The Manchester United Thread

If we want to aim for the title we need Rojo and one of Vidal/Di Maria/Cuadrado for that extra quality. And ideally Blind as well.

You either really shore up the defence, or make the midfield/wing back strong enough to relieve the pressure on the CBs
The Rojo thing escalated quickly lol.

Few reports coming out now that a few of Sportings players have had grumbles with the club before leaving, the latest being Eric Dier to Spurs.

Few reports coming out now that a few of Sportings players have had grumbles with the club before leaving, the latest being Eric Dier to Spurs.
Of course, the new Sporting president is no Saint either. Most players are being tied to the club with unrealistic release clause while being paid peanuts. He does not respect what the players want, and only care about what's good for himself and the club. Furthermore, he will go to the media and paint the players who wants to leave as traitors and terrible human beings. They made Dier looked awful in the media and the fans hated him, now he is trying to do the same to Rojo.

Carvalho is another one, and with Doyen owning 40% of his rights (funnily enough, they only paid 400k to get his 40%), I doubt it will be easy to get him as well.

Of course, the new Sporting president is no Saint either. Most players are being tied to the club with unrealistic release clause while being paid peanuts. He does not respect what the players want, and only care about what's good for himself and the club. Furthermore, he will go to the media and paint the players who wants to leave as traitors and terrible human beings. They made Dier looked awful in the media and the fans hated him, now he is trying to do the same to Rojo.

Carvalho is another one, and with Doyen owning 40% of his rights (funnily enough, they only paid 400k to get his 40%), I doubt it will be easy to get him as well.
That's about what I thought mate tbh. Some of there release clauses are insane, I know they have to protect themselves in a way but. Cant see either of them 2 staying tho. Will be Dier all over again, if the fans knew everything!

But why should he care about what the players want?

He is just jockeying for position right now because he knows whatever happens its going to represent a **** deal for the club so he is just shifting it on to the player to deflect blame from himself, its what happens when you get involved with 3rd party ownership. The funny thing is portuguese clubs should be far better equipped than most clubs to deal with 3rd party ownership I was doing some research for a blog and found an article showing that there are 3 clubs who own investment firms that acquire percentages of young players in Brazil and I am sure Sporting was one of them (defo FCP)

Edit this is in regards to Rojo I am not fully read up on the Dier situation

so looks like every 1 is trying to **** us over thanks moyes

Moyes has probably set us back years, jesus how bad was he and how bad was last season. Biggest balls up by any company ever in the history of sports.

Which part? worst decision i have ever seen made for united and in football period was hiring that fecking moron.

Well that's really not true is it. Redknapp made decisions that led to Portsmouth almost being LIQUIDATED. Now thats a poor appointment. 7th isnt even the worse I've seen us finish

Last edited:
Which part? worst decision i have ever seen made for united and in football period was hiring that fecking moron.
I can name at least 5 far bigger **** ups than united coming 7th just off the top of my head, then I am pretty sure if i put my mind to it i could name a **** ton more stop being so dramatic clubs have bad seasons it happens.

I can name at least 5 far bigger **** ups than united coming 7th just off the top of my head, then I am pretty sure if i put my mind to it i could name a **** ton more stop being so dramatic clubs have bad seasons it happens.

In my lifetime i can't think of a bigger cockup by the club, even older fans i know have said he was the worst thing to happen to the club.

Now i don't wanna bang on about moyes, leave that **** in the past but it's good for the soul to rant about that muppet.

In my lifetime i can't think of a bigger cockup by the club, even older fans i know have said he was the worst thing to happen to the club.Now i don't wanna bang on about moyes, leave that **** in the past but it's good for the soul to rant about that muppet.
You said in the history of sport.......and did a similar thing not happen to the guy who followed busby?

look what happend to you lot

Back