The Manchester United Thread

Jumping the gun is pointless though. There is actually no scope to complain if the window hasnt closed!

Well after the thiago and strootman transfers that never were (thank you david) last summer and woodward spouting nonsense about cesc, you can see why some would be negative about how the club do business in the market.

Plus the fellaini panic buy.

Our top 4 challenge relies on players who have been inconsistent suddenly performing at a good level and players not getting injured... who usually do. Recipe for disaster, LVG is great manager but not miracle worker.

Btw the whole "transfer window is not closed yet" is kind of getting boring now, for a lot of players we can get the deadline set by other clubs is this week. Plus people keep saying this after 40 days flies by with nothing.

Really? The players had one bad season, after several of being very good and very consistent.

It might be boring, but it's also undeniably true.

The only player with a deadline is Cuadrado. and that deadline hasnt even arrived. We already know from both Barcelona and Fiorentina that United are working on that.

We already know that Di Maria is wanted but is too expensive, but they are still working.

Not Woodys fault that. Now we have LVG. And we are talking top 4, me and Mike said nothing about winning league.

Exactly. Chelsea and City are so strong it would take us having the best window of all time to catch them

RE: Di Maria. Issue is wages. He wanted about 260k a week. Which is why the PSG deal is currently dead

I'm sorry... but if Woodward doesn't deliver a big signing after talking the talk once again... he can be blamed heavily, just like last summer.

We can all be optimistic new manager, new start, but we're relying on an inadequate squad with players who were down and out at the end of last season.

I'm sorry... but if Woodward doesn't deliver a big signing after talking the talk once again... he can be blamed heavily, just like last summer.

We can all be optimistic new manager, new start, but we're relying on an inadequate squad with players who were down and out right now for the start of the season, unless players magically brought in soon.

Well thats a lie. The side right now is good enough for 4th, and chase for third.

It's also a lie to say the players are down and out. They are in fact buzzing for the season to start. Have you paid any attention to pre season at all? The whole thing is that there is a zip and a buzz around the squad that wasnt there last season

Can we all agree Nani is done at the club? Shocking player.

It's the club fault that we can't get rid of these players as well.... not long ago he got a new contract.... high wages which other clubs can't afford these players is the problem to shifting them. Fellaini, Anderson, Nani in particular.

Well thats a lie. The side right now is good enough for 4th, and chase for third.

It's also a lie to say the players are down and out. They are in fact buzzing for the season to start. Have you paid any attention to pre season at all? The whole thing is that there is a zip and a buzz around the squad that wasnt there last season

What I meant was.... some of the players who were rubbish and supposedly finished at the club still remain. These are players we are going to have to rely on due to not having anything better still.

Shame really, he looked quality at times from 09-11 can't believe fergie never got rid of him.

What I meant was.... some of the players who were rubbish and supposedly finished at the club still remain. These are players we are going to have to rely on due to not having anything better still.

But we're not relying on them at all? We've changed formation so we dont rely on them

Who said they were finished? Coz LVG/Woody have said nothing of the sort.

Everyone said Young was finished last season, now suddenly he's a key player for us due to having no wing-back's and an injury prone Rafael.

Rotation and squad cover is not the same as key. Also if hes made him self into good cover, that's actually a good thing FFS

Back