The Manchester United Thread

Liverpool had their best season ever in the PL while we had our worst.

Arsenal for a team with better balance, find it pretty hard beating us. And they only count for 4 games. not 38
Plus Arsenal were one of the teams to play against last season, there CM was invisible most games.

Liverpool had their best season ever in the PL while we had our worst.

Arsenal for a team with better balance, find it pretty hard beating us. And they only count for 4 games. not 38

Heres there thing. United typically do decent when against the big sides. It's the rest of the league we wipe the floor with when we win titles. So prattling on about Liverpool and Arsenal is less relevant.

I'm not even the one who has brought up Liverpool and Arsenal, it's other people who keep on doing that.

I'm not even the one who has brought up Liverpool and Arsenal, it's other people who keep on doing that.
Were talking about top 4 your the one who keeps talking about the 2 faves for the league, which we have never said we will win.

Rumour going round LVG wanted RVP to have No 9 shirt he has decided to keep No 20 Leaving Welbeck favourite to get the No 9 shirt.

You're now the 2nd person to make this comparison with Liverpool and Arsenal but it simply isn't true, their midfield and defence has a fear greater balance to it than ours did. (Talking about Arsenal in particular).

Liverpool had arguably best player in the world mixed with some highly talented young players and a manager who has a vision. All the rest played out of their skin pretty much.

It really isn't, United fans expectations are definitely lower now, it's noticable, especially since Moyes has joined and even if you look on twitter alone (Yes I know but it's where a lot of fans can be seen) it shows. Perhaps not here because everyone seems to be optimistic because we have a manager with a magic wand and a broomstick.

Are you like 12? Cause reading everything you've said makes it seem like you're a child who knows absolutely nothing..

You complain about how Man Utd fans expectations have dropped, when its really just your own that's stupid. Man Utd fans want to sign the best players. We want to have the best players. But most of us realize we aren't the only big club anymore. There are other clubs that can offer nearabouts the same as us so its harder to attract the players.

It's also kinda ironic. Saying Man Utd fans expectations have dropped when you're off worrying about how bad the season is going to be. Seems like your expectations have dropped more.

Are you like 12? Cause reading everything you've said makes it seem like you're a child who knows absolutely nothing..

You complain about how Man Utd fans expectations have dropped, when its really just your own that's stupid. Man Utd fans want to sign the best players. We want to have the best players. But most of us realize we aren't the only big club anymore. There are other clubs that can offer nearabouts the same as us so its harder to attract the players.

It's also kinda ironic. Saying Man Utd fans expectations have dropped when you're off worrying about how bad the season is going to be. Seems like your expectations have dropped more.

Meanwhile in the same thread people would be happy with signing... Marcos Rojo. Ok right, sorry can't take anything else I read serious here.

I want us to sign QUALITY players, my expectation in that regard hasn't changed.

Meanwhile in the same thread people would be happy with signing... Marcos Rojo. Ok right, sorry can't take anything else I read serious here.

I want us to sign QUALITY players, my expectation in that regard hasn't changed.

Rojo is very good LWB/LB/CB cover. Which is needed

Blind is more CM/CB/LB in that order. Getting either would add quality depth

Rojo is very good LWB/LB/CB cover. Which is needed

Blind is more CM/CB/LB in that order. Getting either would add quality depth

Just because he can play them positions doesn't make him good at them, he's a poor CB and as a LB he is pretty good going forward, but defensively we'd be penetrated to high heaven. Probably just the same if he played LWB.

Just because he can play them positions doesn't make him good at them, he's a poor CB and as a LB he is pretty good going forward, but defensively we'd be penetrated to high heaven. Probably just the same if he played LWB.

So you've watched him a lot then? You know he's bad at those positions? Man Utd should hire you to be a scout.

Have you watched him? or just going on reports? Because he's a solid but rash CB, but actually a good LB, and very good LWB.

Blind can play LB, but is largely wasted there. If you were buying one for primarily LWB/LB, you'd buy Rojo

A scouse mate of mine laughed when i said i wouldn't mind rojo, you know it's bad when liverpool fans giggle at your possible transfer business.

Even if he does turn out gash i'd welcome him, would also prefer blind and or benatia but we ain't real we can't just click our fingers act like mugs and get who we want.

Some philosophical bombs there!

Have you watched him? or just going on reports? Because he's a solid but rash CB, but actually a good LB, and very good LWB.

Blind can play LB, but is largely wasted there. If you were buying one for primarily LWB/LB, you'd buy Rojo

I'm going from what I've seen when I have seen him and what other people... who watch the Portugese football regularly are saying. Most of them reliable reporters say he isn't good enough for a top club. Southampton is about his grade, they are interested as well supposedly.

He's loose in his positioning and he doesn't seem to know how to defend without committing himself, honestly he's a defender who is better going forward than backwards, is that really what we need? My opinion is no.

I'm going from what I've seen when I have seen him and what other people... who watch the Portugese football regularly are saying. Most of them reliable reporters say he isn't good enough for a top club. Southampton is about his grade, they are interested as well supposedly.

He's loose in his positioning and he doesn't seem to know how to defend without committing himself, honestly he's a defender who is better going forward than backwards, is that really what we need? My opinion is no.

So you havent watched him, but are laughing off people who have? If you disagree fair enough. But no way can you laugh off people who have watched him when you havent.

We're not buying him to be a starter, thats clearly Shaw, but cover, which he would be strong at.

You are forgetting during the world cup Van Gaal used Kuyt as a wing back and was one of the consistent players of the dutch squad. Yet no one else would of thought it. You cant have any trust in your managers decisions already then if you are questioning them.

Well I watched Rojo a lot last season and my mate who works for the Agency in my department is a Sporting fan and says Rojo is behind Carvalho as there top players he is also from Portugal and all his family support them. He has always said he was supprised Utd were not in for him!

So you havent watched him, but are laughing off people who have? If you disagree fair enough. But no way can you laugh off people who have watched him when you havent.

We're not buying him to be a starter. But cover.

I said I'm going off what I have seen as well... honestly I'm not a regular watcher of him as people of the Portugese league are. But I have seen him in a fair few games, not regularly though admittedly.

But people who know their stuff more than me are saying bad things about him.... so why would they be wrong? They don't have any inclination to say he's bad if he isn't.

You are forgetting during the world cup Van Gaal used Kuyt as a wing back and was one of the consistent players of the dutch squad. Yet no one else would of thought it. You cant have any trust in your managers decisions already then if you are questioning them.

But we haven't signed him.. it's just another rumour atm. So I'm not doubting his decision because it hasn't even been official yet.

Back