The Manchester United Thread

He would of definitely offered us something yesterday. The first goal could of been prevented if our midfield had of tracked back better.

Whether he is quite ready is a bit of a moot point because he's better or at least offers something we don't have and United are desperate with a distinct lack of alternatives seemingly available now.

One thing I don't understand is ... Didn't LVG give a list of players to Woodward before he came? What exactly happened to that list? Not looking to blame anyone here but just curious ...

One thing I don't understand is ... Didn't LVG give a list of players to Woodward before he came? What exactly happened to that list? Not looking to blame anyone here but just curious ...

Yep... He said he'd given it way before he even arrived. The same optimists in here were saying Woody and co were working on them until LVG had assessed the squad and given the green light. Considering Lvg has come out multiple times he now needs these players, that theory has been blown out the water.

But but but ... I thought players don't care about the CL when they make decisions regarding transfers?

Edit: I don't want to start this again but if what you say it's true, it vindicates what I have been saying all along that for top players who have top clubs chasing after them, CL does play a part in their decision making calculus. The extent to which it does differs but it's stupid to say the factor is completely insignificant
I never said it was not an issue. Just that some players would still sign.

ya we all know about that list news and if there is really a list we should have sign more than 2 players now

But but but ... I thought players don't care about the CL when they make decisions regarding transfers?

Edit: I don't want to start this again but if what you say it's true, it vindicates what I have been saying all along that for top players who have top clubs chasing after them, CL does play a part in their decision making calculus. The extent to which it does differs but it's stupid to say the factor is completely insignificant

Of course it's a factor. There's potentially a ton of factors that influence a player's decision. You said we'd be unable to sign ANY top players, which is why you got ridiculed.

Yep... He said he'd given it way before he even arrived. The same optimists in here were saying Woody and co were working on them until LVG had assessed the squad and given the green light. Considering Lvg has come out multiple times he now needs these players, that theory has been blown out the water.
Not at all yes he has assed the squad. Now Woody will be after players which LVG wants, we cant make players sign for us.

Of course it's a factor. There's potentially a ton of factors that influence a player's decision. You said we'd be unable to sign ANY top players, which is why you got ridiculed.

I said it make it more difficult for you to sign top players and Benatia is a top player who has just decided to reject you on the basis of CL if reports are true

i know it's hard but man utd is a big club and louis van gaal have lots of money, if i am the manager,I will just accept the club demands to buy big name players.

I said it make it more difficult for you to sign top players and Benatia is a top player who has just decided to reject you on the basis of CL if reports are true
That's whats being reported not fact, there are still people linking him to us and saying Bayern links are false. No one has a clue thiss window lol.

Back