The Manchester United Thread

Garay was a fergie target, moyes clearly didn't want him and LVG probably didn't either i think it's that simple.
He was mate but never went for him due to having 6 CBs already which was same for Moyes. Like ZZeezy said it was all a lot of rumours nothing concrete in place for Garay.

Like I said Garay stuff was a lot of talk mainly. And Woody cant make a player do anything. Not quite time for desperation LOL.

I think you have to understand that many fans are sick of the glazers and after the moyes reign are now very much worried that we are now falling behind liverpool and arsenal not only in football terms but in the transfer market.

You can see people's frustration when the club always go on about how rich we are and what we can spend and attracting the best talent.

Just like how i see and understand why you and many others are find with things, people just have a different mentality.

You are frankly an idiot if you can't see how good our squad really is. great striker options, 5 midfielders a whole bunch of quality 10's who can play on the wings if need be. Rafeal and Shaw. Smalling Jones and Evans looking strong. As well as back up in a lot of areas. Like I said signings are needed but we aren't the mid table team you think we are. You are basing your opinions on gossip and unconfirmed reports. Suggesting **** that the club aren't behind LVG and he may leave if he doesn't get the players he wants.
All you do is ***** about Woody, how we should have signed this that and who by now and we can't compete against teams who we would have beaten 9/10 when Fergie was here.
You are quite possibly the most depressing fan I have seen and you clearly have no faith in the team or our youth prospects. And quite frankly you are boring me with it. Coming in this thread day in day out saying the exact same **** as the day before. I don't think this thread has seen a decent convo for a while because it always somehow comes back to you having another meltdown.

Come on pal the defence and especially the midfield is a shambles. Fellaini, cleverely, fletcher and anderson are all not good enough to be key players in a first 11, that leaves carrick and ander.

We have two quality strikers and a couple of quality no10's i agree with that.

I think you have to understand that many fans are sick of the glazers and after the moyes reign are now very much worried that we are now falling behind liverpool and arsenal not only in football terms but in the transfer market.

You can see people's frustration when the club always go on about how rich we are and what we can spend and attracting the best talent.

Just like how i see and understand why you and many others are find with things, people just have a different mentality.
We really are not mate Liverpool,City,Arsenal were all poo this weekend. All them teams still have huge weaknesses. I understand people mate but lets judge after window closes and not 1 game into season with 2 weeks left.

We really are not mate Liverpool,City,Arsenal were all poo this weekend. All them teams still have huge weaknesses. I understand people mate but lets judge after window closes and not 1 game into season with 2 weeks left.

Well if we are going on the present and just last season which you should in football, liverpool nearly won the league and arsenal won the fa cup and erm we finished 7th while playing the worst football a united side has played in some 20 odd years.

Well if we are going on the present and just last season which you should in football, liverpool nearly won the league and arsenal won the fa cup and erm we finished 7th while playing the worst football a united side has played in some 20 odd years.
That was down to manager not squad. All our rivals have signed more players and nearly 80-100m each so far and played the same if not worse in this 1st weekend.

Come on pal the defence and especially the midfield is a shambles. Fellaini, cleverely, fletcher and anderson are all not good enough to be key players in a first 11, that leaves carrick and ander.

We have two quality strikers and a couple of quality no10's i agree with that.
I agree with Fellaini and anderson, but Cleverly is a decent back up, Fletch is a **** good player, just had a shocker yesterday, Carrick and Ander obvs our best MC's. RVP Rooney and Welbeck and Wilson. Our Defense is not that bad unless we have injurys to it, We have Smalling jones and Evans back three with Rafeal and Shaw on the WB's. Blackett and Keane as back up.Like I said we do need transfers epescially in defense and I won't deny that. Look at our squad compared to other top 4 contenders and is not as bad as some think. This is 90% the same squad Fergie managed to win a title with remember and no one really had an issue with it then (aside from midfield)

Before I start I want to point out I'm a United fan.

