The Manchester United Thread

Also a lot of blame should be put on players for vastly underperforming below there levels last season, and being in cruise mode after Fergie rign ended. Forget all this bollocks about world class players. LVG will come in with a list of players he wants who will perform to the system he wants to play. Players who don't perform under LVG will get the boot or left out the squad simple! Moyes was not big enough man to dare do this!

Anyone know whether LVG usually buys big players or usually more younger ones? Or a bit of both? Who has he bought in the past at previous clubs? Any noticable names? (More recently if possible).

Anyone know whether LVG usually buys big players or usually more younger ones? Or a bit of both? Who has he bought in the past at previous clubs? Any noticable names? (More recently if possible).
In the past has nearly always brought through from the academy!

Wonder if anyone has balls to ask him about transfers tomorrow in press conference.
LOL im sure the press lady will say not to, but hope a cheeky reporter does :) Cant wait tbh, but cant see him revealing to much. Will be one of our weapons this season no one will have a clue how were going to set up.

Well the Vidal story is yet again... all over Italy and Chile. I thought Thiago was bad... this is something else.

Well the Vidal story is yet again... all over Italy and Chile. I thought Thiago was bad... this is something else.
Will rumble on for days if not weeks, with him being on hol and all stuff happening at Juve. Oh and they lost out on Iturbe to Roma due to lack of funds.

This is how LVG will attend the press conference today.

lvgk9rml.gif

I'm not that concerned about Vidal at present, but we should try to move heaven and earth for Hummels atm. He's easily the best CB at present, and is in his prime, plus a leader. Definitely someone whom Jones can learn and benefit from. Dortmund may not want to sell, but simply throw some good cash at them to tempt them.. There are strong rumours that Dortmund are close to finishing off Ginter's acquisition, if so, go crazy with attempt to sign Hummels.

We can go without signing a winger, by playing a slightly narrow formation with our #10s drifting wider, we can go without Vidal atm, by getting a cheap ball winner, and playing him alongside Herrera (and Carrick/Cleverley in a 3-man central midfield), until Strootman is fit in January;; but we absolutely need a proper defender at the back. Probably our most vital necessity. Someone do some magic and get us Hummels, pretty please..

I'm not that concerned about Vidal at present, but we should try to move heaven and earth for Hummels atm. He's easily the best CB at present, and is in his prime, plus a leader. Definitely someone whom Jones can learn and benefit from. Dortmund may not want to sell, but simply throw some good cash at them to tempt them.. There are strong rumours that Dortmund are close to finishing off Ginter's acquisition, if so, go crazy with attempt to sign Hummels.

We can go without signing a winger, by playing a slightly narrow formation with our #10s drifting wider, we can go without Vidal atm, by getting a cheap ball winner, and playing him alongside Herrera (and Carrick/Cleverley in a 3-man central midfield), until Strootman is fit in January;; but we absolutely need a proper defender at the back. Probably our most vital necessity. Someone do some magic and get us Hummels, pretty please..

He won't be back till December at the very earliest but why would we buy Strootman 1 month after him coming back from a serious injury? You have to at least give it till next summer. That's why we so badly need that CM now, Vidal would be perfect, I don't see the logic in just waiting another year to get him and then perhaps having the same situation as we're in now.

United are obviously hesitant due to Vidal's knee injury, I honestly can't think of any other reason.

He won't be back till December at the very earliest but why would we buy Strootman 1 month after him coming back from a serious injury? You have to at least give it till next summer. That's why we so badly need that CM now, Vidal would be perfect, I don't see the logic in just waiting another year to get him and then perhaps having the same situation as we're in now.

United are obviously hesitant due to Vidal's knee injury, I honestly can't think of any other reason.

December was an estimate, he's already back in (albeit very) light training. Besides, that wasn't my point, it was that the main thing we need to do is get a(the) proper, classy leader CB.

December was an estimate, he's already back in (albeit very) light training. Besides, that wasn't my point, it was that the main thing we need to do is get a(the) proper, classy leader CB.

Definitely need a class CB with experienced (most likely seems Vermealen sadly...).

But equally as important and has been for many seasons now is getting a dynamic enforcer/ball-winning midfielder. Really though it would be addressed but there always seems to be some excuse.

When Real Madrid or Barca want these players, they get their man with no slouching. Disappointed we don't appear to be able to do this.

The amount of players we've missed out on we only have ourselves to blame for this situation Strootman, Vidal (when they were at previous clubs obviously), Javi Martinez, Luiz Gustavo, Matic. List goes on and on and on.

Varane keen on Manchester United move as club start talks with agent

Le10 Sport love a transfer rumour and their issue this week is full of them. One of the ones given most attention is what they claim to be very serious Manchester United interest in Raphael Varane. Chelsea have been linked with the player recently too, his development could stall if he doesn't push past Pepe and Sergio Ramos for Real Madrid and Carlo Ancelotti is said to be happy with the pair holding the positions currently.

The French football magazine state that Manchester United are so keen they've contacted the entourage of Varane to ask about a transfer. Louis van Gaal's club have 'clearly signified' their interest in signing the player this summer and wanted to know what the Varane camp felt about the situation. There's little point in continuing with interest in a player if he has no intention of joining.

It's claimed that, rather than being told where to go, Manchester United heard the answers they wanted and that has encouraged them more along the Varane route. The player may not be against a deal but his current club surely would be.

Unless Manchester United were prepared to put forward a big offer, around €30m, then there's little incentive for Madrid to sell the excellent young defender. With €30m from Manchester United, the Spanish club could go and pay the release clause of Real Sociedad's Inigo Martinez who has been linked heavily with Real Madrid and also has the distinct advantage of being Spanish.

Back