The Manchester United Thread

Blind and carrick/herrera, prepare yourselves city and cheslea. Yaya, cesc, matic and fernandinho will be shaking in their boots.
Stop being so whiny and melodramatic. Especially when Di Maria is a centre mid.

Blind, Herrera, Di Maria is a very strong midfield trio.

Guys didn't LVG say on Friday that by Monday there will be a new group of players in. And Blind, good as he is, is not a group ....

I think he meant he will have changed the group. Anyone coming in after Blind is a bonus, and I dont see it happening.

Young as a LWB is our biggest downfall ATM constantly tries to cut in on his right foot and can't beat a man, at least Valencia can.

Young as a LWB is our biggest downfall ATM constantly tries to cut in on his right foot and can't beat a man, at least Valencia can.

There is a reason why 4 of our 5 signings are left footed.

On a serious note i'd love to see a 4-3-3 from this side and it's not like rvp, rooney and mata all deserve to play or start.

DDG, Rafael, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, Carrick, Herrera, Blind, Di Maria, Rooney/RVP, Januzaj.

On a serious note i'd love to see a 4-3-3 from this side and it's not like rvp, rooney and mata all deserve to play or start.

DDG, Rafael, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, Carrick, Herrera, Blind, Di Maria, Rooney/RVP, Januzaj.

Drop Carrick for Blind as he is some weeks off, Di Maria into CM and Welbeck as an inside forward.

Stop being so whiny and melodramatic. Especially when Di Maria is a centre mid.

Blind, Herrera, Di Maria is a very strong midfield trio.

Again, di Maria as a CM? We'll be depending on him more as a playmaker rather than as a fast, attacking, flair CM. Worked as a CM at Madrid because di MAria had Ronaldo and Bale's pace to overlap with him. He's easily the fastest player here, and if played at CM, it'll be more like trying to use his playmaking skill rather than pace and creativity, since Rooney and RvP can't keep up with it. I'd rather have Mata there, with di Maria on the wings, atleast we'll have the pace and width.

Do you think Blind has been bought so we go to 4-3-3? Or will we stick with 3-5-2 and give it a proper go after International break when hopefully most of our players are available. Including Rojo and his work permit, which is starting to get a bit annoying.

Do you think Blind has been bought so we go to 4-3-3? Or will we stick with 3-5-2 and give it a proper go after International break when hopefully most of our players are available. Including Rojo and his work permit, which is starting to get a bit annoying.

I really, really hope we'll go 4-3-3, get di Maria's pace on the wings, give us width and strike some fear into opponents//

As I said earlier, with slight modifications..
--------------DDG
Rafael--Jones--Rojo--Shaw
--------Blind--------
----Herrera----Mata----
di Maria--------------Januzaj
---------RvP/Rooney

Still would be pretty good, I think..

I really, really hope we'll go 4-3-3, get di Maria's pace on the wings, give us width and strike some fear into opponents//

As I said earlier, with slight modifications..
--------------DDG
Rafael--Jones--Rojo--Shaw
--------Blind--------
----Herrera----Mata----
di Maria--------------Januzaj
---------RvP/Rooney

Still would be pretty good, I think..

Tbf Blind will give us many options in both systems. I thought Di Maria was good as CM today though, didn't realise his passing range was so good either.

Again, di Maria as a CM? We'll be depending on him more as a playmaker rather than as a fast, attacking, flair CM. Worked as a CM at Madrid because di MAria had Ronaldo and Bale's pace to overlap with him. He's easily the fastest player here, and if played at CM, it'll be more like trying to use his playmaking skill rather than pace and creativity, since Rooney and RvP can't keep up with it. I'd rather have Mata there, with di Maria on the wings, atleast we'll have the pace and width.

Di Maria is a great winger, but he is an exceptional CM. Herrera is certainly a playmaker as well. He combines playmaking with direct counters, thats why hes been bought to play there. Even when he was "wide" for Madrid, he was set deep and narrow.

He'd have a bigger impact from CM as he is always part of the play, starting and being part of the finishing move.

Anyone think Mata and Rooney should swap places if you insist on this 3-5-2 lineup?

Back