The Manchester United Thread

It's actually not paper thin for two positions. Fletcher is certainly good enough.

Again; 5 players for 2 positions, is not paper thin.

you missed the 2 key words after it.. paper thin of quality.

He does but the basis of my point is that our squad is paper thin of quality in midfield and defence. Herrera is good but he's not going to carry a whole midfield, Cleverley hasn't performed for a few seasons at any kind of level, Carrick is injured, Anderson and Fellaini way below par.

That leaves us with Fletcher or Cleverley realistically, Fletcher has not shown any kind of performances last season that he's the same player and in all truth, we can't tell in pre season if that's still the case or not.
But look at it like this teams like Villa,Palace,Stoke you could say the same about there midfields actually worse than ours, but they seem to still beat/take points off the big boys. I just rate teamwork,tactics and a quality manager over a team full of star.

But look at it like this teams like Villa,Palace,Stoke you could say the same about there midfields actually worse than ours, but they seem to still beat/take points off the big boys. I just rate teamwork,tactics and a quality manager over a team full of star.

That is essentially, the essence of LVG. There is absolutely no guarantee his 3 signings will be star players of any kind. They will arrive because they fit his ethos

Woah hold the phone, I'm not suggesting we need stars. I'm just saying Anderson and Fellaini are **** and we need more cover, Daley Blind would be perfect, I thought that of De Vrij as well but we didn't get him.

Daley's so like his Dad I still get them mixed up. Danny was freaking ace.

It's weird but I see some similarities between Daley Blind and Reece James, both don't seem that quick but really intelligent players who can make up for it with their positioning and reading of the game.

Woah hold the phone, I'm not suggesting we need stars. I'm just saying Anderson and Fellaini are **** and we need more cover, Daley Blind would be perfect, I thought that of De Vrij as well but we didn't get him.
Sorry but I do! We don't know how they will or wont perform we have about 7 CMs for 2 places and less matches.

It's weird but I see some similarities between Daley Blind and Reece James, both don't seem that quick but really intelligent players who can make up for it with their positioning and reading of the game.

LVG is an avid fan of James already.

Back