The Manchester United Thread

I'm sorry i just find the reasoning for not wanting cuadrado a bit funny, we lack quality regardless of the quantity we have. Or do people just want a CM/CB in first?

I'm sorry i just find the reasoning for not wanting cuadrado a bit funny, we lack quality regardless of the quantity we have. Or do people just want a CM/CB in first?
That's what I was trying to say, they are weakest areas atm. After that anything would be great :)

We cant stop him from going to barca if thats what he wants. But as long as he hasnt chosen ( and we are apparently leading) then we simply have to bid for him. Unless he publicly or privately says he wants to go to barca, there is no excuse really. The only other wide player who shows this kind of tactical flexibility is Di Maria.

That's what I was trying to say, they are weakest areas atm. After that anything would be great :)

LVG wants a CB that's clear but the stuff with cuadrado just seems to be moving quicker. As for the CM nothing seems to be happening :(

That said valencia will start against swansea and i don't see us having a cb in so expect blackett to start when smalling of jones inevitably have a knock.

The Cuadrado stuff is going quicker because there is an actual deadline. Fiorentina will only accept a fee of 40m euros. They want the offer from whoever by the 15th of august. Otherwise he will stay at the club.

The Cuadrado stuff is going quicker because there is an actual deadline. Fiorentina will only accept a fee of 40m euros. They want the offer from whoever by the 15th of august. Otherwise he will stay at the club.
Seen a few quotes today they would accept 25m pounds, at that price would be good. You seen anything about CB r CM other than Benatia or Vidal?

Seen a few quotes today they would accept 25m pounds, at that price would be good. You seen anything about CB r CM other than Benatia or Vidal?
I have seen nothing outside of that. Nothing I trust anyway.

There was something about Rojo, but I havent actually looked at it.

Also I believe the Vidal medical stuff to be bollocks.

Rojo randomly popped up and obviously blind who can play in midfield and might be a decent option until van gaal wants strootman most likely next season but we have to try for vidal surely? he is legit top class.

I have seen nothing outside of that. Nothing I trust anyway.
Same mate, the fact that everyone on UTD in press said that everything is hush hush transfer wise means no one really knows. Still time anyways, gonna be fun! :)

Same mate, the fact that everyone on UTD in press said that everything is hush hush transfer wise means no one really knows. Still time anyways, gonna be fun! :)

Unless woodward wants to look like an idiot again, i'm fairly confident we'll sign two or three.

I'm just waiting for us to finally bid for vidal only for bayern, city, chelsea, PSG or real to decide they want in

Last edited:
Unless woodward wants to look like an idiot again, i'm fairly confident we'll sign two or three.

I'm just waiting for us to finally bid for vidal only for bayern, city, chelsea, PSG or real to decide they want in
Lucky for us those clubs cant afford or defo don't need VidalOn ;) In Woodward I trust.

Anyone heard about the trialist from Benfica and West Ham. Last I heard that we were gonna sign Borg after a great Milk Cup.

When it comes to not needing, Real don't care.
True that mate! But even for them Modric,Khedira,Alonso,Illaramendi,Casemiro,Kroos is to much. Just been doing the rounds Barca still very much in for Cuadrado and Talk ***** saying his Agent just arrived in UK LOL.

Just seen Scholes interview after legends game, was saying Schwenstieger asked for his shirt after game and said he was one of the bset.

This window is becoming rapidly another disappointment. In a season which is must achieve top 4, we simply haven't done enough.

No optimism whatsoever about getting Cuadrado, he's been available for the right price since after the world cup or possibly even before, so can't see why we're anywhere nearer now, just rumour in my opinion. Plus Cadana Ser reported we weren't going to pay the requested amount for him anyway and they are usually quite reliable.

I wont call this window a disappointment even if we don't sign anyone else but I only say that if we don't sell. If we sell Hernandez,Kagawa,Fellaini,Nani,Aneson and don't bring in at least 2 or 3 replacements then it will be. As things stand now we have more than enough to get top 4 atm!

Back