The Manchester United Thread

It's not that people dont see his point, we do ideally need more bodies if we want to aim for the title.

Even LVG knows this and injuries happen even though it does seem to happen to us more regularly. Be intresting to see how we lineup without the players we're missing and will RVP even be fit?

Guessing we could see De Gea, Young, Jones, Smalling, Blackett, James, Ander, Fletcher, Mata, Welbeck/rvp and rooney.

Not ideal but atleast we still have that attacking threat and we're at home so should win, but i'd take a draw (it's moyesy syndrome)

Even LVG knows this and injuries happen even though it does seem to happen to us more regularly. Be intresting to see how we lineup without the players we're missing and will RVP even be fit?

Guessing we could see De Gea, Young, Jones, Smalling, Blackett, James, Ander, Fletcher, Mata, Welbeck/rvp and rooney.

Not ideal but atleast we still have that attacking threat and we're at home so should win, but i'd take a draw (it's moyesy syndrome)

RVP is still training. He won't play.

And I expect us to win, though perhaps not a clean sheet. But we have enough to win. Anything else is a disappointment

Fiorentina have extended the deadline on Cuadrado. It seems they actually need to sell him to fund their other deals

I think we should tell them to **** off with their unrealistic price and anyways he is interested to join Barca more than anything. We should be going all out Vidal and Benatia. Wing back is needed but it's not as important as CB and CM. We have Rafael, Valencia and Young who can play as RWB.

Also with Shaw out injured it would be interesting to see who will be played as LWB. Young was excellent there and we have Reece James who is good but his lack of pace is so obvious.

Blackett should play without any doubt, he is so calm on the ball and maybe the only CB who can bring the ball into attack. Something Jones used to do a lot when we signed him but now he does it very very rarely.

I dunno, if van Gaal was irritated, trust me, everyone'd know it. He's hardly one to sooth or massage ego's around the club. Just have to be patient, and hope it works. Everyone is getting worried over lack of transfer activity, but there are some differences - For the first time in ohsolong, we aren't in Europe. That also adds a dimension to any transfers, plus clubs will be looking to make deals exorbitant. So negotiations will take time, but have to remain confident it'll happen.

If this was David Moyes at the helm of the club, I'd be terrified by now, but it's van Gaal - He has shown he can work well with current members of the club, something which Moyes couldn't, properly atleast. Somehow I'm a lot more confident than I was at this point the previous season. I remember back to Fergie times, when, even if we didn't sign who we wanted, there was confidence that we'd win the League, or at the very, very least, third place. van Gaal isn't there yet, but I'm starting to get some of that old confidence back// Guess that's what a good coach with tactical knowledge will do to you, huh?

I still reiterate that Moyes could have been good for the club - but I dunno what it was - bad timing, Moyes' need for a break or what, but it was a disaster. But now it's van Gaal, and hopefully, by the end of the season, we'll be right up at the top, and from next season, treat it as our ****** right to win the League, and get that swagger and arrogance back. That was what also symbolized us - we didn't give a **** as to who bought whom, who scored what and how many against us, we'll still go out there, never give up and kick your ***. If we get that back, the League will be a cakewalk.

But more so to the point, as long as our Board doesn't become like Arsenal and just keep money in the Bank, I'm confident we'll do some business.

Danny Welbeck linked with Hull.. serious..

Saw that too, just unfounded rumours. Just cause Hull are interested doesn't mean they'll get him.. There's no way in **** Welbeck will be allowed to leave, especially since our main formation is a 2-striker one, out of which one is injury-prone (RvP);; RvP, Welbeck and Rooney will probably see a lot of gametime this year, with maybe Januzaj occasionally playing there, with Wilson as backup.

And I really, really doubt Welbeck will want to leave United to join Hull..?

Saw that too, just unfounded rumours. Just cause Hull are interested doesn't mean they'll get him.. There's no way in **** Welbeck will be allowed to leave, especially since our main formation is a 2-striker one, out of which one is injury-prone (RvP);; RvP, Welbeck and Rooney will probably see a lot of gametime this year, with maybe Januzaj occasionally playing there, with Wilson as backup.

And I really, really doubt Welbeck will want to leave United to join Hull..?

Yeh I didn't think it was likely... but then again.... I've seen more shocking things happen.

Reports going that the third party owning Rojo are forcing sporting to sell or else they will sue sporting to pay them 75% of the 20 million bid they rejected.

Can anyone confirm this. Is it legit?

