The Manchester United Thread

If Jim White said he's coming for talks I pretty much fail to see how that means he flat out rejected us.

Jim White's record this summer is untouchable....... - -- - - - - - - -

Jim White @JimWhite · May 11

Double dilemma for Southampton FC! Liverpool want Lallana. Reports tonight that Man Utd have made their move for Luke Shaw with bid of £27m
  • ReplyReplied to 0 times
  • RetweetRetweeted 420 times420
  • FavouriteFavourited 160 times160
  • More

Retweeted by Muhammad Bassa
Jim White @JimWhite · Aug 4

Hearing that Mauricio Isla of Juventus and Chile presently having medical at #QPR.
  • RetweetRetweeted 195 times195
  • FavouriteFavourited 83 times83
  • More

Jim White @JimWhite · Aug 5

#QPR agree terms for Mauricio Isla. Loan deal with option to buy. Jordon Mutch to follow...
  • RetweetRetweeted 175 times175
  • FavouriteFavourited 85 times85
  • More

Jim White @JimWhite · Aug 6

Hearing that Peterborough striker Britt Assombalonga having medical at Nottingham Forest ahead of club record £5.5m move. #nffc #pufc
  • RetweetRetweeted 591 times591
  • FavouriteFavourited 193 times193
  • More

Jim White @JimWhite · Aug 9

Fraser Forster said to be excited about joining up with @england goalkeeping coach Dave Watson ahead of today's £10m move to #saintsfc.
  • RetweetRetweeted 122 times122
  • FavouriteFavourited 92 times92
  • More

Jim White @JimWhite · Aug 9

Fraser Forster about to be announced as a Southampton player. Medical passed and he's agreed personal terms. #saintsfc
  • RetweetRetweeted 278 times278
  • FavouriteFavourited 155 times155
  • More
Jim White @JimWhite · Aug 12

Just heard that striker Shane Long is on the move again. £12m fee agreed to take him from Hull City to Southampton. #saintsfc #hcafc
  • RetweetRetweeted 1,571 times1.6K
  • FavouriteFavourited 318 times318
  • More

Jim White @JimWhite · Aug 15

I understand Tim Sherwood will emerge as the clear favourite for the Palace job over the weekend. #CPFC

6 of those were broken by other people first. Only ones I dont know about are the peterborough and sherwood ones

Fine, ignoring everything, the truth is we've lost 3 pts because we had to field players like Ashley Young at LB due to not having sufficient squad to cope with it, transfers should of been made before now to cope with this situation.

Ashley Young as a LWB yes... but as a LB.... not a chance in ****. Infact I think Ashley Young is just a player who isn't good enough at any particular position but we just need him simply to fill one of them due to the inadequate cover.

For example, Isla? that was out a WEEK before White said anything, already in circles in italy

Fine, ignoring everything, the truth is we've lost 3 pts because we had to field players like Ashley Young at LB due to not having sufficient squad to cope with it, transfers should of been made before now to cope with this situation.

Ashley Young as a LWB yes... but as a LB.... not a chance in ****. Infact I think Ashley Young is just a player who isn't good enough at any particular position but we just need him simply to fill one of them due to the inadequate cover.
Injuries are to blame not new signings.

To be fair we moved for that cover player. Its actually the one thing you CANT blame Woodward for (Rojo). I know the point you're trying to make, but you've picked a bad example there

To be fair we moved for that cover player. Its actually the one thing you CANT blame Woodward for (Rojo). I know the point you're trying to make, but you've picked a bad example there
Plus we have Shaw,James,Blackett,Rafa who can all play LB but could not yesterday due to one reason or another evan Evans can play LB.

*Clap Clap* Mr.Woodward, he's managed to place a bid for Rojo which caused a ****-storm, which the Sporting director tends to like doing, even if it was more complicated with Doyen this time as well.

We've had all summer to get someone like Benatia, then wonder why we have to pay more now we're in the final 2 weeks of the window.

Anyway.... back to another 2 weeks of speculation and nothing. How long until there is concrete protests against the Glazers and fans will make themselves heard at Old Trafford?

It's a sickening situation now, squad isn't good enough - lacking QUALITY and DEPTH in key areas, players are there for a long time who have been earning a crust off United by doing absolutely nothing for the club.

It's time for fans to make a stand, unless things change urgently... my opinion and it appears is being shared by fair few others who are being heard more than I am.

There is one transfer for me that shouldnt fail: any move for Blind.

*Clap Clap* Mr.Woodward, he's managed to place a bid for Rojo which caused a ****-storm, which the Sporting director tends to like doing, even if it was more complicated with Doyen this time as well.

We've had all summer to get someone like Benatia, then wonder why we have to pay more now we're in the final 2 weeks of the window.

Anyway.... back to another 2 weeks of speculation and nothing. How long until there is concrete protests against the Glazers and fans will make themselves heard at Old Trafford?

It's a sickening situation now, squad isn't good enough - lacking QUALITY and DEPTH in key areas, players are there for a long time who have been earning a crust off United by doing absolutely nothing for the club.

It's time for fans to make a stand, unless things change urgently... my opinion and it appears is being shared by fair few others who are being heard more than I am.

Seriously, if you're blaming him for Rojo, you're being silly. I explained this yesterday. You can't overeact to each situation everytime you get a bit of bad news. I told you yesterday it wasnt solid

Fans make a stand? What stand? Fans have been complaining for years

Also if LVG isn't backed with the players he wants, the best thing he can do is make sure it be known loud and clear, then fans really will start to stand up, right now everyone is so unsure what the issue is which is delaying it.

Infact like a few other people on Twitter on Redcafe have mentioned, is it really beyond the realms of possibility that LVG will leave United if he doesn't get the backing he needs with players coming in? Would he really want to carry on and tarnish his reputation knowing full well this team he has is not capable of winning the title and will struggle for top 4?

LOL the club care not what we think!

I'm amazed people think that Woodward should have been able to see sporting having a meltdown with doyen. That's not a norma thing by any means

Also if LVG isn't backed with the players he wants, the best thing he can do is make sure it be known loud and clear, then fans really will start to stand up, right now everyone is so unsure what the issue is which is delaying it.

Infact like a few other people on Twitter on Redcafe have mentioned, is it really beyond the realms of possibility that LVG will leave United if he doesn't get the backing he needs with players coming in? Would he really want to carry on and tarnish his reputation knowing full well this team he has is not capable of winning the title and will struggle for top 4?

Wow, you really are overreacting now.

Yes, yes it is beyond the realms. didnt realise people were jumping the shark already.

LVG puts more pressure on himself than anyone. he knew exactly what the task was. He'll make his point exceedingly clearly and work with what he has, while needling woodward

Guys, from now on, can we have breakdowns once we have all the facts, and not before?

Wow, you really are overreacting now.

Yes, yes it is beyond the realms. didnt realise people were jumping the shark already.

LVG puts more pressure on himself than anyone. he knew exactly what the task was. He'll make his point exceedingly clearly and work with what he has, while needling woodward

If the board or Woodward isn't delivering it makes his job impossible, he can only do so much with these players, he's not going to make an unbalanced squad - balanced, without having new additions.

Furthermore, LVG has made all the comments already which points to it, "We can sign a player within 24 hours" "I need defenders" "We don't have wingers like Di Maria or Ronaldo" "I know this squad isn't capable" (of winning the title, or however he worded it, it was similar).

Then obviously mentioning he needs players yesterday, it goes on and on. "I have inherited a broken squad".

Back