The Manchester United Thread

Sporting President has told OJO that no bids have been received for Carvalho but bid has been made for Rojo, also some Portugese press claiming we have met his release clause. Good signing if true.

You need to stop thinking its going to be a fantasy window. It's far more important that LVG raises the whole level of the entire squad again. That's the most important thing, then you add quality on top of that.

Get the team playing the right way first, then add to it.

I'm talking 1 of them.... not all... jesus I don't expect that much. Imagine what a player like Benatia could do in our defence, at the moment it looks rather average, I think you'll admit that as well.

Playing the right way obviously LVG can make that happen, but he also needs the right players to get the best out of his system. Cuadrado would be fabulous for many reasons, Vidal would add a lot to our midfield and Di Maria would give us a lot of different options.

Any 1 of these players and I'd take it, but right now, we just are lacking some quality in key areas. Smalling and Jones are still growing and they can't be expected to suddenly become colossal CB's in one season considering they have constantly been shifted about in previous.

I forgot Liverpool and Arsenal had such super squads last year and still made it into top 4 :O

Arsenal had a much better balance to their defence and midfield last season than we do with ours now.

Liverpool had one of the, if not the best player in the world last season and everyone played out of their skin in that team, pretty much, mixed with some highly talented young players in Sterling and Coutinho.

I forgot Liverpool and Arsenal had such super squads last year and still made it into top 4 :O

This is what happens when people obsess with names over style. We could sign vidal, benatia and cuadrado, but if we play like we did last season, we wouldn't finish top 4. The entire level of the side needed to go back up again, that's why LVG is as important as anyone we get, even more so.

I'm talking 1 of them.... not all... jesus I don't expect that much. Imagine what a player like Benatia could do in our defence, at the moment it looks rather average, I think you'll admit that as well.

Playing the right way obviously LVG can make that happen, but he also needs the right players to get the best out of his system. Cuadrado would be fabulous for many reasons, Vidal would add a lot to our midfield and Di Maria would give us a lot of different options.

Any 1 of these players and I'd take it, but right now, we just are lacking some quality in key areas. Smalling and Jones are still growing and they can't be expected to suddenly become colossal CB's in one season considering they have constantly been shifted about in previous.

You're saying stuff that everyone has already said to you! No one has said we dont need more quality. It's just not as doom and gloom as you make out.

Sporting President has told OJO that no bids have been received for Carvalho but bid has been made for Rojo, also some Portugese press claiming we have met his release clause. Good signing if true.

Marcos Rojo.... is not a United standard of player... honestly really positionally terrible, in fact defensively just plain poor, would get exploited in the Premier League.

Arsenal had a much better balance to their defence and midfield last season than we do with ours now.

Liverpool had one of the, if not the best player in the world last season and everyone played out of their skin in that team, pretty much, mixed with some highly talented young players in Sterling and Coutinho.
It was not the players last season was the way we were playing I would not swap Rooney,Rvp,Januzaj or Mata for anyone in Pools squad last year!

Marcos Rojo.... is not a United standard of player... honestly really positionally terrible, in fact defensively just plain poor, would get exploited in the Premier League.
I beg to differ and I watched shed loads of Sporting last season! All I would say is that I rate him higher as a LB/LWB even though he is a CB by trade, but is still young enough to improve. Not a Utd standard player LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

I beg to differ and I watched shed loads of Sporting last season! All I would say is that I rate him higher as a LB/LWB even though he is a CB by trade, but is still young enough to improve. Not a Utd standard player LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

I can't claim to have watched Rojo at all but the fact that you rate him higher as a LB despite his natural position being a CB says it all really ...

I can't claim to have watched Rojo at all but the fact that you rate him higher as a LB despite his natural position being a CB says it all really ...

It just means he should be a full back. Bastain Schwiensteiger was a "natural" winger.

Not really, is still good CB. Loads of CBs often play at FB. Like I said he is young enough to get better.

Rojo would defo bring much added depth and good depth at that at 2-3 different roles in our team, at not a bad price. Oh I forgot its not Cuadrado or Hummels/Benatia FFS some people!

Evra started his career as a winger too, and Bale as a left back, your point being?

Rojo would defo bring much added depth and good depth at that at 2-3 different roles in our team, at not a bad price. Oh I forgot its not Cuadrado or Hummels/Benatia FFS some people!

Yeh... they are all on a different planet to Rojo though.

Honestly if we can not do any better than Rojo then I am worried big time.

I think you are unfairly criticizing zzeezy ... He is not saying that United should go for big name players. He is just saying that United should add high quality players to their starting 11 and these include the likes of Benatia who is reportedly available

Back