 3/4 our squad is. And your post makes it sound like we are not going to sign anyone for some strange reason.

Defo good enough to challenge for top 3/4 our squad is. And your post makes it sound like we are not going to sign anyone for some strange reason.

In comparison to the other big teams the signings we have made are good but not world class we may scrape 4th with our current squad but we will need few more marquee signings to be able to challenge the big 4

Back