The Manchester United Thread

Forget CB LVG said he wanted a Left footed CB he got one. CM is a must and 1 more good squad player. And defo need to keep 1 of Welbs or Chica. Job done.

Still ideally need that commanding CB type figure as well, no one fears Evans, when he's actually on the pitch, he's constantly picking up niggly injuries anyway, I know I've said it already but it's true.

Honestly if we consist with this back 3 i'd take vlaar and put jones/evans and rojo with him.

Forget CB LVG said he wanted a Left footed CB he got one. CM is a must and 1 more good squad player. And defo need to keep 1 of Welbs or Chica. Job done.

I wouldn't rule out Benatia just yet, Bayern are baulking at the cost it seems.

I wouldn't rule out Benatia just yet, Bayern are baulking at the cost it seems.

Benatia would be amazing in back four or three, then we could use rojo at left back when needed, plus we are gonna need jones for right back anyway when rafael is out again.

Benatia would be amazing in back four or three, then we could use rojo at left back when needed, plus we are gonna need jones for right back anyway when rafael is out again.

God, no. If this was FM, I'd whole-heartedly agree, but since this is not, I'd be really irritated if Jones was shunted to RB/RWB instead of CB. He's been our best CB now by mile..

Jones considered our best CB, deary me. Some might say he's a poor mans terry who is rash and injury prone.

God, no. If this was FM, I'd whole-heartedly agree, but since this is not, I'd be really irritated if Jones was shunted to RB/RWB instead of CB. He's been our best CB now by mile..

Yeh but can we use Valencia as RB cover again? He's so bad at it, no defensive positional awareness at all.

Jones considered our best CB, deary me. Some might say he's a poor mans terry who is rash and injury prone.
Sorry but Jones will be a beast! And you cant say for sure he is gonna get injured on past seasons. He just makes rash challenges that cause injuries, have seen non of that this season.

Yeh but can we use Valencia as RB cover again? He's so bad at it, no defensive positional awareness at all.

Should have signed clyne back in 2012, great cover for rafael at the time and by now probably be our first choice.

Should have signed clyne back in 2012, great cover for rafael at the time and by now probably be our first choice.

I'm baffled why we haven't promoted our very own Varela who plays RB, would be really good as cover at least, much better than Valencia.

I'm baffled why we haven't promoted our very own Varela who plays RB, would be really good as cover at least, much better than Valencia.
Im not sure tbh. He has trained with 1st team few times. Missed last game Reserves injured.

Sorry but Jones will be a beast! And you cant say for sure he is gonna get injured on past seasons. He just makes rash challenges that cause injuries, have seen non of that this season.

We've only played two poor mid table or less sides and conceded 3, i'll wait until the big games until i start rating him again. A couple of half decent performances isn't going to change my opinion on him yet.

Well I hope Mike and Theatre are right about that. Would still liked more if di Maria was on the wing.

We've only played two poor mid table or less sides and conceded 3, i'll wait until the big games until i start rating him again. A couple of half decent performances isn't going to change my opinion on him yet.
Not half, he has been good in both Neville has said been our best player so far then Blackett. Goals have come from lack of DM/ CM cover. And Valencia jumping under the ball. Nothing to do with CBs.

Wish Wes brown was still here and not injury prone, that lad was awesome when fit and light years better than jones and smalling. If all went well Brown and Evans would have been an awesome partnership.

2008 - Brown, Rio, Vidc and Evra. World ****** class.

Wish Wes brown was still here and not injury prone, that lad was awesome when fit and light years better than jones and smalling. If all went well Brown and Evans would have been an awesome partnership.

2008 - Brown, Rio, Vidc and Evra. World ****** class.

I'd still have Vidic here, we lack that commanding CB.

Well I hope Mike and Theatre are right about that. Would still liked more if di Maria was on the wing.
Honest mate, would not say for sake of it! I watched nearly all there games last season as I do watch nearly all games on TV from any league. Di Maria stats are top 3 in world last season from CM assist wise.

Back