The Manchester United Thread

LVG said after game, "we need defenders we know this." Also said "we know we needed transfers before this game,nothing has changed. Wait and see."

LVG said after game, "we need defenders we know this." Also said "we know we needed transfers before this game,nothing has changed. Wait and see."

To clarify when he says nothing has changed, he means the need for players, not a judgement on the movement of players.

To clarify when he says nothing has changed, he means the need for players, not a judgement on the movement of players.
At the end of the day any team missing Carrick,RVP,Valencia,Rafael,Welbeck,Shaw,Evans is going to struggle, no matter what some fans think!

May said watch this space and just smiled, fecking quality from him. Subtle digs to the board on MUTV

classic.

[h=1]Q&A: Louis van Gaal press briefing[/h][h=2]Louis van Gaal gave a detailed debrief of the 2-1 Barclays Premier League defeat to Swansea in his post-match press conference. The full transcript, speaking to the world's media, is below...[/h]That wasn’t the start you expected, were you more disappointed with the performance than the result?
Of course, it is very disappointing for the players, the fans, for me, and the staff. That, you already know. When you have preparation time and you win everything and then you lose your first match, it cannot be worse, I believe. Also it is not good because we have built up a lot of confidence and then it shall be smashed down because of this result. But we have to know that it is only one game of many games. You shall not be the champion at this moment. You shall be the champion in May. That is what has happened today.

Have you seen enough up until now that, with this group of players, you couldn’t be a champion or do you think…
…Yes, but that is not the question because I know that before this game. Also, with other players it is always a question of if we can play like a team and if we can reach the level [I demand]. Today, we didn’t reach that level. Then you cannot play as a team as easily. We saw that today. In spite of that, we could have won. But when you don’t play like a team, when you miss chances, then it is very difficult because every team shall create possibilities or chances against us.

Was this result a reminder to the supporters what a big job you have at this club?
I have said that in former press conferences because our wins in the United States and against Valencia at Old Trafford, the expectations are so high. That was something I saw in the first half. I saw a lot of players looking very nervous, making the wrong choices and that is a pity. But also these players have to forget that expectation because that is Manchester United. You have to cope with that pressure. That is also a process.

Do you feel you need new faces at the club?
Yes, but I have thought that before this match, so it is no different. When we were playing in the US, I thought the same. I know in what positions we need better players. But you have to buy only when the player can fulfil the way of playing that I ask. We have to wait and see. But we could have won today.

Ideally, how many players would you like to sign before the end of the transfer window?
No, I don’t discuss that with you. I am sorry. I said that yesterday, I believe you were also at the press conference because I remember your face. So I said the same.

But you do need players?
That is the wrong tendency of this press conference. I thought that in the United States of America, but you make a relationship with this match. No, it is not like that.

You changed formation at half-time. Do you think you will change back [to a back three] in the next game?
That is the kind of question I had at the World Championship from my Dutch friends. I think that we can do it with both systems. You have seen the first half that we were not playing very well and we were behind. That is why I changed the system – the system Manchester United have always played – then I changed it again. I do everything to win. To my players, I said it in the dressing room, I cannot say you did not give your utmost. Unbelievable - what a fantastic mentality they have shown. But reaching the level is different. Not only running but also using your brain. Then you can play like a team and, at that, we have failed today.

What did you think of Swansea’s performance?
Swansea did not have so much pressure [on them]. They have defended and they play the counter-attack. You have seen that. That is always easier than to make the game. That shall always be like that. The defensive team, when they are scoring or when they are keeping a 0-0 scoreline, they have a lot of possibilities. Swansea did not have a lot of chances but they scored two goals. That, in football, is always the decider.

What did you say during the half-time break?
During the break, I always look at the future. I thought only about the change of system and how they have to act in that system. That is what you have to do, you have to help your players. I mentioned that the pressure was maybe high for them, but I saw also a great mentality in the second half. It was not enough today because we didn’t reach our level. That’s the main reason why we failed.

Will Robin van Persie be available next week?
That is also a question because we have lost. I think players have to be fit. I could not use Fellaini or Januzaj from the first minute because they came later from the World Cup. Van Persie was a week later than these guys. I think always you have to be fit. But we are now training with Robin for three weeks. So the point that he can come in to the selection is closer now.

considering no article has ever said that, its ok.

