The Manchester United Thread

Don't want to post but will. Nearly all reliable German press Bild,Honingstein etc reporting Benatia nearly complete 30euros. And a bad injury to Schweiny will see them go all out for Vidal or Khedira.

If the board or Woodward isn't delivering it makes his job impossible, he can only do so much with these players, he's not going to make an unbalanced squad - balanced, without having new additions.

Furthermore, LVG has made all the comments already which points to it, "We can sign a player within 24 hours" "I need defenders" "We don't have wingers like Di Maria or Ronaldo" "I know this squad isn't capable" (of winning the title, or however he worded it, it was similar).

Then obviously mentioning he needs players yesterday, it goes on and on. "I have inherited a broken squad".
You're telling me stuff I already know. But tell me where that even remotely suggests he could leave. Or is worried. He actually said. I am calm. When he said broken he was talking about morale. You're taking bits out of context and stringing them together

You're telling me stuff I already know. But tell me where that even remotely suggests he could leave. Or is worried. He actually said. I am calm. When he said broken he was talking about morale. You're taking bits out of context and stringing them together

Nothing suggests it, I'm just saying if he doesn't get the players he wants, then would it be beyond the realms of possibility? Or would he want to stay for a season knowing he's fighting a losing battle.

Nothing suggests it, I'm just saying if he doesn't get the players he wants, then would it be beyond the realms of possibility? Or would he want to stay for a season knowing he's fighting a losing battle.
You don't understand LVG at all if you think he would even countenance leaving now. People told him that Netherlands couldnt get out the groups. He simply answered: Bullshit. Unlike fans he isn't prone to panic

Considering this is his last job in football I cant see him leaving, plus has told board it will take time to change things.

Considering this is his last job in football I cant see him leaving, plus has told board it will take time to change things.

You're right, it will the way we deal with transfers! We're waiting for the next Ferdinand, Vidic, Ronaldo, Scholes, to come through the academy it seems!

Now is the time to panic, 3 pts lost due to our inadequacy, Champions League spots can be decided on the small margins.

You're right, it will the way we deal with transfers! We're waiting for the next Ferdinand, Vidic, Ronaldo, Scholes, to come through the academy it seems!

Now is the time to panic, 3 pts lost due to our inadequacy, Champions League spots can be decided on the small margins.

Can you not have a meltdown after losing just 3 pts? Did you have a meltdown when Fergie lost a game? No. You know why? Cause he proved himself to be a good manager. Van Gaal is a good manager. ******* trust him.

Nothing will be decided on 1 game LVG said this after the match yesterday, think we should leave transfers till window is closed tbh. We do have some real quality coming through the youth sides just not ready yet. We also lost 3 points due to injuries. If we would of had Evans,Valencia,Rafael,Shaw,Carrick and a fully fit Fellaini,Januza and RVP I am pretty sure we would have won also loosing Lingard early and James picking up a knock in training did not help. Along with other things like hitting the post Rooney blocking Januzaj shot that was going in and the peno we should of had.

Can you not have a meltdown after losing just 3 pts? Did you have a meltdown when Fergie lost a game? No. You know why? Cause he proved himself to be a good manager. Van Gaal is a good manager. ******* trust him.

The squad may of been on the thin streak at times but we still had the experience of players like Giggs, but more importantly in the back like we hadn't lost Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra all in one window. Relying on players like Ashley Young as a Left Back and players with no experience at the highest-level such as Blackett and Lingard for the first game of the season. Not even including Buttner as well... who would of been useful at this moment.

We've made less signings than all of the top 4 teams and furthermore, I'm not doubting LVG, but he needs the tools to do the job. Right now he doesn't have the tools to fight for the title (he's admitted), he will struggle for top 4 with the current setup (just a fact) and he's admitted we need players, time and time again - meanwhile we've had a sniff of.... *drum roll* Marcos Rojo ladies and gentleman, with 2 weeks left to go, bravo bravo.

Not even including Buttner as well... who would of been useful at this moment.

You can't really blame anyone from united about Buttner leaving. He didn't feel rated by LVG coz he never got selected for the dutch team. He made his transfer before the WC was over, so LVG didn't have time to talk with him.

Anyways, please don't buy Blind! Or atleast send him back on a season long loan :)

You can't really blame anyone from united about Buttner leaving. He didn't feel rated by LVG coz he never got selected for the dutch team. He made his transfer before the WC was over, so LVG didn't have time to talk with him.

Anyways, please don't buy Blind! Or atleast send him back on a season long loan :)

Why? Are you not understanding Ashley Young as a LB at the moment? Darren Fletcher a key part of our midfield?

I personally think a lot of it was down to 1st game of the season nerves more than anything. You can say what you like about signings players not being good enough, but even the likes of Mata,Rooney,Herrera,Januzaj were guilty of misplacing passes and wrong decision making. LVG even said as much in the presser afterwards.

Impending meltdown

tumblr_n2pewqs80m1s0xjvpo1_500.gif

Why? Are you not understanding Ashley Young as a LB at the moment? Darren Fletcher a key part of our midfield?

Because i'm supporting Ajax ;)
EDIT: And because i think he doesn't have enough body yet to be a regular starter in the PL.

Last edited:
CL was the biggest factor apparently.

But but but ... I thought players don't care about the CL when they make decisions regarding transfers?

Edit: I don't want to start this again but if what you say it's true, it vindicates what I have been saying all along that for top players who have top clubs chasing after them, CL does play a part in their decision making calculus. The extent to which it does differs but it's stupid to say the factor is completely insignificant

Because i'm supporting Ajax ;)
EDIT: And because i think he doesn't have enough body yet to be a regular starter in the PL.

He would of definitely offered us something yesterday. The first goal could of been prevented if our midfield had of tracked back better.

Whether he is quite ready is a bit of a moot point because he's better or at least offers something we don't have and United are desperate with a distinct lack of alternatives seemingly available now.

Back