The Manchester United Thread

Didn't Goss play in second half of the season?

I don't think so. IIRC Rothwell and Pearson were the mainstays and I don't think Goss started a single game for U21s. Maybe I'm wrong as I don't remember exactly but I would be surprised if he made 5 starts for U21s in the league.

He played many games in the U19 champions league though.

Goss played 1 game as sub last season and never started any, goss is a good talent though. Also rumblings from press in States saying that Fletcher will captain tour games especially 1st game. Loving the vids of training, LVG defo got them doing the right things and defo not scared to lay into them, but praise them at the same time.

I don't think so. IIRC Rothwell and Pearson were the mainstays and I don't think Goss started a single game for U21s. Maybe I'm wrong as I don't remember exactly but I would be surprised if he made 5 starts for U21s in the league.

He played many games in the U19 champions league though.
Hmm, for some reason Goss was on my mind. My bad.

Seems to me that club's promotional machine has rallied behind Van Gaal a lot better then it was with Moyes. I guess they also needed time to adapt to having to deal with manager swap after Fergie's reign.

Seems to me that club's promotional machine has rallied behind Van Gaal a lot better then it was with Moyes. I guess they also needed time to adapt to having to deal with manager swap after Fergie's reign.

I disagree. Moyes was promoted and backed by club and fans when he was appointed. I dont think any manager even got a banner before taking charge of their first game at Old Trafford too.

I disagree. Moyes was promoted and backed by club and fans when he was appointed. I dont think any manager even got a banner before taking charge of their first game at Old Trafford too.

They certainly tried, but ultimately failed to create any buzz. And the banner became a Twitter mockery the moment it was hanged.

LVG though? All I see is positive coverage, which is actually quite amazing considering how controversial and divisive figure he can be. I guess his World Cup endeavors helped a lot too.

They certainly tried, but ultimately failed to create any buzz. And the banner became a Twitter mockery the moment it was hanged.

LVG though? All I see is positive coverage, which is actually quite amazing considering how controversial and divisive figure he can be. I guess his World Cup endeavors helped a lot too.

Yeah they failed to create the buzz and we all know the reasons ;)

Also last season transfer window was very average for ManUtd and Rooney wanting out killed off anything remotely positive happening.

I think this time club are not even trying too hard, it's natural for all ManUtd fans to get excited about what Van Gaal offers to the team going by his track record, same for players who are very happy to spend most of the training with the ball.

Also last season most of the backroom staff left so there was some panic, this time when you read about the coaches Van Gaal hired it creates positive atmosphere. Also many wanted to see change in style of play which we might be seeing under Van Gaal who is not afraid to drop big name players.

Or maybe one simple reason, after the season we had, we are pleased very easily.

Yeah they failed to create the buzz and we all know the reasons ;)

Also last season transfer window was very average for ManUtd and Rooney wanting out killed off anything remotely positive happening.

I think this time club are not even trying too hard, it's natural for all ManUtd fans to get excited about what Van Gaal offers to the team going by his track record, same for players who are very happy to spend most of the training with the ball.

Also last season most of the backroom staff left so there was some panic, this time when you read about the coaches Van Gaal hired it creates positive atmosphere. Also many wanted to see change in style of play which we might be seeing under Van Gaal who is not afraid to drop big name players.

Or maybe one simple reason, after the season we had, we are pleased very easily.

You're missing a key factor. LVG is actually very charismatic. Moyes wasn't.

Oh yes, I used to be quite demanding about our performances every game and were always on muppet mode when it's the transfer window, but last season had certainly toned me down by quite a bit. I have no idea why but even if we ended this transfer window without anymore signings I wouldn't be having a mental breakdown at all.

Oh yes, I used to be quite demanding about our performances every game and were always on muppet mode when it's the transfer window, but last season had certainly toned me down by quite a bit. I have no idea why but even if we ended this transfer window without anymore signings I wouldn't be having a mental breakdown at all.
you might not but i can think of some 1that might not naming names but i think you know who i mean

If we ended this window with no more signings then we're clearly lacking ambition for next season, this summer was built up as something "big with a warchest of 150-200m to spend".

Reports saying we gonna go 352 tonight. De Gea,Evans,Smalling,Jones,Valencia,Shaw,Fletcher,Herrera,Mata,Welbeck,,Rooney

How true is this of Valencia? So glad we have LVG as manager, someone who will fix peoples problems, I've noticed this for ages, Valencia always has his head down and jsut tries to blast the ball at goal with no real accuracy/thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V8VnP1nHXw
Has always been like that tbh even at wigan. LVG will hopefully sort out some of the players flaws, if not and they can not adapt they will be gone.

Has always been like that tbh even at wigan. LVG will hopefully sort out some of the players flaws, if not and they can not adapt they will be gone.

I've also noticed Valencia hasn't been as aggressive like he was when he first came, now he always seems to look to pass it rather than beat his man, he should try and beat his man more. Whole point of a winger like him.

Apparently Kevin Strootman is somehow back in full training already.. wtf :O

I've also noticed Valencia hasn't been as aggressive like he was when he first came, now he always seems to look to pass it rather than beat his man, he should try and beat his man more. Whole point of a winger like him.
Agree will have to see what type of season he has with new manager and new contract, should be full of confidence. Also Strootman back in training.

Back