The Manchester United Thread

Last year we complained the club did business publicly.

This year they are silent, now people complain they dont hear anything FFS

I understand that, I'm happy that LVG is taking his time over making signings, I jusr meant the way the media jumps on a story that originally came from some bloke on twitter then all of a sudden a media **** storm (for lack of a better word) appears. i don't care if it takes weeks for a club to sign a player, it is tedious when the media reports it over and over and over and over again.
Yes mate they only doing that coz they have no clue what so ever :)

We also have reasons to succeed, should probably look at both sides of the story

The team is good enough to finish 3rd or 4th right now, probably 4th. Have you actually been watching the pre season games, or just taking snippets of quotes, because we're in fundamentally better shape than last season.

Which major issues?

Ball controlling CM - sorted

Quality left back -sorted

they are the two most pressing issues.

It's not even a case of allowing. Transfers don't work by snapping fingers, and Van Gaal is not a man to be rushed into a transfer if he doesnt want it.

We have a month, i'd rather we use the whole month as opposed to two weeks because some fans are prone to panic.

He wants 3 players, he has a month, he will do it to his philosophy, and his alone.

I'm not doubting LVG, let me just point this out to start.

The major issues is the defence... CB is needed urgently. Blackett and Keane are our only back up for a 3 CB formation containing 2 quite injury persistent players Smalling and Jones, Evans can be argued.

Second major issue.... a CM who can break up play. If we don't address this another CM of any kind would be welcomed, I mean at the moment our cover for the first few months of the season while Carrick is out is going to be... Cleverley, Anderson & Fellaini to partner Herrera.

My third major issue would of been another Wing Back on the left side particularly... but we may... and it is just.... have Reece James/Ashley Young, not ideal by any means.

Last year we complained the club did business publicly.

This year they are silent, now people complain they dont hear anything FFS

Complaining that the business looks like not being done by the start of the season... not what you say is true.

I understand that, I'm happy that LVG is taking his time over making signings, I jusr meant the way the media jumps on a story that originally came from some bloke on twitter then all of a sudden a media **** storm (for lack of a better word) appears. i don't care if it takes weeks for a club to sign a player, it is tedious when the media reports it over and over and over and over again.

They have nothing to report, they have to find something from somewhere, why do you think the papers focus on LVG's interviews and Shaw's fitness? Because they cant hear anything else right now.

I'm not doubting LVG, let me just point this out to start.

The major issues is the defence... CB is needed urgently. Blackett and Keane are our only back up for a 3 CB formation containing 2 quite injury persistent players Smalling and Jones, Evans can be argued.

Second major issue.... a CM who can break up play. If we don't address this another CM alone would be welcomed, I mean at the moment our cover for the first few months of the season while Carrick is out is going to be... Cleverley, Anderson & Fellaini to partner Herrera.

My third major issue would of been another Wing Back on the left side particularly... but we may... and it is just.... have Reece James/Ashley Young, not ideal by any means.

You've missed out Fletcher, who is actually playing really well and is ahead of those 3 in the pecking order.

Complaining that the business looks like not being done by the start of the season... not what you say is true.

Who cares if its done by the start of the season or not? As long as we can get as much done as possible. They arent going to make pre season anyway. More important to get the whole squad on point, and then slip in the new players.

Who cares if its done by the start of the season or not? As long as we can get as much done as possible. They arent going to make pre season anyway. More important to get the whole squad on point, and then slip in the new players.

Are you really confident with that CB and CM options? Kind of boggled, or maybe you just think LVG is a miracle worker (which he may be).

I think LVG really rates and trusts Blackett,Keane,James to make the step and has said they are excellent youngsters.

Are you really confident with that CB and CM options? Kind of boggled, or maybe you just think LVG is a miracle worker (which he may be).

Pretty happy with how everyone has performed, especially the young players. But then I've watched all the pre season and some of the open training

I'd still get De Jong.. badly need a CM like him. If no one better available now.

Milan not in best financial state and if LVG wants him, it would be a matter of when not if.

He'd be one of the last they sell though. Fans player of season last season and not on overly big salary so "easy" to keep. Dunno how much he thinks of City so will it prove a problem to go to city rivals, doubt it. Would need to overpay to get him so Milan could justify selling him I think.

He'd be one of the last they sell though. Fans player of season last season and not on overly big salary so "easy" to keep. Dunno how much he thinks of City so will it prove a problem to go to city rivals, doubt it. Would need to overpay to get him so Milan could justify selling him I think.

The only other midfielder even remotely like him even slightly available is Carvalho and he's going to cost 30m?

I'd say anything under 15m wouldn't be too shabby. United need a defensive midfielder badly.

The only other midfielder even remotely like him even slightly available is Carvalho and he's going to cost 30m?

I'd say anything under 15m wouldn't be too shabby. United need a defensive midfielder badly.

Carvalho is available for less. 20-24m probably as long it's straight cash up front. De Jong probably would be in similar range as Milan couldn't really replace him.

Carvalho is available for less. 20-24m probably as long it's straight cash up front. De Jong probably would be in similar range as Milan couldn't really replace him.

I've wanted Carvalho from the start when United were mostly linked with him, but everyone was obsessed with the fairytale of Vidal.

Back