The Manchester United Thread

In comparison to the other big teams the signings we have made are good but not world class we may scrape 4th with our current squad but we will need few more marquee signings to be able to challenge the big 4
Marquee signings are good but not important we need good players to come in and fit the system. Its ok all the other clubs spending big on Marquee players, but are they going to settle right in? Also are other big names arriving at said clubs going to effect the other players at the club already who will end up on the bench causing rifts in the dressing room. There is problems to only buying Marquee signings!

Juventus will never come out and say Vidal is for sale or wants to leave, that will make their position lot weaker.

Still I would say the situation is as before, we have to pay OTT to make Juve consider selling him. Moratta also said Conte resigned because of difference over transfer plans.

This is regular club denying the rumors.

Marquee signings are good but not important we need good players to come in and fit the system. Its ok all the other clubs spending big on Marquee players, but are they going to settle right in? Also are other big names arriving at said clubs going to effect the other players at the club already who will end up on the bench causing rifts in the dressing room. There is problems to only buying Marquee signings!

You raise a fair point there lol but the main reason they are Marquee signings is that they have bags of talent which can potentially bring success to the club instantly also it depends on which position you fill with a Marquee signing...I highly doubt Jones/Evans/Smalling would complain if LVG was to bring a big name center back aha

Why does a signing need to be marquee?

It doesn't, but it's something we certainly lack. Everyone wanted Vidal, myself included, the team looks a whole lot better with him and obviously a whole lot worse without him.

We don't have that midfield enforcer LVG usually like in his system, not sure who he will turn to now, I hope he doesn't rely on the same old tried and tested failures, Clever and Anderson, I know his ego would like them to work.

Juventus will never come out and say Vidal is for sale or wants to leave, that will make their position lot weaker.

Still I would say the situation is as before, we have to pay OTT to make Juve consider selling him. Moratta also said Conte resigned because of difference over transfer plans.

This is regular club denying the rumors.

marotta has stated during the allegri presser that vidal is not for sale at any price and will remain a juve player.. that do ya?

marotta has stated during the allegri presser that vidal is not for sale at any price and will remain a juve player.. that do ya?

Only way that happens is if Vidal forces it and I can't see him doing it.

Defence: needs a leader

Midfield: A dynamic enforcer+, basically a player who can replace Hargreaves properly, ie still offer something on the ball and going forwards.

Winger: Bags of pace, tricky, most of all; consistent decison making. Not my biggest concern.

We have one of the most leakiest defense as clearly shown last season and we have just lost Vidic and Ferdinand...

Organisation is more important. LVG had a defensive line considerably worse than ours, and made it solid.

Defence: needs a leader

Midfield: A dynamic enforcer+, basically a player who can replace Hargreaves properly, ie still offer something on the ball and going forwards.

Winger: Bags of pace, tricky, most of all; consistent decison making. Not my biggest concern.

This is the one that needed so much to be done this summer, or else we will continue to struggle to control games again.

We have one of the most leakiest defense as clearly shown last season and we have just lost Vidic and Ferdinand...
Was not just down to defence! Columbia,Costa Rica,Holland boasted some of the best defensive record/stats at this year WC, were are there WC CBs? Even last season some of the lesser teams had better defensive records than top half, were are there WC CBs?

Organisation is more important. LVG had a defensive line considerably worse than ours, and made it solid.

Arguable, Smalling, Jones and Evans are really much of an improvement over Vlaar, De Vrij and Martins Indi? Hmm.

Back