The Manchester United Thread

I think you are unfairly criticizing zzeezy ... He is not saying that United should go for big name players. He is just saying that United should add high quality players to their starting 11 and these include the likes of Benatia who is reportedly available

Who says United have given up on Benatia?

By the way given last tweets by Roma they are expecting a major player to leave the side. No idea where to, but I suspect the player is Benatia.

I think you are unfairly criticizing zzeezy ... He is not saying that United should go for big name players. He is just saying that United should add high quality players to their starting 11 and these include the likes of Benatia who is reportedly available
I know we need quality mate! But need depth to. We are being linked with quality players and after targets mentioned, its just this we have not signed anyone our season is over rubbish, Woody is **** when there are still 2 wks plus of window left.

Most probably cover few positions LVG always looks for players that are versatile and can fit different systems.

He would cover where he can fit.

Which is why we were tracking Blind for the same season.

Righto ... Was under the assumption that he was being brought in as a CB as United really lacking depth in that department. Can't speak about his quality but versatile depth is always good

Who says United have given up on Benatia?

By the way given last tweets by Roma they are expecting a major player to leave the side. No idea where to, but I suspect the player is Benatia.

Not saying United have given up on Benatia ... Just trying to explain what zzeezy is trying to say. Also I really haven't heard any links to Chelsea ... Do you reckon they are in for him?

I know we need quality mate! But need depth to. We are being linked with quality players and after targets mentioned, its just this we have not signed anyone our season is over rubbish, Woody is **** when there are still 2 wks plus of window left.

I understand where you are coming from mate but then again, hard to blame some fans for getting worried especially after he fiasco of last summer where United were linked with world-class players all the way and ended up getting Fellaini. I doubt it will happen again but probably still is in the back of some people's minds

Yes but this summer is nothing like last summer! Last season was shocking window but that was to do with a number of reason, the very least of which was Woody.

We can hardly get carried away by pre-season.... Blackett wasn't exactly much good last season at Birmingham. Young and Valencia never have any consistency last few seasons, which is what PL is about.

But they don't just have to be squad signings, they have to be signings which will make the difference and get into the first team straight away if you ask me... Benatia/Cuadrado/Di Maria/Vidal would change our fortunes completely around. Problem is we've consistently bought players who haven't fulfilled to their potential, now we need some with instant impact.

With the current first team 11 and backup options, I still think top 4 is going to be a real struggle.

It seems that the problem with you is that nothing will ever be good enough. We could sign Benatia and Vidal and you would say "Can't believe we haven't addresed the winger issues. Season Over."

It's the same thing every post and quite frankly I'm bored of it.

Not saying United have given up on Benatia ... Just trying to explain what zzeezy is trying to say. Also I really haven't heard any links to Chelsea ... Do you reckon they are in for him?

I understand where you are coming from mate but then again, hard to blame some fans for getting worried especially after he fiasco of last summer where United were linked with world-class players all the way and ended up getting Fellaini. I doubt it will happen again but probably still is in the back of some people's minds

Chelsea have shown interest, no idea if its gone any further. But Roma's tweets really sound like they expect someone (him) to leave.

This season we have come away with Shaw, Herrera and LVG. That's decent.

Yes but this summer is nothing like last summer! Last season was shocking window but that was to do with a number of reason, the very least of which was Woody.

Yeah I expect some big signings soon tbh ... LVG has a clear plan after the tour by the looks of things

Chelsea have shown interest, no idea if its gone any further. But Roma's tweets really sound like they expect someone (him) to leave.

Chelsea are short of a man in defense although I expect him to be wearing red if he does end up leaving ... Haven't seen anything that suggests Chelsea have a concrete interest in him

Yeah I expect some big signings soon tbh ... LVG has a clear plan after the tour by the looks of things

Given the expense of players targeted, the fact that he wants a small squad, you'd have to assume that the player outs are linked to the players in.

It seems that the problem with you is that nothing will ever be good enough. We could sign Benatia and Vidal and you would say "Can't believe we haven't addresed the winger issues. Season Over."

It's the same thing every post and quite frankly I'm bored of it.

I said 1 of them players would make a huge difference, not talking about getting all of them, obviously.

If you're bored of it then fine, but you can only blame the club for not making the transfers yet. If they were quicker in doing so I'd be less inclined to be in the position to make the point of needing a key player or two, asap.

All LVG has said and done is that he wants to ***** the squad on tour and wont be no dealings till such time. We have been back a week and things are looking up, we cant just click our fingers and magic players of this quality in a day or 2 :)

I said 1 of them players would make a huge difference, not talking about getting all of them, obviously.

If you're bored of it then fine, but you can only blame the club for not making the transfers yet. If they were quicker in doing so I'd be less inclined to be in the position to make the point of needing a key player or two, asap.

Actually, we can blame you. Since a) window isnt closed b) they wouldnt be making more signings until they had come back from tour.

Actually, we can blame you. Since a) window isnt closed b) they wouldnt be making more signings until they had come back from tour.

I swear your optimism is something to behold, sure we all thought the same last summer as well, won't make them until after the tour, after the first game, after the second game, in the last week of the window.... next January.

For people who don't have MUTV they are on Freeview for about an hour in the build up towards tonights game.

Last summer was frustrating - we were losing against pub-standard teams and we did not play like we have a clue in the games. We were linked to few players and declared our interests publicly, and ended up with a mophead. This summer isn't even comparable to the last - we looked brilliant in our pre-season and our players were enjoying themselves. We had a new manager that gets us play some exciting football that we haven't seen in the past few seasons (yes, even when SAF was here) instead of some Moyes' hoofball special.

I said quite awhile back that I would be happy if we have no more signings going into the new season, and my opinion is still unchanged. I had actually never been so excited going into a new season before!

All we had last Fecking year was I will try to bring in players, I will try to strengthen squad ,CESC,CESC,CESC,CESC,CESC for about 8 weeks **** I best sign an old player before window shuts. Then the same dross we try to sign ,we try to do this/that. **** all like last summer!

Back