The Manchester United Thread

ManUtd tour squad.
Goalkeepers: De Gea, Lindegaard, Amos, Johnstone,
Wingbacks: Rafael, Shaw ,Blackett, James,
Centre-Backs: Keane Evans, Smalling, Jones,
CMs: Herrera, Cleverley, Fletcher,
Wingers: Young, Zaha, Valencia, Nani, Lingard,
10s/Strikers: Kagawa, Mata, Welbeck, Rooney, Keane

Players who took part in WC and played beyond group stages are given extended break.

Its bye bye Anderson :(

Definite CM coming in then... good news. Anderson is tosh.. in what way is that bad news? Tried and tested so many times.

It's a bit like "we're not a sackling club" rubbish, if it's ****** David Moyes we are!

Definite CM coming in then... good news. Anderson is tosh.. in what way is that bad news? Tried and tested so many times.

It's a bit like "we're not a sackling club" rubbish, if it's ****** David Moyes we are!

It's not bad news for everyone but for me it is. Had high hopes for him and showed more than Cleverley. Just that he was lazy *******.

It's not bad news for everyone but for me it is. Had high hopes for him and showed more than Cleverley. Just that he was lazy *******.

Rather have Cleverley any day of the week tbh... Anderson is useless and has no application to the game whatsoever.

No Nick Powell upsets me. Rumours that LVG is willing to offload him. Would be a mistake IMO.

Happy that Lingard and Zaha are getting a shot though, although the fact Ashley Young is there is saddening. Just 3 natural CM's in squad too.

Januzaj, Fellaini and Hernandez will join the squad later in the tour.

Mate was telling me at work he read on a UTD Forum that a lot of the better players not going on tour from Reserves are due to them being close to loan deals. Powell,Pearson,Pereria,Rothwell,Wilson ETC.

Mate was telling me at work he read on a UTD Forum that a lot of the better players not going on tour from Reserves are due to them being close to loan deals. Powell,Pearson,Pereria,Rothwell,Wilson ETC.

That would make sense, but I thought LVG liked to promote a few to senior team? They are our best ones lol.

That would make sense, but I thought LVG liked to promote a few to senior team? They are our best ones lol.
Suppose it depends also on what Giggs has told/advised him about players also **** who knows them better than anyone. Also sais in his interview that 1st team was main project this year. Which makes sense.

Suppose it depends also on what Giggs has told/advised him about players also **** who knows them better than anyone. Also sais in his interview that 1st team was main project this year. Which makes sense.

Nononono it's Nicky Buck not ****.

He said this year it's not possible. Not word by word but to that extent.
Exactly mate. Im sure he might throw the odd one a cup game, but in the league will be working close with 1st team so they can adapt to his training/philosophy. He knows how important this 1st season is implementing all his ideas.

That's why not being in Europe is probably a good thing. LVG typically had problems in his first season. With 2-3 games a week there's really not much time left for applying your philosophy, its probably mostly match preparation and regeneration/fitness work. But with 7 days between each game? You can make as many tactical drills and shape drills as you want.

When we bought him apparently our scout reports were to the effect that he was potentially better than Rooney!!!!!!

Actually may be part of the reason he hasnt developed any: he was then primarily an attacking midfielder/someone playing in the hole behind the striker and we never played him there ...

Yeahh we normally used him in a Central Midfield role where he hardly was effective :L ahh well sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't I guess.

Louis Rowley has signed for Leicester on a 1 yr contract. Should do well there very versatile and had good season in Reserves last season.

Back