The Manchester United Thread

Could be why he got zaha, maybe saw him as nani's replacement for last season before he decided to retire.

That's exactly why he got Zaha. Also why he got Kagawa, because he would have sold Rooney too

That's exactly why he got Zaha. Also why he got Kagawa, because he would have sold Rooney too

Quite glad we've still got rooney, looked red hot pre season and even under moyes looked very good.

Quite glad we've still got rooney, looked red hot pre season.

Rooney was going to go two ways with LVG, not like being told to learn, or really appreciate being taught. He is the latter, and he's currently loving it.

Last edited:
Rooney was going to go to ways with LVG, not like being told to learn, or really appreciate being taught. He is the latter, and he's currently loving it.
RVP and an in form happy and fit Rooney are gonna destroy many a defence this season:)

RVP and an in form happy and fit Rooney are gonna destroy many a defence this season:)

One big plus about the new formation, having them two play together in a formation that doesn't have rooney out left or is a dreadful moyesy 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.

Some of you really know lot about United transfers. Amazing when it's know that United is silent this summer. I have no idea who's going to sign, but I have faith in Uniteds manager and coaching stuff, as well in players. I had that last season and as far as I remember, however, things can change really quickly, just like it did with Moyes.

So instead of panicking and drowning in shallow water, think about tactics and current players that suit it. Only problem is with defense, where there isn't much cover at all. You can work around midfield even with Clevz and Fellaini. Also, I have strong feeling LvG will use either Fletcher or Carrick as CD.

Please don't mention fellaini and cleverley together in any sort of midfield, fellaini has no place anywhere near the bench nevermind the first 11.

WTF guys, I saw 4-5 pages in 2 hours and I thought we signed someone!

WTF guys, I saw 4-5 pages in 2 hours and I thought we signed someone!

Same here, but it just turned out to be the weekly session of fans who are upset because we haven't acted in the transfer market the way they wanted so now it is all doom and gloom for the season.

Some of you really know lot about United transfers. Amazing when it's know that United is silent this summer. I have no idea who's going to sign, but I have faith in Uniteds manager and coaching stuff, as well in players. I had that last season and as far as I remember, however, things can change really quickly, just like it did with Moyes.

So instead of panicking and drowning in shallow water, think about tactics and current players that suit it. Only problem is with defense, where there isn't much cover at all. You can work around midfield even with Clevz and Fellaini. Also, I have strong feeling LvG will use either Fletcher or Carrick as CD.

Working round the midfield isn't a good thing.. Just when it's as bad as ours you have to.

We needed to get the business done before start of season in order to give ourselves the best chance of having a successful season this time round.

No matter how you look at it there is a distinct lack of depth and balance throughout.

Working round the midfield isn't a good thing.. Just when it's as bad as ours you have to.

We needed to get the business done before start of season in order to give ourselves the best chance of having a successful season this time round.

No matter how you look at it there is a distinct lack of depth and balance throughout.

Not really. There is enough here for the majority of games. If we cant navigate the likes of Swansea, then we dont deserve to get back in the CL

Lack of depth WTF we have like a 30+ player squad atm. Our opening games we can easily navigate with the squad we have, even most the season. City looked good today;)

Lack of depth WTF we have like a 30+ player squad atm. Our opening games we can easily navigate with the squad we have, even most the season. City looked good today;)

Only if you count the rubbish and all the youth who are totally unproven.

Only if you count the rubbish and all the youth who are totally unproven.
Just because there young don't mean there not good enough! Just coz you think there rubbish. City looked good today with all there star players, and stars on the bench Sinclair,Milner,Zuculini,Boyata,Richards.

That midfield is not that bad. When combined with LvG ideas, it can be good. I wont like and say I'm happy with it, but it's much better than last season with addition of Fletcher (returning) and Herrera.

I do agree, there's a lack of balance, plenty of attacking options, short on defense and rather questionable quality in midfield depth. One piece of the puzzle at time, no need to rush anything quite yet.

That midfield is not that bad. When combined with LvG ideas, it can be good. I wont like and say I'm happy with it, but it's much better than last season with addition of Fletcher (returning) and Herrera.

I do agree, there's a lack of balance, plenty of attacking options, short on defense and rather questionable quality in midfield depth. One piece of the puzzle at time, no need to rush anything quite yet.
I know then you look at some other squads players in the leagues top 4 ours aint that bad!

Just because there young don't mean there not good enough! Just coz you think there rubbish. City looked good today with all there star players, and stars on the bench Sinclair,Milner,Zuculini,Boyata,Richards.

No I meant all the rubbish including the likes of Anderson, Cleverley, Nani, Young (counting last few seasons), Fellaini etc.

The unproven youth was my other point, not saying our youth is rubbish because we have some excellent options, but we should integrate one or two, not too many.

No I meant all the rubbish including the likes of Anderson, Cleverley, Nani, Young (counting last few seasons), Fellaini etc.

The unproven youth was my other point, not saying our youth is rubbish because we have some excellent options, but we should integrate one or two, not too many.

Considering LVG only intends to play two of them, and one is reinventing himself (Young) I dont think you need to worry.

He only wants to use about 20 players anyway.

If the youth are good enough and ready, then we should use as many as he sees fit.

Back