The Manchester United Thread

Is our midfield any worse than Pools last season? I think not.
If we are as lucky as Liverpool last season where 9 of our starting 11 played 30+ games, with injuries only hitting on positions where we are well covered (a few injuries to our CAM or ST position doesn't hurt as much as CM/CB), were eliminated early from all cups and no fans complain about it, then I'm pretty sure we can challenge for the title.

If we are as lucky as Liverpool last season where 9 of our starting 11 played 30+ games, with injuries only hitting on positions where we are well covered (a few injuries to our CAM or ST position doesn't hurt as much as CM/CB), were eliminated early from all cups and no fans complain about it, then I'm pretty sure we can challenge for the title.

Well that's not likely... Carrick already out.... Phil Jones and Chris Smalling pick up loads of injuries. As does RVP, whether he can have another consistent injury-free season only time shall tell.

Really wish I could feel confident, but the secondary/backup players in our squad are not good enough. Top 4 will be challenging enough, you have to remember all our rivals have strengthened more than us in this window and we were meant to be the ones who were having the big summer.

I thought injuries hitting poorly covered positions or that are troublesome were FM bugs SI should fix for unrealism >.>

You cant cover for injuries that is part of the game, you cant have 22 quality players for each position just in case we might have an injury to a player.

Player of the tournament is Jordan Thompson. Only watched bits and pieces today and didn't really notice him. Was he really good in the games before this?
Yes mate was defo between him and Mitchell for player of tournament. Thompson was fairly quite today, they did good job man marking him. Also impressed with the 2 trialists Borg and Obi, think we could be offering them contracts.

Reports saying that LVG has been impressed by Evans attitude and character and is favourite to land the captains armband next season. Would be happy with that!

If he stays fit for the majority of the season, Evans was my choice nobody really stands out but always liked evans and seems like he could be a leader.

I am someone who rates Evans very highly and was always glad that we chose Evans ahead of Pique. Having played with Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra for such a long time, I'm pretty sure he knows what it means to be a leader. If LVG thinks he is good enough to be our captain then I'm all for it.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere showing Madrid game tonight, for some **** bollocks reason my MUTV on sky has stopped working, and all sky can say is try it tomorrow :( any help would be appreciated guys!

Back