The Manchester United Thread

I really cant see how this window would be a failure if Di Maria was the last of the signings.

4-3-3

rafael evans jones/rojo shaw

Carrick/Fletcher

herrera di Maria

Mata Januzaj/Rooney

RVP

That looks a lot better for top 4

A couple more CMs and I would think about title challenge, if we keep them fit.

Biggest issue more than anything is injuries.

Also we need to stop refering to Di Maria as just a winger. As great as he is out wide, he's been better both for Benfica and Madrid in the centre.
That team looks incredibly slow and not able to beat a player 1 on 1. Nothing would change, teams would just sit deep and break United on counterattack.

That team looks incredibly slow and not able to beat a player 1 on 1. Nothing would change, teams would just sit deep and break United on counterattack.

Nothing slow about the Full backs, the CMs or Januzaj.

Di Maria, RVP, Januzaj even mata all capable of beating a player one on one.

Team sitting deep would actually play into Uniteds hands with Di Maria and Herrera, as they can pass through mids

Our team does lack pace but the addition of di maria will help massively in that area.

Nothing slow about the Full backs, the CMs or Januzaj.

Di Maria, RVP, Januzaj even mata all capable of beating a player one on one.

Team sitting deep would actually play into Uniteds hands with Di Maria and Herrera, as they can pass through mids

I really don't see it. To be able to dribble someone, you need to isolate 1v1. I doubt RVP would get those chances. Mata might win first step, but he's not the fastest and people catch up easily. That midfield is good, but di Maria would be too far from goal for my liking, like Januzaj last game. Rafael can't dribble, Shaw somewhat can.

I really don't see it. To be able to dribble someone, you need to isolate 1v1. I doubt RVP would get those chances. Mata might win first step, but he's not the fastest and people catch up easily. That midfield is good, but di Maria would be too far from goal for my liking, like Januzaj last game. Rafael can't dribble, Shaw somewhat can.
Di Maria was devasting from CM last season, running from deep picking passes to the front, Running at players and scoring and assisting like a beast in CM.

Full backs dont need to dribble, they do need to be explosive on the overlap. Rafael, Shaw and Rojo are explosive.

Mata made his name destroying players off the flank. Not as slow as people make out by any means

In a 4 -3-3 Di Maria would be the most advanced CM breaking from deep and split passing, Herrera more box to box.

Pace may be an issue, but the reason we're struggling against these teams like Swansea and Sunderland is because we have a weak spine, both in defence, but moreso in front of it, there is no shield, evident when Ki scored.

We desperately need a defensive-minded CM who is actually good enough, Fletcher isn't.

We should be keeping Welbeck too imo. But we'll see

If we can get £20m+ for him, I'm all for it, he won't get much of a look in with Di Maria here. Much rather give Januzaj that time to become something special.

Also James Wilson is coming through as striker.

Pace may be an issue, but the reason we're struggling against these teams like Swansea and Sunderland is because we have a weak spine, both in defence, but moreso in front of it, there is no shield, evident when Ki scored.

We desperately need a defensive-minded CM who is actually good enough, Fletcher isn't.

Good enough and not gutless or a complete passenger in every match he plays in, yes i'm talking about tom.

Don't care who we sell really, if LVG thinks it's right then i'd be fine with even RVP getting sold.

I like danny and he deserves to be at the club over young, cleverley and valencia but he is no world beater but sadly is probably the only striker we have who can run at defenders and stretch a back 4.

Still ideally need that commanding CB type figure as well, no one fears Evans, when he's actually on the pitch, he's constantly picking up niggly injuries anyway, I know I've said it already but it's true.

Back