The Manchester United Thread

I blame FIFA14 and FM for all of these.... People nowadays thinks that you have to sign someone world class every summer (yes, even potentially capable of being WC is not enough) to be challenging for top 4. And to win the title you have to have at least 15 WC players on the field and sitting on the bench. Ugh.

I blame FIFA14 and FM for all of these.... People nowadays thinks that you have to sign someone world class every summer (yes, even potentially capable of being WC is not enough) to be challenging for top 4. And to win the title you have to have at least 15 WC players on the field and sitting on the bench. Ugh.

No I think we're just disappointed how the possibility of the midfield still being a weakness going into another season is disappointing. Midfields control games and it has been so often the case that we can't do it because of this.

Pray we sign someone else good.

Arguable, Smalling, Jones and Evans are really much of an improvement over Vlaar, De Vrij and Martins Indi? Hmm.

Er, yes they ******* well are. Maybe not smalling, but Jones and Evans are.

Er, yes they ******* well are. Maybe not smalling, but Jones and Evans are.

How is Vlaar and De Vrij worse than Evans and Jones? De Vrij looked so composed at this WC for a 22 year old, which is the biggest stage of all, I didn't see a noticable huge weakness in his game either. Very impressive young player, who is better than Jones if you ask me at this moment.

This is the one that needed so much to be done this summer, or else we will continue to struggle to control games again.

Part of that is solved by Herrera, who is strong defensively. Acts as the tackling shield when playing BBM in front of Carrick.

How is Vlaar and De Vrij worse than Evans and Jones? De Vrij looked so composed at this WC for a 22 year old, which is the biggest stage of all, I didn't see a noticable huge weakness in his game either. Very impressive young player, who is better than Jones if you ask me at this moment.

You need to stop using 7 games to talk about a player.

Salif Diao was once sensational at a world cup. That ended well.

Part of that is solved by Herrera, who is strong defensively. Acts as the tackling shield when playing BBM in front of Carrick.
What do you think of Herrera,Clevers and Carrick in a 3? Very well balanced and full of energy.

What do you think of Herrera,Clevers and Carrick in a 3? Very well balanced and full of energy.
I believe Cleverley still have a part to play, but it's up to LVG to give him back his long lost confidence. Playing that 3 in the midfield though would mean that one or two of Mata/RVP/Rooney/Kagawa won't be playing.

Tbh Vlaar has been pretty poor at Villa for a while now, and Indi was good to start with but tailed off big time. De Vrij was very consistent over a 7 game period! Think our 3 are defo better.

You need to stop using 7 games to talk about a player.

Salif Diao was once sensational at a world cup. That ended well.

But I'm just saying, how can you say Jones and Evans are any better than him? Is he something totally different for Feyernoord then?

But I'm just saying, how can you say Jones and Evans are any better than him? Is he something totally different for Feyernoord then?
De Vrij is good for Feyernoord, but there is a difference between playing in EPL for the champions and playing in the dutch league. Just because our defenders had a nightmare season due to lack of confidence/tactics/faith in manager or whatever that was happening doesn't mean they are all suddenly worse than Aston Villa players.

I believe Cleverley still have a part to play, but it's up to LVG to give him back his long lost confidence. Playing that 3 in the midfield though would mean that one or two of Mata/RVP/Rooney/Kagawa won't be playing.
Could see Carrick sat in front of back 4 while Herrera is offering that all action tackling breaking up play while attacking in transition with Clevery help in hussling players with his energy and keeping/recycling possession.

It would do a good job for 80% of our games I reckon. Not sure I would trust Cleverley in europe, but we're not in Europe anyway.

De Vrij is good for Feyernoord, but there is a difference between playing in EPL for the champions and playing in the dutch league. Just because our defenders had a nightmare season due to lack of confidence/tactics/faith in manager or whatever that was happening doesn't mean they are all suddenly worse than Aston Villa players.

Ron Vlaar was really good in this World Cup though, how can we not just say he's been a victim of Villa's bad seasons? They have been all over the place in general.

It would do a good job for 80% of our games I reckon. Not sure I would trust Cleverley in europe, but we're not in Europe anyway.
That's what i was thinking, then have Fellaini,Fletch,Ando,Powell as rotation plus maybe couple promoted players/new singing.

Ron Vlaar was really good in this World Cup though, how can we not just say he's been a victim of Villa's bad seasons? They have been all over the place in general.
Just like us last season then. Vlaar has never been great which ever club he has been at.

Back