The Manchester United Thread

It's fantastic that Rooney got the armband. So many people predicted that Rooney and Van Gaal fall out very early and Van Gaal won't like him but going by the interviews both love each other already. Can't wait for the season to start.

Considering the fact that Sporting want some crazy money for Rojo, inspite of owning only 25% of his economic rights, I don't think we'll make a move for him (we'll have to buy out the remaining 75% too, from his agents I think?). I believe West Ham were fined for something similar when they bought Tevez and Mascherano.

Also, in response to earlier question, Vidal over di Maria please, if we had the choice to sign any one of them. Using di Maria as a winger could cause problems in CM, as switching to a 4-3-3, we'll have Fletcher-Herrera-Carrick in 3 midfield roles, with Kagawa, Cleverley and Fellaini (if he stays) as backup/ Not very reassuring, especially if Fletcher picks up an injury. Also, removes Mata from his self-confessed best position, and a single striker will cause problems with Rooney, RvP and Welbeck vying for spots. And it's not like we have CL and therefore needing to rotate.

Although, I dunno how good di Maria will be at CM, if he can be, one option to consider I guess. But I still feel Vidal, Blind and a young winger (if necessary) will be a good window. /s/Blind/Rojo (don't really mind which one of them come, but Rojo looks like he'll be more expensive).

Last edited:
Considering the fact that Sporting want some crazy money for Rojo, inspite of owning only 25% of his economic rights, I don't think we'll make a move for him (we'll have to buy out the remaining 75% too, from his agents I think?). I believe West Ham were fined for something similar when they bought Tevez and Mascherano.

If we sign we won't buy only 25% of his rights. We will buy him 100%.

Just like City signed Mangala even though Porto owned only 57% of his rights.

If we sign we won't buy only 25% of his rights. We will buy him 100%.

Just like City signed Mangala even though Porto owned only 57% of his rights.
Yeah, which is why I stated it'll be way more expensive than Blind too..

Rooney as captain is probably the right choice. Hope we get di Maria and blind. And well done fellani for scoring your 1st goal for united and ignoring those outrageous boos. Yes you were **** last year but so was the rest of the team, wasn't his fault we finished 7th. I'd keep him as he offers something completely different to anything else we have. I think he'd be great to come on if we need the ball holding up top or we have to resort to lumping the ball in box for a goal, could also fill in at the back if the other team are lumping it into our box. 1 more season needed as if we sell him now he would not be worth much. If lvg can make young look a decent wing back then I'm confident he can improve fellani.

Yeah, which is why I stated it'll be way more expensive than Blind too..

It's not 16 million for just 25% of his rights, it's for 100%. That's why it is rejected as Sporting will get only 4%.

Maybe I didn't understand what you meant.

katerero says

13/08/14 4:47am

Luke SHAW X 3 = Alberto Moreno, mark my words Shaw cant even tie Moreno's shoes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some Liverpool fans....

It's not 16 million for just 25% of his rights, it's for 100%. That's why it is rejected as Sporting will get only 4%.

Maybe I didn't understand what you meant.

Ah lol, I assumed Sporting were just being difficult and demanding that for just their share :\

Only just realised this season, because of our **** year last season and no Europe we go into the 2 cups a round early.

Lord help us, hurry up and at least sign Marcos Rojo, not a fan but we need a defender badly.

Anders Lindergaard told he can leave after meating saying he will be released. Will be Young at RWB and James at LWB against Swansea I reckon, not to much drama to be honest reports saying Rafa,Valencia should be available for game 2.

All official Nos for this season can be found on the official site just posted, all vacant numbers will be taken by new signings club say.

Back