The Manchester United Thread

He aint gash mate by any means. Can cover in 3 positions, I watched him a lot last season and in WC. He is quick,athetic,good in air, and has a decent shot as well as being good on the ball. And will only get better as he is young. My mate who supports them rates him highly and said will be gutted if he leaves, which he seems likely after all this trouble.

I'll gladly take your word for it and ignore a couple of mates who just don't rate him but neither are united fans so.

I'll gladly take your word for it and ignore a couple of mates who just don't rate him but neither are united fans so.
Suppose everyone sees different things mate. What did you think of him at WC? Good enough for us as a starter in odd game/cover for Shaw. Just after your opinion:)

Suppose everyone sees different things mate. What did you think of him at WC? Good enough for us as a starter in odd game/cover for Shaw. Just after your opinion:)

In a back three i'd start him over jones or smalling if evans is fit that is, don't know why i just don't rate them two as much as others do, i think smalling is very poor on the ball. In a back four i'd have him as backup to either shaw or LCB.

Tbh i thought he was really good at the WC and for me stood out with garay in their defence.

Again though Benatia/Evans would be class for me, sadly we probably won't get benatia or evans won't truly get over his persistent injuries.

In a back three i'd start him over jones or smalling if evans is fit that is, don't know why i just don't rate them two as much as others do, i think smalling is very poor on the ball. In a back four i'd have him as backup to either shaw or LCB.

Tbh i thought he was really good at the WC and for me stood out with garay in their defence.
Agree i thought had good world cup, would start with Smalling,Jones and Rojo i a 3 if was me. LOL forgot Obertan still plays for Newcastle.

Agree i thought had good world cup, would start with Smalling,Jones and Rojo i a 3 if was me. LOL forgot Obertan still plays for Newcastle.

How has obertan played for so long in this league and for two clubs like united and newcastle.

Again though Benatia/Evans would be class for me, sadly we probably won't get benatia or evans won't truly get over his persistent injuries.

Oh you mean that guy who would of been perfect for us but another one we missed out on.... for a relatively small fee.

Oh you mean that guy who would of been perfect for us but another one we missed out on.... for a relatively small fee.

The guy who apparently we would have signed if not for moyes along with strootman, just rumours lads don't have ago at me for having another go at moyes.

The guy who apparently we would have signed if not for moyes along with strootman, just rumours lads don't have ago at me for having another go at moyes.

Don't forget Thiago..... how can anyone forget that shambles.

We never missed out on him as he wanted CL football, and he is on silly wages and his agent got shed loads.

Glazers would be proud of you, what difference does it make anyway... we're now going to pay premium for someone, assuming we actually sign someone, in these last few weeks anyway.

We never missed out on him as he wanted CL football, and he is on silly wages and his agent got shed loads.

Tbf it looked nailed on under fergie and then he retired so it sort of put that deal in doubt, we were linked to him for months in 2013 before the season ended.

Glazers would be proud of you, what difference does it make anyway... we're now going to pay premium for someone, assuming we actually sign someone, in these last few weeks anyway.
I hope so :P what can you do if he chose them for CL/bigger wages mate. We were always gonna have to pay a prem on anyone after last season. Thiago did we even bid no one reliable said that I can think of. He was gonna go there once Pep came calling.

I hope so :P what can you do if he chose them for CL/bigger wages mate. We were always gonna have to pay a prem on anyone after last season. Thiago did we even bid no one reliable said that I can think of. He was gonna go there once Pep came calling.

We can use that excuse for every player who has moved to another club, assuming they are in the CL. But we can always grumble about agent fees, or this, or that, or whatever.

Fact of the matter is, we don't really know whether we even in for him concretely and furthermore, now is not the time to make excuses as to why we didn't sign these players, it's time for desperation and getting players through the door, that's the job of Woodward to actually make these players join!

I hardly doubt he would of turned United down for Zenit though. We probably weren't even in for him, like usual.

Tbf it looked nailed on under fergie and then he retired so it sort of put that deal in doubt, we were linked to him for months in 2013 before the season ended.
Think a lot of that was rumours more than us actually bidding mate. Plus when Fergie was sniffing around or rumoured to be. We had Vidic,Ferdie,Smalling,Jones,Evans,Keane.

Garay was a fergie target, moyes clearly didn't want him and LVG probably didn't either i think it's that simple.

We can use that excuse for every player who has moved to another club, assuming they are in the CL. But we can always grumble about agent fees, or this, or that, or whatever.

Fact of the matter is, we don't really know whether we even in for him concretely and furthermore, now is not the time to make excuses as to why we didn't sign these players, it's time for desperation and getting players through the door, that's the job of Woodward to actually make these players join!

I hardly doubt he would of turned United down for Zenit though. We probably weren't even in for him, like usual.
Like I said Garay stuff was a lot of talk mainly. And Woody cant make a player do anything. Not quite time for desperation LOL.

Think a lot of that was rumours more than us actually bidding mate. Plus when Fergie was sniffing around or rumoured to be. We had Vidic,Ferdie,Smalling,Jones,Evans,Keane.

Maybe fergie was planning on moving rio on and saw that evans/jones had injury problems.

Fantastic squad? Are you f'ing kidding me, Ed Woodward is that you?
You are frankly an idiot if you can't see how good our squad really is. great striker options, 5 midfielders a whole bunch of quality 10's who can play on the wings if need be. Rafeal and Shaw. Smalling Jones and Evans looking strong. As well as back up in a lot of areas. Like I said signings are needed but we aren't the mid table team you think we are. You are basing your opinions on gossip and unconfirmed reports. Suggesting **** that the club aren't behind LVG and he may leave if he doesn't get the players he wants.
All you do is ***** about Woody, how we should have signed this that and who by now and we can't compete against teams who we would have beaten 9/10 when Fergie was here.
You are quite possibly the most depressing fan I have seen and you clearly have no faith in the team or our youth prospects. And quite frankly you are boring me with it. Coming in this thread day in day out saying the exact same **** as the day before. I don't think this thread has seen a decent convo for a while because it always somehow comes back to you having another meltdown.

Like I said Garay stuff was a lot of talk mainly. And Woody cant make a player do anything. Not quite time for desperation LOL.

Well rather now than deadline day, #Fellaini.

At least still actually have some players worthy of United to target... not that I'm holding my breath.

Back