The Manchester United Thread

The only other midfielder even remotely like him even slightly available is Carvalho and he's going to cost 30m?

I'd say anything under 15m wouldn't be too shabby. United need a defensive midfielder badly.

I've wanted Carvalho from the start when United were mostly linked with him, but everyone was obsessed with the fairytale of Vidal.

Carvalho is still 30m. And I'd rather buy Danny Blind. No one was obsessed, but Vidal quite clearly the better of two unlikely options. You've spoken more about Vidal than anyone else.

Pogba is realistic if we pay 60m, doesnt mean we should.

Carvalho is still 30m. And I'd rather buy Danny Blind. No one was obsessed, but Vidal quite clearly the better of two unlikely options. You've spoken more about Vidal than anyone else.

You make it sound like we can just stroll through next season with Fletcher and Herrera and Carrick.... please don't mention Fellaini or Anderson, two players who shouldn't even go near a United shirt again. Nor should Cleverley really, but in fairness he's played fairly well thus far.

You make it sound like we can just stroll through next season with Fletcher and Herrera and Carrick.... please don't mention Fellaini or Anderson, two players who shouldn't even go near a United shirt again. Nor should Cleverley really, but in fairness he's played fairly well thus far.
Is our midfield any worse than Pools last season? I think not.

Er no I didnt. I said we had enough for 3rd or 4th, probably 4th. I didnt mention Fellaini or Anderson, you did.

We'd have Herrera, Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley, Kagawa, maybe Powell; for two CM spots.

Er no I didnt. I said we had enough for 3rd or 4th, probably 4th. I didnt mention Fellaini or Anderson, you did.

We'd have Herrera, Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley, Kagawa, maybe Powell; for two CM spots.

3rd? Does our midfield really compare with Chelsea, City or Arsenal? Ramsay, Wilshere would glide into our midfield, probably Arteta and Rosicky would as well.

That's the worst midfield of the top 3 teams.

3rd? Does our midfield really compare with Chelsea, City or Arsenal? Ramsay, Wilshere would glide into our midfield, probably Arteta and Rosicky would as well.

3rd or 4th, probably 4th. Did you even read it? Arteta and Rosicky wouldnt get in, and Wilshere wouldnt beat out Herrera, besides one on one match ups isnt how its decided. You only play them twice.

Arsenal had them CMs last season and teams walzed through them like nothing in a lot of games, its about the team and tactics than 1 specific area of the team!

3rd or 4th, probably 4th. Did you even read it? Arteta and Rosicky wouldnt get in, and Wilshere wouldnt beat out Herrera, besides one on one match ups isnt how its decided. You only play them twice.

Rosicky or Arteta aren't better than Fletcher or Cleverley? Am I missing something.

Arsenal had them CMs last season and teams walzed through them like nothing in a lot of games, its about the team and tactics than 1 specific area of the team!

We were unbeaten against them with a poorer mid and even poorer setup. Which is why on paper one on one match ups tell you little

I'm talking about individual players instead of ours, Rosicky is a great player if partnered with the right player. I could make the same point about Herrera and Kagawa, most likely good teams would walk through them, doesn't mean individually one of them wouldn't get into another team.

I'm talking about individual players instead of ours, Rosicky is a great player if partnered with the right player. I could make the same point about Herrera and Kagawa, most likely good teams would walk through them, doesn't mean individually one of them wouldn't get into another team.

So like I said, individual match ups are largely irrelevant. Rosicky wouldnt get in ahead of Herrera, but individual match ups are largely irrelevant.

Its not about individual players, listen to all yes all LVG interviews he says the team is more important than the individual. I think he knows what he is talking about.

Its not about individual players, listen to all yes all LVG interviews he says the team is more important than the individual. I think he knows what he is talking about.

He does but the basis of my point is that our squad is paper thin of quality in midfield and defence. Herrera is good but he's not going to carry a whole midfield, Cleverley hasn't performed for a few seasons at any kind of level, Carrick is injured, Anderson and Fellaini way below par.

That leaves us with Fletcher or Cleverley realistically, Fletcher has not shown any kind of performances last season that he's the same player and in all truth, we can't tell in pre season if that's still the case or not.

Think he's a bit past his peak tbh.

He does but the basis of my point is that our squad is paper thin of quality in midfield and defence. Herrera is good but he's not going to carry a whole midfield, Cleverley hasn't performed for a few seasons at any kind of level, Carrick is injured, Anderson and Fellaini way below par.

That leaves us with Fletcher or Cleverley realistically, Fletcher has not shown any kind of performances last season that he's the same player and in all truth, we can't tell in pre season if that's still the case or not.

It's actually not paper thin for two positions. Fletcher is certainly good enough.

Again; 5 players for 2 positions, is not paper thin. No matter how you want to spin it, there is enough in the side for 3rd or 4th. Because how its used matters more than whats currently in it. anyone watching pre season and training would see a marked difference from last year

Last edited:
Back