The Manchester United Thread

Can't see it, but I would love Varane, already is a CL winner and a class act.

Definitely need a class CB with experienced (most likely seems Vermealen sadly...).

But equally as important and has been for many seasons now is getting a dynamic enforcer/ball-winning midfielder. Really though it would be addressed but there always seems to be some excuse.

When Real Madrid or Barca want these players, they get their man with no slouching. Disappointed we don't appear to be able to do this.

The amount of players we've missed out on we only have ourselves to blame for this situation Strootman, Vidal (when they were at previous clubs obviously), Javi Martinez, Luiz Gustavo, Matic. List goes on and on and on.

Fergie got around not having a new, lesser Hargreaves/Keane in his squad by using his magic to do anything with anyone. Moyes suffered because he couldn't do the same, and didn't use the opportunity to strengthen. LvG, I dunno yet. But one thing's for sure, there'll definitely be some transfers happening. And lol, I dunno Vermaelen, how good he'll be after essentially a season on the bench.

I'm guessing the reason we've not gotten de Vrij is waiting for LvG to ***** Smalling and Jones. Should de Vrij move here, then the development of either Smalling or Jones will be affected./ I doubt we'll move for Carvalho, I dunno, maybe get de Jong if Vidal doesn't work out?

An interesting article, btw - OPINION: We Don’t Buy Stars, We Make Them

Already rejected us once for Madrid, doubt he'll be in any hurry to join us now. Not to mention, there should be no way Madrid will consider selling him, especially after what happened at the WC with Pepe. Not like it was an isolated incident in his career. Varane is the natural successor to CB spot at Madrid.

I really like Varane a lot he's got bags of potential and yes you right in saying he is a class act but I don't know why but I think Hummels is currently better when he wasn't injured he was at the heart of defence for Germany a monster in the air and I think United could do with a leader figure like him.

I really like Varane a lot he's got bags of potential and yes you right in saying he is a class act but I don't know why but I think Hummels is currently better when he wasn't injured he was at the heart of defence for Germany a monster in the air and I think United could do with a leader figure like him.

Definitely, but Hummels is a hard one to pull off, however they have just signed Ginter. Ginter and Subotic would not be bad at all, a high offer could tempt them.

Because he is? Varane is still a wonderkid, he is pretty good, and has potential to be WC. Hummels is already WC.

Definitely, but Hummels is a hard one to pull off, however they have just signed Ginter. Ginter and Subotic would not be bad at all, a high offer could tempt them.

Don't forget Sokratis he was very influential in Dortmund's defence last year lol but yeahh let's hope the little boy inside Hummels tells him to join United the way the little boy inside RVP told him to join us two years ago lol. I reckon it will be a little bit easier to sign Hummels now though as Barcelona were the main stumbling block but they are after some Jeremy Matheiu from Valencia.

Don't forget Sokratis he was very influential in Dortmund's defence last year lol but yeahh let's hope the little boy inside Hummels tells him to join United the way the little boy inside RVP told him to join us two years ago lol. I reckon it will be a little bit easier to sign Hummels now though as Barcelona were the main stumbling block but they are after some Jeremy Matheiu from Valencia.

Tbf, Barca weren't the main stumbling block, they were just a potential big hurdle. The main stumbling block always has been Dortmund, who won't want to sell Hummels. I suppose they're literally sick of losing their stars, and won't sell if they have a choice. (Didn't have a choice in Lewandowski or Gotze transfers).

Tbf, Barca weren't the main stumbling block, they were just a potential big hurdle. The main stumbling block always has been Dortmund, who won't want to sell Hummels. I suppose they're literally sick of losing their stars, and won't sell if they have a choice. (Didn't have a choice in Lewandowski or Gotze transfers).

Yeahh I see what you mean after losing two of your big names you don't want a mass exodus of all the big names leaving your club. But we will just have to wait and see and hope for the best lol

Honestly so weird seeing Louie in the track suit, out training with the lads.

Has anyone got a screenshot or an alternative link for The Sun's article on LVG's "Ten Commandments" Their ****** bullshit website is making me sign up for some petty Sun+ which costs money just to read it. Pathetic.

LVG looks and sounds ****** throughout the whole video lool but nonetheless this guy is an awesome manager can't believe he was linked with the Tottenham job!

Why can't you believe he was linked with Tottenham. They are a top five club. He was manager of AZ in Holland and they are hardly on the scale of world class teams.

Anyone watch the video o n MUTV of LVG taking training, its only short clip but could see how much the players were looking bit nervous as he was walking out to them. Also noticed quite a few Reserve players involved with 1st team training, Vermijl,Keanes,Janko,Lawrene,Petrucci,Lingard,Pereira were the ones I could see. Not long till 3 :)

Back