Our great club is turning into a shambles on the pitch. All of this transfer talk about vidal,di Maria etc is bollocks. The glazers will not pay premium price for players no matter what Woodward says in the press. They are more concerned with sponsorship deals and lining their pockets with our clubs money. Our squad is along way off city's,liver pools Chelsea's and arsenals. We have young/nani they have Sanchez,hazard or sterling. We have Anderson,fletcher,fellani they have Wiltshire,toure,fabregas or gerrard. We have little or no pace they have sturridge,aguero,hazard,Walcott.
Huge amounts of money is unfortunately needed to be invested in the squad. Not on players who might come good in a few years but who are world class now. Until the glazers decide to **** off United will struggle to compete with the new top four clubs. This is not a reaction to one game but 39 games. Woodward needs to hire someone to take on the responsibility of signing players if he's not upto the job, presuming he is at fault and not the fact that the money men are tight wankers. All of the big teams in England and Europe have done most if not all of their major signings. United have not.

i hope I'm wrong, please United prove me wrong because look how long it's taken Liverpool to at least look like they can challenge.

Before I start I want to point out I'm a United fan.

Our great club is turning into a shambles on the pitch. All of this transfer talk about vidal,di Maria etc is bollocks. The glazers will not pay premium price for players no matter what Woodward says in the press. They are more concerned with sponsorship deals and lining their pockets with our clubs money. Our squad is along way off city's,liver pools Chelsea's and arsenals. We have young/nani they have Sanchez,hazard or sterling. We have Anderson,fletcher,fellani they have Wiltshire,toure,fabregas or gerrard. We have little or no pace they have sturridge,aguero,hazard,Walcott.
Huge amounts of money is unfortunately needed to be invested in the squad. Not on players who might come good in a few years but who are world class now. Until the glazers decide to **** off United will struggle to compete with the new top four clubs. This is not a reaction to one game but 39 games. Woodward needs to hire someone to take on the responsibility of signing players if he's not upto the job, presuming he is at fault and not the fact that the money men are tight wankers. All of the big teams in England and Europe have done most if not all of their major signings. United have not.

i hope I'm wrong, please United prove me wrong because look how long it's taken Liverpool to at least look like they can challenge.
You name all there players against ours but ours won the league against theres the year before Moyes came. Dout our squad has got **** all of a sudden.

We might be as good as we were in 2012/2013, but everyone else have gone only better from that time.. While we have stayed the same.

No. But there's has got better than ours through better investment whilst we have lost vidic,Ferdinand and evra( rightly so because of age but sadly not replaced). And when we last won the league the other teams all had bad domestic form. One last victory for what was a great squad. United have become to slow on the ball with no pace to get in behind and stretch a defence. I doubt any team thinks 'oh **** we've got United at the weekend'.

We might be as good as we were in 2012/2013, but everyone else have gone only better from that time.. While we have stayed the same.
Not going on performances this weekend, despite them all spending millions and all our injuries.

No. But there's has got better than ours through better investment whilst we have lost vidic,Ferdinand and evra( rightly so because of age but sadly not replaced). And when we last won the league the other teams all had bad domestic form. One last victory for what was a great squad. United have become to slow on the ball with no pace to get in behind and stretch a defence. I doubt any team thinks 'oh **** we've got United at the weekend'.
No one is saying we dont need investment but the window is not closed yet this is what most are trying to say.

No one is saying we dont need investment but the window is not closed yet this is what most are trying to say.
What I'm saying is we won't invest, or not to the the quality we need. All the other big clubs have done probably 90% + of their business. Van gaal is a superb manager but sadly you can't polish a ****!!!!!!!

You are frankly an idiot if you can't see how good our squad really is. great striker options, 5 midfielders a whole bunch of quality 10's who can play on the wings if need be. Rafeal and Shaw. Smalling Jones and Evans looking strong. As well as back up in a lot of areas. Like I said signings are needed but we aren't the mid table team you think we are. You are basing your opinions on gossip and unconfirmed reports. Suggesting **** that the club aren't behind LVG and he may leave if he doesn't get the players he wants.
All you do is ***** about Woody, how we should have signed this that and who by now and we can't compete against teams who we would have beaten 9/10 when Fergie was here.
You are quite possibly the most depressing fan I have seen and you clearly have no faith in the team or our youth prospects. And quite frankly you are boring me with it. Coming in this thread day in day out saying the exact same **** as the day before. I don't think this thread has seen a decent convo for a while because it always somehow comes back to you having another meltdown.

And you are quite clearly blinded by the fact you've taken everything I've said out of proportion.

