The Manchester United Thread

My optimism with us and signing anyone decent before the transfer window is close to nil. Quite frankly disgusted with how we've dealt with this window so far as there has been clearly players available that we badly needed, for prices you'd expect for top players.

Pilib de Brún @Malachians · 1m

@DTguardian confirming that Benatia was never in Utds thinking, Benatia was plan B for City to Mangala which Utd knew & never challenged

Anaheim, CAPilib de Brún @Malachians · 2m

@DTguardian confirming Utd pushing hard for Di Maria, expects Utd to make big moves last 2 weeks of the window.

Anaheim, CAPilib de Brún @Malachians · 4m

@DTguardian confirming Utd pulled out of Mangala deal due to Utd determining him as too expensive

Anaheim, CAPilib de Brún @Malachians · 6m

@DTguardian saying trying to reignite protests over the Glazers not spending is too late. Chickens coming home to roost.

My optimism with us and signing anyone decent before the transfer window is close to nil. Quite frankly disgusted with how we've dealt with this window so far as there has been clearly players available that we badly needed, for prices you'd expect for top players.

@DTguardian confirming that Benatia was never in Utds thinking, Benatia was plan B for City to Mangala which Utd knew & never challenged

@DTguardian confirming Utd pushing hard for Di Maria, expects Utd to make big moves last 2 weeks of the window.

@DTguardian confirming Utd pulled out of Mangala deal due to Utd determining him as too expensive

@DTguardian saying trying to reignite protests over the Glazers not spending is too late. Chickens coming home to roost.

which available players have we readily ignored tbf?

There is no way I would want us to ever pay £32m for Mangala, thats insane.

I'm sure we won't be signing Benatia. Even City couldn't agree fee with Roma for him and I'm not sure we can.

Absolutely top class CB and would take our defense to next level easily.

he isnt that left sided though, which is a big deal. If Agger wasnt a Liverpool player, we'd have been for him too.

Well according to reliable people Mangala was more keen on us than City but we baulked.

Benatia is available for a decent price and we haven't even got the stomach to pay £30m for him it appears, well not even on our ****** radar.

Cuadrado was available - that opportunity has seemingly gone.

Daley Blind - no moves seem to be taken at the moment.

Probably missed some others as well, I'm just really sick of this transfer window and how little we've actually done. Di Maria is another example, I find it rather convenient that we're "making big moves" now, despite knowing for a long time he's available at a premium price. It's all just probably briefed to make the fans think like they are going to do a big move..... which won't happen.

Woody's talking in the summer and before the summer hasn't helped anyones expectations of us in this window either.

I think we have been slow rather than ignoring targets. I have no issue with the club waiting till after tour to make deals happens but they need to be done quicker. although if they are tied to players out you can see the issue.

Strange transfer policy we have, benatia not in thinking even after losing rio and vidic.

Well according to reliable people Mangala was more keen on us than City but we baulked.

Benatia is available for a decent price and we haven't even got the stomach to pay £30m for him it appears, well not even on our ****** radar.

Cuadrado was available - that opportunity has seemingly gone.

Daley Blind - no moves seem to be taken at the moment.

Probably missed some others as well, I'm just really sick of this transfer window and how little we've actually done. Di Maria is another example, I find it rather convenient that we're "making big moves" now, despite knowing for a long time he's available at a premium price. It's all just probably briefed to make the fans think like they are going to do a big move..... which won't happen.

Woody's talking in the summer and before the summer hasn't helped anyones expectations of us in this window either.

Mangala isnt worth £32m, and it seems City paid more than that

Benatia isnt really left footed. Its clear its a big deal.

Cuadrado, At 40m, every club has walked, Barca went and, especially if you have Di Maria (Cuadrado still available mind)

Daley Blind - still open, I have no issue with this unless we actually dont sign him at all.

Huh, zzeezzy, we've been talking about Di Maria for weeks now, its been in the papers for some time, mostly United being pessimistic about the deal? Now PSG are out, different story.

Also we're only ever realistically going to pay super heavy (£30m+) on one player now. Anything else will be a bit cheaper

Barca went and bought Douglas for £6m instead of Cuadrado btw.

TBH mate he aint very reliable.

If you pay enough money you can sign players.

There is no way I would want us to ever pay £32m for Mangala, thats insane.

Even I don't want us to spend that much on Mangala who has got very mixed reviews from Porto fans but that at least shows City have plan and are willing to stick to it. They knew the had a problem there and fixed it instantly.

he isnt that left sided though, which is a big deal. If Agger wasnt a Liverpool player, we'd have been for him too.
Still upgrade on any CBs we have and any CBs playing in the league. That should be enough. If Benatia is playing then we don't need left sided CB also as Blackett can play there.

Considering PSG couldnt close it, you have to recognise its a hard deal.

PSG had problems with FFP, we have problem with convincing player to choose us. Completely different issue.

If you pay enough money you can sign players.

Even I don't want us to spend that much on Mangala who has got very mixed reviews from Porto fans but that at least shows City have plan and are willing to stick to it. They knew the had a problem there and fixed it instantly.

Still upgrade on any CBs we have and any CBs playing in the league. That should be enough. If Benatia is playing then we don't need left sided CB also as Blackett can play there.

PSG had problems with FFP, we have problem with convincing player to choose us. Completely different issue.

Not the point, he wants a player who can play out to the left. He also needs a LB. Benatia is excellent, but cannot play out to the left. The fact that he didnt pick Benatia tells you he isnt ready to have just Blacklett at LB after Shaw. I dont think he sees Benatia like he seems Hummels, because the latter could play as a DM for him too.

Rojo is seriously our best defensive target? We needed a player there who is a leader, Evans/Jones/Smalling pick up injuries every week. Literally when one of them isn't injured, the other is.

Oh and we overpaid for Shaw, both in fee and wages, so you know.. we can't really use that excuse any longer, we're in a desperate situation and have left it until near the end of window, of course we're gonna pay premium prices.

Oh and we overpaid for Shaw, both in fee and wages, so you know.. we can't really use that excuse any longer, we're in a desperate situation and have left it until near the end of window, of course we're gonna pay premium prices.

£27m and £75k for the next 10 years. We really didnt.

Back