The Manchester United Thread

Mundo Deportivo reporting Cuadrado set for Barca. Don't know how reliable! Also saying Di Maria wont be Madrid player come Sept 1st.

The Telegraph
Manchester-United-_1377233a.gif
Manchester UnitedManchester United will make a £50 million move for Angel di Maria after Paris St-Germain pulled out of the race for the Real Madrid man. (Star)
Louis van Gaal has told seven players, including Marouane Fellaini, Nani, Anderson and Rafael, that they can leave Old Trafford. (Mail)
Manchester United will make a final £30m bid for Borussia Dortmund's World Cup-winning centre-back Mats Hummels, with £17m Ajax utility man Daley Blind a back-up option ... (Star on Sunday)
... Dutch international Blind says it would be "hard to turn down" the chance to work again with former Netherlands manager Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford. (Evening Standard)
Chelsea will try to ambush Manchester United's £30-million bid for Roma defender Mehdi Benatia, 27. (Express on Sunday)
Louis van Gaal has been encouraged in his pursuit of Fiorentina wingerJuan Cuadrado, 26, after the Italian club's suits said they would not be able to refuse an offer of £25m. (Times)

I would be shocked if Rafael is sold. We have only 1 RB in the squad and we are selling him? Very unlikely.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 43m
Official: Vermaelen has a thigh muscle inury and will do physiotherapy, no timing for his return to group training #fcblive

Signed and 2 days later he is out injured. Rumored to be out for 6 weeks.

I'd be extremely irritated if Rafael is sold. No matter who is brought in. This system should give full impetus to his attacking instincts. If people actually look beyond a woeful previous season, he was one of the best. And with the right manager, he has the opportunity to replicate that./

And I'd be mad as **** if Valencia is kept in the squad, and Rafael shunted out. Sure, Valencia's work rate maybe exponentially higher, but ffs, Rafael atm definitely has more talent and potential./

This is another reason for me wishing that Cuadrado doesn't happen/ >.< He'd be brilliant for us, but I'd rather Cuadrado and Rafael remain, rather than Cuadrado and Valencia.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter anyway because Cuadrado is off to barca and we weren't intrested wink wink.

Last edited:
Back