The Manchester United Thread

Word talk.
That argument is a complete paradox, as hyperbole is commonly defined as: "exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally." The only way you can justify it in any way is with a verbose stream of semiotics and linguistic relativity, but even then it only works in a theoretical context. There's also little reason to, apart from to be contrary, as justifying it would rather imply that there is some merit to that kind of usage. That's a hard case to make: it's a decidedly inelegant method of expression, a bit like double negatives. I'd be happy to discuss it further in PMs if you want.

On topic.
With Hererra being so dynamic, what do guys think you will do in terms of a holder? Is a Kagawa + Hererra partnership strong enough defensively?

He wants one more CM, who will no doubt be strong defensively. Fletcher has looked sharp so far actually

He wants one more CM, who will no doubt be strong defensively. Fletcher has looked sharp so far actually

If it's not De Jong or Blind I will be utterly shocked. The Vidal stories are just floating along with no real credibility.

Will defo know for sure about Vidal this week I reckon, what times the presser later? I would be happy with De Jong. Also been very pleased with Fletcher aswell pre season, looks loads fitter than last season and full of energy.

If it's not De Jong or Blind I will be utterly shocked. The Vidal stories are just floating along with no real credibility.

I stopped caring about Vidal before the world cup even ended. I told you, it's all smoke and mirrors. he will arrive, or he wont.

I stopped caring about Vidal before the world cup even ended. I told you, it's all smoke and mirrors. he will arrive, or he wont.

Don't think he's even a priority tbh, Herrera is really dynamic and box to box type player. We just need a CM who can break up play and be quite disciplined. Anything more is a bonus.

Should here some news on Vermalen shortly I think after Arsenal have now announced Callum Chambers from Southampton.

Word talk.

Elegance is a completely different argument from the one you made through Oatmeal copypasta. Grammatically its perfectly valid form of expression - it may not win you Nobel Prize, but hey. Can't comment on the rest of your post because I don't know any of the words.

Also Adnan and Fellaini reported back today for training, few rumours going round about Fellaini going out on loan to Napoli.

Don't think he's even a priority tbh, Herrera is really dynamic and box to box type player. We just need a CM who can break up play and be quite disciplined. Anything more is a bonus.

Indeed. What would interest him is just how strong Vidal is defensively. He was a proper DM originally. It's the attacking side of his game that is relatively new. He also maintains a stron interest in Strootman. I can see that happening next summer tbh.

Should here some news on Vermalen shortly I think after Arsenal have now announced Callum Chambers from Southampton.

Lord save us from the most uninspired CB signing ever, it really is a shame if the best we can do is an out of form, injury-prone Vermealen.

Elegance is a completely different argument from the one you made through Oatmeal copypasta. Grammatically its perfectly valid form of expression - it may not win you Nobel Prize, but hey. Can't comment on the rest of your post because I don't know any of the words.

No it's not. My point is that it's both stylistically inelegant and grammatically incorrect. Again, if you want debate semantics, PMs would be better.

Lord save us from the most uninspired CB signing ever, it really is a shame if the best we can do is an out of form, injury-prone Vermealen.
Not the most impressive, but can see why. Also LVG must see something and how he can fit. Good enough for me.

No it's not. My point is that it's both stylistically inelegant and grammatically incorrect. Again, if you want debate semantics, PMs would be better.

I'd love to , but have to pass - I self-taught english from games and BBC radio broadcasts, you know.

Also, stop hating on double-negatives. They're awesome to confuse people on the internet.

I think his qualities would fit in pretty decently with what LVG wants to implement. Not the best signing though but let's see, hasn't even been confirmed yet

I think his qualities would fit in pretty decently with what LVG wants to implement. Not the best signing though but let's see, hasn't even been confirmed yet
Agree would complement the younsters perfect. I read somewhere he has been injured a lot last season due to Wenger keep trying to rush him back, same with Wilshere. 10m ish cant complain.

Still think Miranda should be our first choice CB target. Not sure about De Vrij as i think smalling and jones can still come really good.

Shame we weren't in for chambers, the lad is class and will be far better than rafael within 18 months.

Still think Miranda should be our first choice CB target. Not sure about De Vrij as i think smalling and jones can still come really good.

Shame we weren't in for chambers, the lad is class and will be far better than rafael within 18 months.
We don't need chambers as we have enough young CBs and he aint a WB either plus he is not that quick, we have Rafa,Valencia,Vareala,Janko,Verjmil who can all play WB.

Back