The Manchester United Thread

Yeahh we normally used him in a Central Midfield role where he hardly was effective :L ahh well sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't I guess.

We have a bit of a tradition in buying a player who plays in a certain position and playing him in another: theres loads but Veron and McLair come to mind.

We have a bit of a tradition in buying a player who plays in a certain position and playing him in another: theres loads but Veron and McLair come to mind.

Mata as well lol bought for 37.1 million pound to be played on the left :L

Reports saying De Vrij close to Lazio, Rodriguez to Madrid 70m euros and Juventus cloe to sign Udinese starlet Roberto Pereya on loan with option to buy 12m euros.

Really hope Smalling gets a run of games at CB, he deserves it after seasons of being played out of position. I think he's quality CB if we don't waste him before it's too late, better than Jones atm.

Really hope Smalling gets a run of games at CB, he deserves it after seasons of being played out of position. I think he's quality CB if we don't waste him before it's too late, better than Jones atm.
Agree mate. People judge him mostly on his RB performances, I rate him as a CB very athletic good at reading the game and a beat in the air. Big season for him and Jones.

Agree mate. People judge him mostly on his RB performances, I rate him as a CB very athletic good at reading the game and a beat in the air. Big season for him and Jones.

Very good CB, was class at Fulham when cemented in the team and has shown glimpses when been at CB for United, but never got a good run of games.

If someone said to me keep Smalling or swap him for Vermealen, I'd keep Smalling any day, as long we play him as CB or we're going to waste him. Smalling will be better than Vermealen, don't rate the guy at all.

Big season for Rafael, it's funny... United fans suddenly don't rate him because of how he was in Moyes season.

But everyone forgets how much of a ****** beast he was season before that in Fergie's 20th title winning season. At that point he was best RB in league and I still think he is, last season was interrupted with constant injuries and generally poor season by everyone.

After Zabaleta.. forgot him, but he was better than Zabaleta in that season I mentioned anyway.

Big season for Rafael, it's funny... United fans suddenly don't rate him because of how he was in Moyes season.

But everyone forgets how much of a ****** beast he was season before that in Fergie's 20th title winning season. At that point he was best RB in league and I still think he is, last season was interrupted with constant injuries and generally poor season by everyone.

After Zabaleta.. forgot him, but he was better than Zabaleta in that season I mentioned anyway.
Rafa is defo quality. Him and Shaw will be scary playing WB/FB.

De Gea

Rafa,Smalling,Jones,Shaw

Herrera,Carrick,Rooney

Januzaj,RVP,Mata :)

Rooney at the tip of the 3 triangle could be interesting if he wanted to do a 4-3-3. Problem is I think he usually prefers the DM triangle. Rather than the AM one. If his youtube presentation is anything to go by.

Rooney at the tip of the 3 triangle could be interesting if he wanted to do a 4-3-3. Problem is I think he usually prefers the DM triangle. Rather than the AM one. If his youtube presentation is anything to go by.
Could work the other way still.

Could work the other way still.

Yeh but puts more emphasis on Rooney's defensive duties, which tbh isn't a bad thing, but Rooney deserves more freedom I think.

Problem is I really struggle to get a balance with this squad even on Football Manager, I can never decide quite how to play, Mata Kagawa, Januzaj, Rooney... really boggles the mind, all great players but it's like suddenly a team of no.10's.

It's just a shame Fellaini doesn't execute the deeper lying CM Ball-winning role like he does on FM in real life.

Yeh but puts more emphasis on Rooney's defensive duties, which tbh isn't a bad thing, but Rooney deserves more freedom I think.

Problem is I really struggle to get a balance with this squad even on Football Manager, I can never decide quite how to play, Mata Kagawa, Januzaj, Rooney... really boggles the mind, all great players but it's like suddenly a team of no.10's.

It's just a shame Fellaini doesn't execute the deeper lying CM Ball-winning role like he does on FM in real life.
Good thing about nearly all them players they are good enough to play different roles in different formations. Maybe did not show under Moyes so much coz he had a plan A and that was it. If you look under Fergie Kagawa actually played well out wide especially towards the end of the season and plays there for his country. Just needs the confidence of the manager.

Good thing about nearly all them players they are good enough to play different roles in different formations. Maybe did not show under Moyes so much coz he had a plan A and that was it. If you look under Fergie Kagawa actually played well out wide especially towards the end of the season and plays there for his country. Just needs the confidence of the manager.

Did Moyes even have a plan A? I still wonder this to myself now.

Back