The Manchester United Thread

So much drivel in this thread.

First and foremost we need out players back from injury. Injuries will hurt us far more than lack of signings. Keep players relative tight and fit gives as a strong chance of top 4.

Beyond that we need another CB and LWB cover. We need to hope we can salvage the Rojo deal, which is a tough call.

Now to be comfortable in the top 4/mount title challenge, we need another defender.

To be serious title contenders we need a midfielder, and a very strong wide attacking player, preferably one comfortable on both blanks.

None of the above signings matter if we have 9 players out every week.

Sorry but zzeezzy is a quality poster whether people see it as moaning or not he has fantastic points especially about people who claim the current squad is good enough.

It is good enough for 3rd 4th, not beyond that. It's biggest issue is injury proneness. He is an excellent poster when he isnt massively overreacting, because then he types without thinking.

First and foremost we need out players back from injury. Injuries will hurt us far more than lack of signings. Keep players relative tight and fit gives as a strong chance of top 4.

Beyond that we need another CB and LWB cover. We need to hope we can salvage the Rojo deal, which is a tough call.

Now to be comfortable in the top 4/mount title challenge, we need another defender.

To be serious title contenders we need a midfielder, and a very strong wide attacking player, preferably one comfortable on both blanks.

And we need to rely on Fletcher performing anywhere near his old-level consistently to give our midfield any hope alongside Ander Herrera, which seems pretty far-fetched in itself. I can't see how he is ever going to be the same player. Pre-season you can't take anything out of it really.

Pretty much what most are saying just in a different way, i'd honestly say right back also and i have for about two years rafael imo isn't as good as the red tinted specs lot make out and he has injuries problems which isn't the lads fault.

Also this midfield talk would have been diverted if fergie never relied so much on scholes and having dare i say blind faith in anderson and cleverley.

Moment fletch got ill we should have signed someone to cover the very next window.

Oh and Bayern's technical director denies being in Rome. so unless Benatia is seen in a Bayern shirt in Munich, or it appears on either clubs site, its not happened yet

And we need to rely on Fletcher performing anywhere near his old-level consistently to give our midfield any hope alongside Ander Herrera, which seems pretty far-fetched in itself. I can't see how he is ever going to be the same player. Pre-season you can't take anything out of it really.

Once Carrick returns fletcher is cover. Fletcher was back to his self end of season.

Our starting 11 is as good as any when we have full fit squad. **** is very harsh! We need depth and quality no one is denying this. Lets judge after the window!
Are you joking? Our starting 11 is not as good as Chelsea's or city's. Arsenal and Liverpool are probably on a par but they look like they have a better team ethic. We only managed to beat arsenal last year out of these teams, and that was only 1-0 at home. United have had so much their own way for the last 20 odd years that us fans have become blinded that by thinking because we are United we are better. Sadly we are slipping away quickly. History guarantees absolutely nothing.

Pretty much what most are saying just in a different way, i'd honestly say right back also and i have for about two years rafael imo isn't as good as the red tinted specs lot make out and he has injuries problems which isn't the lads fault.

Also this midfield talk would have been diverted if fergie never relied so much on scholes and having dare i say blind faith in anderson and cleverley.

Moment fletch got ill we should have signed someone to cover the very next window.

If thats what people are saying I cant tell, because everyone is screaming at each other. Everyone needs to just simmer down a bit. we're probably all saying the same thing.

I give up this is getting ******* boring!!!!!!!!!!! This thread has been ruined since window has been open. I hope Mike or one of the Mods do something about this!!!!!!!!! I am not the only one who thinks this either!

Oh and Bayern's technical director denies being in Rome. so unless Benatia is seen in a Bayern shirt in Munich, or it appears on either clubs site, its not happened yet

The funny thing is.... that all hyped up out of relatively no where. Guardiola was quoted as saying he wanted a young Centre-Back, I don't think Benatia would fit Guardiola's vision of young.

Not that I'm confident of us getting him, I still think we'll baulk and go for an easier player, price-wise anyway... Ron Vlaar on deadline day?

Fletch will never be back even close to his 08-10 form.

On the injuries, was hargreaves right about our poor medical staff? Only arsenal seem to suffer as much or are the likes of rafael, evans, jones, rvp just injury prone.

Zzeezzy, chill out pal, you'll realise we're mostly on the same wavelength

The funny thing is.... that all hyped up out of relatively no where. Guardiola was quoted as saying he wanted a young Centre-Back, I don't think Benatia would fit Guardiola's vision of young.

Not that I'm confident of us getting him, I still think we'll baulk and go for an easier player, price-wise anyway... Ron Vlaar on deadline day?

It hyped up the same way Benatia to us got hyped. You see why I always try and wait for more independent sources?

Everyone is a bit jumpy. It's been a pretty grim last year, lets not rip on each other (that includes me). There are gonna be ups and downs, and we're probably all gonna be relying on each other haha

It hyped up the same way Benatia to us got hyped. You see why I always try and wait for more independent sources?

Yes, but I still trust Jim White as much as anyone, when he posts something, regardless of whatever he was first or last, it usually seems to happen.

But anyway, have you seen this? Via SSN article: -

[h=1]Transfer news: Manchester United continue pursuit of Marcos Rojo[/h]
Rojo is now expected to make the move to Old Trafford but if the deal does fall through, United will turn their attention to Stuttgart’s Antonio Rudiger.

Yes, but I still trust Jim White as much as anyone, when he posts something, regardless of whatever he was first or last, it usually seems to happen.

But anyway, have you seen this? Via SSN article: -

Transfer news: Manchester United continue pursuit of Marcos Rojo

Rojo is now expected to make the move to Old Trafford but if the deal does fall through, United will turn their attention to Stuttgart’s Antonio Rudiger.

For your sanity, dont put as much as trust in him as you do.

Come on guys lets all chill out. We are all obviously passionate about our great club, and want us to do well. We should be looking forward to the new season! Lets leave our arguing for the Scoucers lol and the noisey neighbours.

The funny thing is.. it's not any different anywhere else, RedCafe, Twitter, Facebook.

Many fans is worried about something at the moment, whether it be our lack of transfers, our really poor start against Swansea (which tbh even took me by surprise, as I thought we'd walk over them, a midfield of Ki and Shelvey >.>).

Added to the last season of doom and the Glazers.

And the child who was named by their parents Edward Woodward for those who wants to know how to pronounce it (Ed - Wood - Wood - Wood).

The funny thing is.. it's not any different anywhere else, RedCafe, Twitter, Facebook.

Many fans is worried about something at the moment, whether it be our lack of transfers, our really poor start against Swansea (which tbh even took me by surprise, as I thought we'd walk over them, a midfield of Ki and Shelvey >.>).

And the child who was named by their parents Edward Woodward for those who wants to know how to pronounce it (Ed - Wood - Wood - Wood).

Thats because football fans are prone to mass overreactions in both directions. Remove the emotion for a bit and see things with a clear head, which is hard to do I admit.

Managed by Gary ****** Monk.

Yesterday didn't bother me that much, my concern has all been with the glazers, woodward and our transfer market "philosohpy" or "tactics"

Ohh and the fact we still have the likes of nani, young and anderson roaming around the place.

Back