Reports going that the third party owning Rojo are forcing sporting to sell or else they will sue sporting to pay them 75% of the 20 million bid they rejected.

Can anyone confirm this. Is it legit?

Yes. It is legit. Also
Nooruddean @BeardedGenius

Read from the bottom up. MUFC have an uncanny knack of involving themselves in the most awkward deals. @PortuBall
2:21 PM - 14 Aug 2014

Bu_KghIIAAAA7to.png:large

[h=1]Manchester United make history with ‘inspirational’ new signing[/h]
By Eurosport3 hours agoEarly Doors

https://s2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/.../blogs/early-doors/Sohail-rehman894848482.jpghttps://s2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/.../blogs/early-doors/Sohail-rehman894848482.jpg
View photo
Sohail-rehman894848482.jpg
(Sohail Rehman on Twitter)

It is not every day that a huge club makes a groundbreaking signing, but that is exactly what has happened at Old Trafford - all while making one young man's dream come true.
Manchester United have hired an important new member of staff in Sohail Rehman, who has become the first ever wheelchair-bound football coach at professional level.
Rehman, after a stint working in Sunday league football, has become a coach of elite footballers after having gained his badges.
The 22-year-old, who hails from Keighley in Yorkshire, has been signed up by United to work specifically with the club's academy. It is a crucial role that Rehman will adopt, looking after the young players of the future and coaching the potential stars of the next generation.

"Big thanks to David Moyes," Sohail told the Telegraph and Argus. "I did a coaching session at United and after that he was basically saying how impressed he was with me. He wanted to get me on board with the club - he started everything off."
A United spokesman said: "We are absolutely delighted to welcome Sohail to Manchester United, his determination to reach a unique role in football is an example to us all.

"In the face of great adversity Sohail has shown that hard work and determination counts for everything in overcoming obstacles. Since coming to the training ground, everyone at Manchester United has welcomed Sohail with open arms."
Club legend Nicky **** said: "It is an amazing achievement and speaking to him he comes across as a young man who knows what he wants to achieve.

"It is magnificent now that he will be sharing these great qualities with young players of the future and I am sure they will be inspired by all that he has achieved."
The famous 'Class of '92' all progressed through the ranks at United, and Sohail will now be able to have real influence over the next David Beckham, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes.

Clearly not lacking any confidence or ambition, Rehman has made it known to local media in Manchester that he intends to secure the top job at Old Trafford.
Who is his role model and hero? Sir Alex Ferguson. That is, of course, the man he hopes to emulate. But that is not all, because a letter sent to Rehman from Fergie himself is cited as his inspiration.
“When the chance to play was taken away from me I think it was the only option I had really,” Rehman told the Daily Mail.
“I had a little bit of doubt before about coaching at that high level obviously having never played the game at a certain level, but when I got a letter from Sir Alex that was the final piece in the jigsaw. He congratulated me on my coaching badges and for the kind of goals I had in mind.
“It was a big honour, he is one of the biggest men in football. I’m going for it now, nothing will stop me.”
This is just the start for the young coach, but he will already be having a significant impact on one of the biggest clubs in the world.

So basically if it's true we'd have to pay £36m + Nani + Hernandez, roughly. As good as Vidal is, I just think that is too much tbh.

So basically if it's true we'd have to pay £36m + Nani + Hernandez, roughly. As good as Vidal is, I just think that is too much tbh.

You're starting to see why any deal with Vidal is horribly complicated.

Let's also remember Vidal and Juve are seemingly playing a game of who decides to say vidal should go first. Neither wants to be the one to say it.

Club IS chasing Di Maria, but right now he is horribly expensive, as in £50m plus 260k a week expensive

I thought the priority was getting quality players in ASAP? Selling Nani + Hernandez individually to raise funds to buy Vidal would take a fair amount of time, something you've made clear that United don't have.

Again, you're in a suboptimal position so you might have to take a deal that's less than perfect.

I thought the priority was getting quality players in ASAP? Selling Nani + Hernandez individually to raise funds to buy Vidal would take a fair amount of time, something you've made clear that United don't have.

Again, you're in a suboptimal position so you might have to take a deal that's less than perfect.

Well to be fair we don't have much time, it's hard, there has to be some realisation though that Hernandez and Nani are worth a fair amount though, plenty of clubs have shown interest in Chicharito so we'd get at least decent amount for him.

Vidal for £36m and no players is more realistic. Maybe give them Nani on loan with a future buy fee.

It's hard though, we're in a bad situation, so I suppose we don't have much choice if we're going to strengthen this window, which we really should do.

Back