The Manchester United Thread

I wont call this window a disappointment even if we don't sign anyone else but I only say that if we don't sell. If we sell Hernandez,Kagawa,Fellaini,Nani,Aneson and don't bring in at least 2 or 3 replacements then it will be. As things stand now we have more than enough to get top 4 atm!

Attacking options are fine. But a lot of the deadwood remains and our depth of CB and CM and WB quality is still really quite poor, as good as Young has been we have to remember he's not an actual wing-back and can he make them performances when it counts, same goes for Cleverley... Fletcher (mainly due to his health), Smalling and Jones keeping regularly fit and injury free without much depth there.

I'm worried at our options in defence/midfield, few injuries and we're literally going to struggle, big time.

This was touted as the big summer.... well....

Attacking options are fine. But a lot of the deadwood remains and our depth of CB and CM and WB quality is still really quite poor, as good as Young has been we have to remember he's not an actual wing-back and can he make them performances when it counts, same goes for Cleverley... Fletcher (mainly due to his health), Smalling and Jones keeping regularly fit and injury free without much depth there.

I'm worried at our options in defence/midfield, few injuries and we're literally going to struggle, big time.

You cant think about injuries tbh its something that happens. We have shown on tour that we can beat anyone with current squad and we was missing Fellaini,RVP,Januzaj,Rafael,Anderson,Carrick,Powell. It still has been a good summer and theres still time yet for it to get better. You can say what you like about Pre season games not counting but all the teams we played agains featured there top players, and Carlo,Rodgers admitted they were going for the win. Like I said our squad is good enough for top 4.

Don't listen to the media or woodward.

Yep still happily watching :) Don't see how he was talking bollocks though, window not closed yet.

Aye couple of weeks left for woody to put to bed the opinion i have on him when it comes to dealing with players, agents and clubs.

Still think we need a proper director of football.

Aye couple of weeks left for woody to put to bed the opinion i have on him when it comes to dealing with players, agents and clubs.

Still think we need a proper director of football.
Woody will not let you down. Not a fan of DOF tbh.

When asked about Woody being prepared to break transfer record LVG says- "it is the strategy of UTD to do that. At this moment in time, we have 5 No9s and 4 No10s. And we don't have wingers to give us attacking width. " Or should I say, we don't have wingers of the highest level, like a Ronaldo or Di Maria or somebody like that. So, I have to play another way- and you have seen that already. I only buy when I think we need to buy - in the position that is necessary."

Also few reports coming out of Holland that we are in talks for Terence Kongolo you CB left footed from Feyenoord.

LVG on dutch signings - " If there at the level I expect I will sign, nationality is not a problem for me."
LVG on prospecs - " If they want to play, they have to get to level of player there replacing."

When asked about Woody being prepared to break transfer record LVG says- "it is the strategy of UTD to do that. At this moment in time, we have 5 No9s and 4 No10s. And we don't have wingers to give us attacking width. " Or should I say, we don't have wingers of the highest level, like a Ronaldo or Di Maria or somebody like that. So, I have to play another way- and you have seen that already. I only buy when I think we need to buy - in the position that is necessary."

4-5 number 10's how the **** did that happen, should have 1 or 2 max and that's not including januzaj/rooney who can be counted as number 10's.

In a perfect/dream world we'd sign two top wingers and sell kagawa and fellaini and then we'd have a more balanced squad, only reason we ain't playing the classic LVG 4-3-3.

Hernandez might go also.

RVP/Rooney/Welbeck + backup wilson/keane as the number 9's
Mata and Rooney as our no10's
Januzaj, Young, Valencia and new Winger

BALANCE, ****** moyesy.

Last edited:
If LVG really did mention Di Maria.... we have no excuses not to pay the money and get him.... if we don't it proves that Woodward was all talk.

If LVG really did mention Di Maria.... we have no excuses not to pay the money and get him.... if we don't it proves that Woodward was all talk.
All that ive seen suggest quotes are true, interview was done for Sunday press. Will have to see if he comes not top of my list tbh, Vidal,Benatia/Hummels,Strootman,Cuadrado would be my top targets. Any of those 3 plus Herrera and Shaw plus the young GK we signed would easily be our best window ever! Anything else would be a bonus.

All that ive seen suggest quotes are true, interview was done for Sunday press. Will have to see if he comes not top of my list tbh, Vidal,Benatia/Hummels,Strootman,Cuadrado would be my top targets. Any of those 3 plus Herrera and Shaw plus the young GK we signed would easily be our best window ever! Anything else would be a bonus.

We seem a **** of a long way from that!

We seem a **** of a long way from that!
We may not be though mate, no one knows. To many people believe Twitter/Papers for me. The club has gone back to the way it use to be not briefing anyone till there ready, I am very confident!

Back