The Manchester United Thread

This is amazing - i was genuinely surprised by this. A lot of money seems to have been wasted by Man Utd

View attachment 672445

Yep and money is being wasted in a lot of other scenarios as well. We still have players at United earning high wages having done absolutely nothing for the club for 2 or 3 seasons.

Also not mentioning the obvious transfer signings which haven't lived up to expectation. Really is shambles, when you start seeing these figures you realise that the club is in a big mess, especially considering the current squad looks like it needs another £100m, of investment minimum, to be back competing at the top. .

Yep and money is being wasted in a lot of other scenarios as well. We still have players at United earning high wages having done absolutely nothing for the club for 2 or 3 seasons.

Also not mentioning the obvious transfer signings which haven't lived up to expectation. Really is shambles, when you start seeing these figures you realise that the club is in a big mess, especially considering the current squad looks like it needs another £100m, of investment minimum, to be back competing at the top. .

You see why I complained about losing Gill more last season?

You see why I complained about losing Gill more last season?

Horrific timing, really was. Still argue Fergie was more though, ever since he's gone a shadow has loomed over United.... the Glazers, more than ever, knowing that Fergie's constant success can't be continued with these cretins acting like they are.

What you have here is several years of under-investment, met by a sudden need to reinforce in the last 18 months, led by a CEO who doesnt actually know what he is doing with player transfers.

Horrific timing, really was. Still argue Fergie was more though, ever since he's gone a shadow has loomed over United.... the Glazers, more than ever, knowing that Fergie's constant success can't be continued with these cretins acting like they are.

The Glazers know for their own pockets they need to spend, they've just given the purse to a man child, who looked like he had learned from last year, but perhaps not. Got 2 weeks to prove us wrong.

The Glazers know for their own pockets they need to spend, they've just given the purse to a man child, who looked like he had learned from last year, but perhaps not. Got 2 weeks to prove us wrong.

Yep.... well first... Marcos Rojo.... is he a good signing or more of a B/C-List alternative that will be wasted money and won't be good enough, more points to the latter, but I suppose we have to get behind him and hope.

Not really sure if Marcos Rojo is answer as well, although like Gary Neville has just said on MNF the LCB position is hard to find a genuine top quality player with not many about

Not really sure if Marcos Rojo is answer as well, although like Gary Neville has just said on MNF the LCB position is hard to find a genuine top quality player with not many about

He is an answer, not the answer.

Rojo deal done. £16M + Nani on loan. Will sign a four year deal with option of a fifth. Nani having a medical at Sporting on Wednesday. Should be announced by end of the week.

The people who are saying he's not good enough is because of his marking and positioning. But are also admitting he has great physique, pace, passing. (Pace and physique are more inherited and you can't work on these that much).

Whereas marking and positioning, he's only 24 and give him some good coaching I'd expect that to be a fixable flaw in his game, if it is indeed a big issue at the moment.

The people who are saying he's not good enough is because of his marking and positioning. But are also admitting he has great physique, pace, passing. (Pace and physique are more inherited and you can't work on these that much).

Whereas marking and positioning, he's only 24 and give him some good coaching I'd expect that to be a fixable flaw in his game, if it is indeed a big issue at the moment.

The reason why i worry less about him that you is that LVG is excellent at training the brain. His weaknesses are exactly the flaws that can be coached out by LVG. would be more concerned had he arrived under Moyes

Back