Never said LVG was going to leave, what I said was is it beyond the realms of possibility that LVG would leave if he didn't get the players he wants (he has publically admitted to handing Woody a list of targets, inheriting a broken squad, needing players etc etc).

I never said we're a midtable team, however we finished 7th last season and have we improved the squad significantly more than anyone else above us? In my opinion no. Add to that fact we've lost more key players than those we have brought in. We've only made 2 signings for god sake and they were not even on LVG's list, they were from the old regime, so Woody had plenty of time to work on these.

I may be repeating myself in this thread, but at the end of the day, we're repeatedly not doing the right things off the pitch to address our onfield issues.

You say this is a fantastic squad? I say take another look.

Strikers and no.10's is our relatively strong area, although I have to point out, we haven't seen the best of Mata or Kagawa yet, especially the latter, who we may never see the best of. To say these can play on the wings is rubbish as well, they have shown no evidence that in the current team/setup they can perform and do a job for us on the wings. Apart from perhaps Januzaj last season who was good. Again I'm not counting what Mata has done at Valencia or Kagawa for Japan because it's totally different scenarios.

Woodward keeps talking and nothing keeps happening. Just take a look at what he said in that MUTV interview. We're apparently the biggest club in the world, with an unlimited budget, so we'll "watch this space".

Now to the actual realisation of the squad frailties.... Smalling and Jones have been shifted from pillar to post over the last few seasons and have shown absolutely no consistency and furthermore, a whole ton of injuries. So we're meant to now in this season where top 4 is a must, rely on these two + Evans (who actually picks up a fair few injuries himself) to carry us through this season? We have no natural leader here, no first-team backup at all.... we are relying on unproven youth players such as Blackett or Keane.

Now with the Full-Back/Wing-Back situation.... we have 1 Left Back proven at Premier League first-team level..... Luke Shaw... who has just come in and is still young with relative inexperience. He has already picked up an injury and who is our cover for him? Ashley ****** Young..... he's not good enough to be a winger, now suddenly converted to play somewhere further back as we have NO OPTIONS WHAT SOEVER.

Yesterday we played Jesse Lingard as a Wing-Back.... we all know this isn't his natural position and yet again we're only playing him there because we had no depth at RB/RWB whatsoever.... ok Rafael is arguably our only natural one, but he's consistently inconsistent and picks up injuries like god knows what. Then there is just Valencia... another failed winger who we have in the squad who is just meant to be a backup there, by the way... he was injured as well.

Due to our inadequacy of having any great wingers we can't even effectively play a 4-3-3 at the moment, which as you should know is LVG's preferred formation.

Now going to the other weak area.... midfield..... Ander Herrera, a new signing, is he a Paul Scholes? No. Have we replaced Paul Scholes? No. Do we have a Roy Keane type authortive combative figure who we can play next to him? No and No. Is Darren Fletcher good enough? In my opinion not, he showed a bit of form in pre-season now you're rating him as excellent/very good or whatever. He hasn't shown yet whether he can reach the level he did before his illness and furthermore, we are now heavy reliant on him to perform for us consistently... due to what reason?

Oh yes, Depth. We have Marouane Fellaini and Anderson.... Need I say anything about them? Then Tom Cleverley, who may at one point be a good alternative option, but for the last few seasons he has been absolute pants and he isn't the type of midfielder we need so badly, especially as we have kind of sorted that by getting Ander Herrera. Is Ander Herrera going to be good enough? Only time will tell, but right now we don't have any kind of balance in this midfield and quite frankly our backup options are beyond a joke for supposedly "the biggest club in the world". Ok you could argue we have Michael Carrick to come back but he's what, 33/34 now? And he's slowly fading out at his time here, he's had a poor last season and there is no certainty he will offer anything more to this side instead of Fletcher.

What I'm saying is we won't invest, or not to the the quality we need. All the other big clubs have done probably 90% + of their business. Van gaal is a superb manager but sadly you can't polish a ****!!!!!!!
Our starting 11 is as good as any when we have full fit squad. **** is very harsh! We need depth and quality no one is denying this. Lets judge after the window!

Exactly, people saying this squad was champions and blah blah is just diverting the issues again. The competition is much fiercer now and the opponents are a lot better, obviously.

Sorry but zzeezzy is a quality poster whether people see it as moaning or not he has fantastic points especially about people who claim the current squad is good enough.

Back