The Manchester United Thread

I disagree with you completely. Much of City and Chelsea's spending is also funded by the revenues that the clubs earn from substantial sponsorship and tv rights deal. It's completely absurd to say that the money solely comes from Sheikh Mansour's or Roman's pocket

Nonetheless, you are partially right but I still find the point slightly wrong. It's like saying that I spend the money that my dad earned whereas you spend the money that your dad won from the lottery and that somehow makes my spending more 'morally pure'. It's still spending one way or another

Also if you only expect clubs to spend the money that they earn that isn't that exactly what the FFP has done? Widening the gap between the big clubs and small clubs. Because FFP now has made it practically impossible for another Chelsea or City to rise and we will probably see the same few clubs at the top for years to come. Nothing could be more sad tbh. It's why no one wants to buy a club like Aston Villa because they know they simply cannot spend and catch up with the big boys but will have to grow the club organically which will take years and years
You have been on this thread before saying the same rubbish and you were laughed out then as you are again. Money earned is a lot sweeter than money won. We have earned our money from being the best. From winning.

What a horrific concept. If only you were there to advise Portsmouth! Oh..

I was angling it in a way that now you prevent another Chelsea/City from rising who are bankrolled by billionaires ...

You seem to oscillate between United aren't ever going to win a game again without UCL, and United are unbeatable because of FFP. There is a middle ground that doesn't rely on hyperbole, you know?

Jeez nice straw man there .... I essentially said that United will find it harder to attract players without UCL. Undeniably true. Secondly, what i meant by the FFP was that if it was implemented in 2005, then yes you would have seen the EPL slowly become a one team league. I should have made it clearer

I was angling it in a way that now you prevent another Chelsea/City from rising who are bankrolled by billionaires ...

What if one of these so called billionaires leaves the club, what happens then?

Jeez nice straw man there .... I essentially said that United will find it harder to attract players without UCL. Undeniably true. Secondly, what i meant by the FFP was that if it was implemented in 2005, then yes you would have seen the EPL slowly become a one team league. I should have made it clearer

3 of the 4 players (if Di Maria signs) have left CL.

You have been on this thread before saying the same rubbish and you were laughed out then as you are again. Money earned is a lot sweeter than money won. We have earned our money from being the best. From winning.

So first it was, Chelsea and City 'buy' their way to success. Now suddenly it is, we are buying our way to success too **** we do it with money that's more pure. Ha!

Last edited:
One big potential signing to United and the world panics, you know that by now right?

Except if your a Liverpool fan who thinks Sterling is just as good |)

If you look back carefully, I actually was responding to a post by smith123 who said that Chelsea and City fans would criticize United for spending big on Di Maria which is completely absurd because Chelsea/City have done the same. I just found it slightly hypocritical that United fans have spent years criticizing Chelsea/City for buying their way to success despite now going down the same route

3 of the 4 players (if Di Maria signs) have left CL.

Mata was pushed out by his club and had no other suitors. Di Maria is being pushed out by his club and has no other suitors. Anyways let's not start this again, I have made my views abundantly clear on this and it's not the original topic of discussion. United will find it harder to attract players and this is something you yourself have attested to as well

If you look back carefully, I actually was responding to a post by smith123 who said that Chelsea and City fans would criticize United for spending big on Di Maria which is completely absurd because Chelsea/City have done the same. I just found it slightly hypocritical that United fans have spent years criticizing Chelsea/City for buying their way to success despite now going down the same route

It's OUR MONEY, not coming from an owner.... money we have earnt through winning and building the club commercially, our owners (Glazers only take money) your owner Roman has built your club through his millions to get you back to the top... not from what the club has.

Mata was pushed out by his club and had no other suitors. Di Maria is being pushed out by his club and has no other suitors. Anyways let's not start this again, I have made my views abundantly clear on this and it's not the original topic of discussion. United will find it harder to attract players and this is something you yourself have attested to as well

Did you ignore the fact Di Maria could of accepted a contract to stay at Real Madrid.

I wasn't even counting Mata, I was counting Herrera, Rojo + Di Maria.

It's OUR MONEY, not coming from an owner.... money we have earnt through winning and building the club commercially, our owners (Glazers only take money) your owner Roman has built your club through his millions to get you back to the top... not from what the club has.

And I already told you what's that's a ridiculous argument. Something which you never really responded to before regurgitating the exact same things. You are essentially saying that you spend the money that your dad earns while I spend the money that my dad won from the lottery and that somehow makes your spending more pure. It's still spending either way bro. It's still buying your way to success either way

Did you ignore the fact Di Maria could of accepted a contract to stay at Real Madrid.

I wasn't even counting Mata, I was counting Herrera, Rojo + Di Maria.

Oh please, obviously Rojo would leave CL to join United because he was from ******* Sporting Lisbon. Did you really think I meant that players would prefer to go to Celtic over United because of CL. I just merely said that CL would be a factor in every players decision making calculus along with other factors

And I already told you what's that's a ridiculous argument. Something which you never really responded to before regurgitating the exact same things. You are essentially saying that you spend the money that your dad earns while I spend the money that my dad won from the lottery and that somehow makes your spending more pure. It's still spending either way bro. It's still buying your way to success either way

No it isn't.... so if I work to earn the money in my bank-account it's the same as if I didn't work but someone put the money in there for me?

Yeah, it's a shame we couldn't attract any world class players without CL and had to settle for Di Maria and Mata. :(

Anyways I don't want to continue this anymore. I'll just leave this here ...

First it was, Chelsea and City bought their way to success. **** those wannabe's

Now it is, guess what guys, we are buying our way to success too but the difference is that our spending is more pure based on some arbitrary moral standards that we conveniently formulated. Ha!

Anyways I don't want to continue this anymore. I'll just leave this here ...

First it was, Chelsea and City bought their way to success. **** those wannabe's

Now it is, guess what guys, we are buying our way to success too but the difference is that our spending is more pure based on some arbitrary moral standards that we conveniently formulated. Ha!

You don't want to continue something you pointlessly started? Ok good-bye.

Yeah, it's a shame we couldn't attract any world class players without CL and had to settle for Di Maria and Mata. :(

Easy to attract players when you are the only buyer for those players in the market man. I am pretty sure I would have a decent chance with Miranda Kerr if I was the only male in the world

No it isn't.... so if I work to earn the money in my bank-account it's the same as if I didn't work but someone put the money in there for me?

You can't just come up with your own arbitrary moral standards to try and differentiate yourself from everyone else. Yes I know it hurts that you seem to be doing the exact same thing that you criticized Chelsea/City for doing for years. Nothing wrong with it at all

You can't just come up with your own arbitrary moral standards to try and differentiate yourself from everyone else. Yes I know it hurts that you seem to be doing the exact same thing that you criticized Chelsea/City for doing for years. Nothing wrong with it at all

LOOL so when you like to word it how you want to it's fine but when I word it in a more logical way of how your club gets the money it isn't?

Jesus please don't post on this thread again and I won't post on Chelsea's either, that's a fair deal. Anything to stop you posting the nonsense on here.

Back