Maybe because he didn't actually manage a comeback against Swansea?

Probably upset its not all about Jose anymore

This ****** me off to no end. Why not actually debate on the merits of my point instead of trying to attack the team I support. My point would still stand even if I was a Preston North End fan. I'll be the first to admit that the media do exaggerate Jose a lot and this is exactly what they are doing with LVG now

Van Gaal has gotten a ridiculous amount of attention even from reputable newspapers like the Guardian. Look at the comments in this article for example ...

Coaching’s greatest seminar: how Louis van Gaal shaped five top managers | Jonathan Wilson | Football | The Guardian

Obviously they are all chelsea fans who can't stand that's not all about Jose right?

Maybe because he didn't actually manage a comeback against Swansea?

This ****** me off to no end. Why not actually debate on the merits of my point instead of trying to attack the team I support. My point would still stand even if I was a Preston North End fan. I'll be the first to admit that the media do exaggerate Jose a lot and this is exactly what they are doing with LVG now

Van Gaal has gotten a ridiculous amount of attention even from reputable newspapers like the Guardian. Look at the comments in this article for example ...

Coaching’s greatest seminar: how Louis van Gaal shaped five top managers | Jonathan Wilson | Football | The Guardian

Obviously they are all chelsea fans who can't stand that's not all about Jose right?

If you didn't bother to read my answer as to why he got so much press, dont waste my time with your awful attempt to troll.

No one has ever said he was the greatest thing ever, yet you insist on coming onto the united thread to complain about.

zzezzy gets all over the place because he's traumatised by Woodward, whats your excuse?

Last edited:
If you didn't bother to read my answer as to why he got so much press, dont waste my time with your awful attempt to troll.

No one has ever said he was the greatest thing ever, yet you insist on coming onto the united thread to complain about.

zzezzy gets all over the place because he's traumatised by Woodward, whats your excuse?

Wait which answer did you actually give because I only saw two posts by you; one of which didn't even deal with my original point. Did you actually read what I said? He has gotten a ridiculous amount of attention from the media, not quite sure how you can deny this

Wait which answer did you actually give because I only saw two posts by you; one of which didn't even deal with my original point. Did you actually read what I said? He has gotten a ridiculous amount of attention from the media, not quite sure how you can deny this

I didnt deny it. I actually answered why.

Given last season, any new manager would get columns. United sell papers like no other club. when said manager is a quote machine who gives no ***** like LVG, it's going to saturate the press. At least he is actually being straight with what he says, rather than Jose's psuedo mind game bullshit

I didnt deny it. I actually answered why.

So you basically agree that Van Gaal gets ridiculous amounts of attention from the press? Which was shockingly the original point I was making all along

So you basically agree that Van Gaal gets ridiculous amounts of attention from the press? Which was shockingly the original point I was making all along

No you were whinging that he was being made out to be greatest thing ever when he wasn't, then coming on here and being better about. Not as if he is even going to the press. It's not even something to complain about. Moyes got the same thing.

Your original point:
Hopefully the scoreline stays this way so that we all don't have to be subject to another weeks' worth of articles on how LVG is the second coming of Jesus for engineering a comeback against the mighty Swansea

I'd put easy money on your fellow Chelsea fans saying you're being a bit silly here.

Last edited:
You do know he'll still be all over the papers anyway? Win lose or draw?

Good news and bad news for you zzezzy:

Good news: United have bid 30m for Benatia

Bad news: that's from Tancredi Palmeri.

I apologise for the conflicting emotions you will now have.

No you were whinging that he was being made out to be greatest thing ever when he wasn't, then coming on here and being better about. Not as if he is even going to the press. It's not even something to complain about. Moyes got the same thing.

Your original point:

I'd put easy money on your fellow Chelsea fans saying you're being a bit silly here.

Maybe if you read the numerous articles then you can see that his qualities were being extolled to an unbearable degree. I remember one commentator on here even saying that just because LVG made Shaw work on his fitness and practice crossing in training, his 'attention to detail was second to none'

Also I was being a little facetious as well in my original post if you didn't notice, you seem to have taken it at 100% face value. You can put whatever money that you like mate, others have also seen the LVG wankfest that seems to have gone on for the past week and I am willing to put easy money that not all are Chelsea fans. But wait, you already agree that LVG has gotten ridicules amounts of attention from the press right?

Back