The Manchester United Thread

Do you feel you need new faces at the club?
Yes, but I have thought that before this match, so it is no different. When we were playing in the US, I thought the same. I know in what positions we need better players. But you have to buy only when the player can fulfil the way of playing that I ask. We have to wait and see. But we could have won today.

Ideally, how many players would you like to sign before the end of the transfer window?
No, I don’t discuss that with you. I am sorry. I said that yesterday, I believe you were also at the press conference because I remember your face. So I said the same.

But you do need players?
That is the wrong tendency of this press conference. I thought that in the United States of America, but you make a relationship with this match. No, it is not like that.

This gives me some hope..... if we don't get new faces in now we know we're doomed for the season.

Still, after having a few hours to reflect I still can't take many positives out of this game, just our weaknesses were still obvious to everyone. Which is the most disappointing thing.

Please oh please, I pray we are really in for Benatia like Tancredi Palmeri claims (although don't trust him much) and lets just hope we have some fresh faces in soon, we really do need a big lift I feel, Shaw and Herrera are fine players but we need more.

You do know he'll still be all over the papers anyway? Win lose or draw?

Which is the sad part. When he is winning, they will make him out to be the next Chuck Norris. When he loses, they will smash him like he is Ian Dowie

You've missed my point twice Alcaraz, so I've moved on now. It's nothing new from the press.

Big manager, big club, big personality, successful world cup. Its to be expected.

Last edited:
This gives me some hope..... if we don't get new faces in now we know we're doomed for the season.

Still, after having a few hours to reflect I still can't take many positives out of this game, just our weaknesses were still obvious to everyone. Which is the most disappointing thing.

Please oh please, I pray we are really in for Benatia like Tancredi Palmeri claims (although don't trust him much) and lets just hope we have some fresh faces in soon, we really do need a big lift I feel, Shaw and Herrera are fine players but we need more.

Injuries were worse than the lack of faces to be fair, but I agree we cannot be having 8 or 9 players out every week. Even city and Chelsea would creak under that. But he is right, we could and should have won today.

And the Fletcher-Herrera partnership is very under-whelming, I have to say. We need some muscle in there, I'd take Blind/De Jong at this point.

Vidal.... I've gave up.

Think we looked better when we shifted to 4-2-3-1. Just need a quality midfielder and a winger.

Also gutted for Lingard, but he did look a little bit in awe and was afraid to take on his man.

Think we looked better when we shifted to 4-2-3-1. Just need a quality midfielder and a winger.

Also gutted for Lingard, but he did look a little bit in awe and was afraid to take on his man.

Did you not see our LB? Ashley Young? Left Wing Back maybe but not a Left Back, ever.

And the Fletcher-Herrera partnership is very under-whelming, I have to say. We need some muscle in there, I'd take Blind/De Jong at this point.

Vidal.... I've gave up.

I would totally take anyone now. Wish interest in James Mccarthy was genuine

Oh and we need a Centre-Back player, even if for cover, anyone, ideally Benatia.

Oh and we need a Centre-Back player, even if for cover, anyone, ideally Benatia.

Super muppet Jim White has said he's heard benatia could be on his way.

Could be going off palermi or whatever that muppet is called, so don't get your hopes up.

Super muppet Jim White has said he's heard benatia could be on his way.

Could be going off palermi or whatever that muppet is called.

Don't get me excited..... Benatia would be a huge signing... did he just say this on SSN or what?

Vidal.... I've gave up.

Nothing to do with muscle TBF, all tactical and a bit of nervousness

Nothing to do with muscle TBF, all tactical and a bit of nervousness

Well yeh but it is lightweight isnt it? I really wanted Fernando... before you know who got him. Thought he was very gettable as well.

You've missed my point twice Alcaraz, so I've moved on now. It's nothing new from the press.

Big manager, big club, big personality, successful world cup. Its to be expected.

Exactly, you basically are agreeing to my point that LVG gets ridiculous amounts of attention from the press and seem to be justifying it which really isn't the debate here

Exactly, you basically are agreeing to my point that LVG gets ridiculous amounts of attention from the press and seem to be justifying it which really isn't the debate here

Moyes got just as much nothing to do with the bloke, it's the club they're managing.

Er no, please dont put words in my mouth. Good grief I'm not even sure you know what you're complaining about anymore.

Back