The Manchester United Thread

IMO i know it's rehashing old debates but i still go back to previous transfer activity, instead of rvp and kagawa it should have been a CM and RVP or a CM and kagawa, instead of mata a quality winger, strootman over fellaini, hindsight hey. Also imo a cb should have been signed last summer all our defenders were either aging or injury prone.

Now don't get me wrong mata, kagawa and RVP all quality buys but no balance, could even go back to 09-11 when a CM was not signed because fergie insisted with anderson and then cleverley around 2012 and then when fletch got ill still no new midfielder.

You need to remember it was RVP and Kagawa because Ferguson was ready to get rid of Rooney

RVP was a move we made because he came on market - if he had stayed at Arsenal and wouldn't have come so "cheap". We would have played Kagawa at nr 10 all the time, with Rooney on top.

You need to remember it was RVP and Kagawa because Ferguson was ready to get rid of Rooney

No. It was Kagawa as Fergie wanted to play Kagawa and Rooney then we got positive signs from RVP's camp. You just can't turn down RVP.

It was only during Fergie's last year he had problems with Rooney (yeah apart from 2010 saga). When we signed Kagawa Rooney scored 35 goals in a season, no way Fergie planned for his sale.

No. It was Kagawa as Fergie wanted to play Kagawa and Rooney then we got positive signs from RVP's camp. You just can't turn down RVP.

It was only during Fergie's last year he had problems with Rooney (yeah apart from 2010 saga). When we signed Kagawa Rooney scored 35 goals in a season, no way Fergie planned for his sale.

Actually Ferguson tried to sign Lewandowski at this point too on the quiet, before RVP (we bid 25m, dortmund revealed this when Lewa's deal to bayern was finally done.) He was already preparing for life without Rooney.

Someone posted tweet from MUTV site saying something interesting should be happening tonight, worth a watch!?

Actually Ferguson tried to sign Lewandowski at this point too on the quiet, before RVP (we bid 25m, dortmund revealed this when Lewa's deal to bayern was finally done.) He was already preparing for life without Rooney.

We made bid after we signed RVP.

Ballbags on top form today LOL. Saying Moyes had 300m to spend, and had lined up deals for Kroos,Cesc,Carvalho,Bale,Ronaldo :O

Yeah checked that. We made bid in the same window we signed Kagawa.

I also remember everyone saying the Poland manager was off his rocker. "Why would we want him? We already have Rooney!"

Heh.

That was the original plan, they were supposed to be a double act.

Still not sure on that as Rooney was playing well and just scored 30 plus goals in a season. Maybe it was a long term planning or it was a plan to play Lewandoeski with Rooney.

Back