The Manchester United Thread

But we haven't signed him.. it's just another rumour atm. So I'm not doubting his decision because it hasn't even been official yet.

But you are doubting him already because you are dismissing the player. If he does join then what?

But you are doubting him already because you are dismissing the player. If he does join then what?

My opinion remains until it's proven wrong, if he come in and do something worth while then I'll hold my hands up.

I swear your optimism is something to behold, sure we all thought the same last summer as well, won't make them until after the tour, after the first game, after the second game, in the last week of the window.... next January.
You are mistaken optimism for realism. Friend used to give me one good advice, always judge situations based on present. Never on the future and even more importantly, on the past. Past can't teach you anything new. Future we cannot know, but in present, we have both past and future. Present is realism, fact, firm ground. Take a look what has United done this season, how they look at this moment. You have every right to be afraid for its future, but looking at the present, United has done pretty good job. And it will get better. Got a world class manager who's best trait is to get the players to their maximum, he has great record with molding youngsters and is a born winner. He came with something different, new philosophy that's working. Even if United doesn't sign anyone, there are no reason why this squad shouldn't be in CL next year. Having Fellaini and Cleverley as 5th and 6th option is anything but bad. They are not bad players, both can and will be useful, I'm positive. Squad depth in defense is thin, that's why United is pursuing players like Benatia or Blind (examples, I don't know Uniteds targets). Not only to give quality, but also depth.
Have faith, there is time and place for panic, middle of August isn't one.

My opinion remains until it's proven wrong, if he come in and do something worth while then I'll hold my hands up.

So now you change tact to if a player joins and is not a success you will slate him to tell everyone I told you so and then if he does well you will say I can't always be right. Keep being pessimistic. Christ knows what you will do if Fellaini is a revelation this year.

Please people stop mentioning fellaini, he's gone in my demented head so leave it that way.

Thank you.

Please people stop mentioning fellaini, he's gone in my demented head so leave it that way.

Thank you.
Sorry, can't do that. As long as he's Untied player, I wish him all luck in the world. His sin is that he's Moyes' signing. He actually wasn't bad last season. Nothing spectacular, but not terrible. He can be useful in some situations.

Unless LVG wants a sloth who is shocking as a CM and only effective as a number ten when chesting the ball and elbowing people, i really can't see much use for him.

You are mistaken optimism for realism. Friend used to give me one good advice, always judge situations based on present. Never on the future and even more importantly, on the past. Past can't teach you anything new. Future we cannot know, but in present, we have both past and future. Present is realism, fact, firm ground. Take a look what has United done this season, how they look at this moment. You have every right to be afraid for its future, but looking at the present, United has done pretty good job. And it will get better. Got a world class manager who's best trait is to get the players to their maximum, he has great record with molding youngsters and is a born winner. He came with something different, new philosophy that's working. Even if United doesn't sign anyone, there are no reason why this squad shouldn't be in CL next year. Having Fellaini and Cleverley as 5th and 6th option is anything but bad. They are not bad players, both can and will be useful, I'm positive. Squad depth in defense is thin, that's why United is pursuing players like Benatia or Blind (examples, I don't know Uniteds targets). Not only to give quality, but also depth.
Have faith, there is time and place for panic, middle of August isn't one.

I am not even a United fan and that is a ****** excellent way to sum things up.

Some of the talk about how much sporting want for rojo is scary, he's barely worth half of the 30m they want.

If Holland can finish 3rd in a World Cup with Ron Vlaar and Jonathan De Guzman as main stays in there lineup never mind beating Spain 5-1 I really wouldn't worry if LvG decides to sign Rojo or for that matter anyone. The one thing he will ensure is that you have a functional team I really would not get hung up on whether you perceive a player to be the right quality or not, just be patient give it a chance and see what happens.

Last edited:
Regardless of who we have come the deadline if we look even half as good vs city, chelsea and liverpool compared to last season we have made massive progress. Last season against them we looked like everton lite.

Regardless of who we have come the deadline if we look even half as good vs city, chelsea and liverpool compared to last season we have made massive progress. Last season against them we looked like everton lite.

I think the disappointing thing about Moyes is that he was capable of a lot better, I know people like to compare us to Everton last season, but in all fairness we were much worse than even Moyes's Everton, who were actually really good at times.

I think the disappointing thing about Moyes is that he was capable of a lot better, I know people like to compare us to Everton last season, but in all fairness we were much worse than even Moyes's Everton, who were actually really good at times.

I don't think he was capable, backwards training methods and tactics and he was too stubborn to change and set in his ways.

I would just say that Moyes has no idea how to deal with big names. He tried to get all the good players on the field instead of having a philosophy, which is way more important. He is also conservative, and doesn't want to try new things or even new staffs. He stick with what he's got in Everton and destroyed the morale of the whole squad.

I think the football games nowadays have ruined most fans expectations when it comes to a transfer window. They expect their club to sign mega players every transfer window like how they can in their FM or FIFA (which is way more ridiculous, you can change your whole squad in 1 season). They also rate players by how fast they can run (ugh) nowadays, which is absolutely bonkers (just look at any Hummels discussion online).

Jamie Jackson says were close to 16m deal for Rojo and Di Maria talks ongoing. Tancredi not the most reliable I know, is saying Vidal offer will go in today with Heranadez going in the other direction.

Jamie Jackson says were close to 16m deal for Rojo and Di Maria talks ongoing. Tancredi not the most reliable I know, is saying Vidal offer will go in today with Heranadez going in the other direction.

How ****** much? if we get Vidal and Di Maria i can see a 4-3-3 happening.

Back