The Manchester United Thread

Just like us last season then. Vlaar has never been great which ever club he has been at.

Nor has Jones though, Evans has come into his own the last few seasons.

I just think it's a bit too optimistic thinking Vlaar De Vrij and Bruno Pop Eyes are really much different than Evans, Jones and Smalling.

Just like playing Cleverley with Carrick again, lord in what world should we have to rely on Cleverley again. Rather bring in Clasie than have to see him play balls constantly side-ways. Michael Carrick does enough of that. Admittedly I'm a fan of Carrick but seriously, please no.

We're back to complaining that the world is crashing down I see.

Well, it was a good month or so.

Ron Vlaar was really good in this World Cup though, how can we not just say he's been a victim of Villa's bad seasons? They have been all over the place in general.
He is good, actually he is the best defender for Villa, but there's a reason why he had never been to a top club at the age of 29. Jones and Evans are definitely the better options.

We're back to complaining that the world is crashing down I see.

Well, it was a good month or so.

No Mr. Joel, just trying to be realistic of the situation. LVG is here and I'm really happy we have him but the squad is still not good enough and work has to be done if we have a good shot of making top 3/4.

You still need an out and out ball winner in the middle, Herrera is ok, but its only a part of his game, not the strongest.

You still need an out and out ball winner in the middle, Herrera is ok, but its only a part of his game, not the strongest.

Indeed Cleverley and Carrick are good positionally but are far from that, so it will be slow transition from getting ball back to attacking still, which is a big problem.

If i were United i'd be looking at a BWM and a CB, another CB with the options/kids you have at least gives LVG the 532 option, with Rafael/Valencia and Shaw as the WBs

Like has been said earlier there loads of time yet to bring in players, our season is not doomed if we don't sign Vidal,Hummel,Di Maria etc. Still 47 days left!

Indeed Cleverley and Carrick are good positionally but are far from that, so it will be slow transition from getting ball back to attacking still, which is a big problem.

That's not what causes slow transition. Transition is the passing options, that's Herrera and Carricks job.

If i were United i'd be looking at a BWM and a CB, another CB with the options/kids you have at least gives LVG the 532 option, with Rafael/Valencia and Shaw as the WBs

There is a deal of principle for Vermaelen already.

No Mr. Joel, just trying to be realistic of the situation. LVG is here and I'm really happy we have him but the squad is still not good enough and work has to be done if we have a good shot of making top 3/4.

You're not being realistic. You're whining about losing a player we never had, ignoring transfers we've already made that came suddenly and quickly out of nowhere, and forgetting that LVG only started work TODAY, and we haven't even left for pre-season yet.

That's not what causes slow transition. Transition is the passing options, that's Herrera and Carricks job.

Ok let me re-phrase, we'll still be slow to get the ball back with Cleverley, Carrick and Herrera.

I really don't see the benefit of playing Cleverley and Carrick together though, oh wait we have no other good choice >.>

Oh ffs, why the **** are the bells of doom already being rung? The **** window is not yet over, and there is still a month remaining :\ I'm pretty sure we'll make atleast a couple more transfer - I dunno if they'll be Hummels, Vidal and di Maria or someone else entirely. But I'm still reasonably confident we'll make them. Too much **** negativity already on this thread :\

If LvG does indeed want to play a 3 man midfield, and if he's unable to get Vidal, then he may opt for a ball winner (de Jong? since Carvalho is unlikely). Play a ball winner, Carrick as DLP spraying passes while Herrera roams as BTB..

You're not being realistic. You're whining about losing a player we never had, ignoring transfers we've already made that came suddenly and quickly out of nowhere, and forgetting that LVG only started work TODAY, and we haven't even left for pre-season yet.

Shaw and Herrera were not totally out of nowhere though, especially Shaw. We've made 2 decent signings but in general still very unbalanced squad.

I'm not whining, I just don't see the big reel of optimism thinking 1 man can make us something much better, even if he is the reanimated version of SAF (who can get the best out of average) it's going to take him time if he is limited in the system he can work with due to players we have/don't have at the moment.

Oh ffs, why the **** are the bells of doom already being rung? The **** window is not yet over, and there is still a month remaining :\ I'm pretty sure we'll make atleast a couple more transfer - I dunno if they'll be Hummels, Vidal and di Maria or someone else entirely. But I'm still reasonably confident we'll make them. Too much **** negativity already on this thread :\

If LvG does indeed want to play a 3 man midfield, and if he's unable to get Vidal, then he may opt for a ball winner (de Jong? since Carvalho is unlikely). Play a ball winner, Carrick as DLP spraying passes while Herrera roams as BTB..

It's only from one person, quelle surprise.

Shaw and Herrera were not totally out of nowhere though, especially Shaw. We've made 2 decent signings but in general still very unbalanced squad.

I'm not whining, I just don't see the big reel of optimism thinking 1 man can make us something much better, even if he is the reanimated version of SAF (who can get the best out of average) it's going to take him time if he is limited in the system he can work with due to players we have/don't have at the moment.

He drew a totally new plan in 3 games for Holland. I think he can do alright in pre season.

He drew a totally new plan in 3 games for Holland. I think he can do alright in pre season.

Not questioning LVG at all, just saying, the players he needs. Even if we had De Jong or Blind it would put a whole new complexion on possibilities.

Back