The Manchester United Thread

I think he will look to protect the defence and see how they grow over the season. If they dont come along as well, he will probably go into the market. But midfield is his priority now, hence Strootman. If he gets him we are almost certainly going 4-3-3, if we havent already

Yeh, shame we couldn't get Hummels but who knows, anything can happen in remaining few days, LVG hasn't ruled out anymore as far as I know.

You get the feeling Woody's on a roll.

Yeh, shame we couldn't get Hummels but who knows, anything can happen in remaining few days, LVG hasn't ruled out anymore as far as I know.

We've hammered him most of the summer, but he has been good the last two weeks. Looks like were are shifting a load of players too, getting decent money. So certainly deserves credit where its due.

Woody really lived up to his word this window that's for sure. Still time yet ;)

We've hammered him most of the summer, but he has been good the last two weeks. Looks like were are shifting a load of players too, getting decent money. So certainly deserves credit where its due.

Yeh, I'd argue we overpaid on a few but that's to be expected in our situation, I'd definitely rather of overpaid slightly and got them, than not.

Just been reading apparently LVG has said that Blind will come for medical tomorrow AND that ONE more player at least will arrive.

How did we play guys, my mate said was a bit of improvement. And Di Maria was good on debut. Also could of had 2 penos?

How did we play guys, my mate said was a bit of improvement. And Di Maria was good on debut. Also could of had 2 penos?

Very slow first half better second. should have 2 pens. Di Maria was good. we need the players back, and more work over the international break

I'd happily give Dortmund our captain, to get theirs.. But then again, I've always kinda felt ****** with Rooney after his contract fiasco and his tantrums, so I maybe biased. But I'd definitely do it..

Very slow first half better second. should have 2 pens. Di Maria was good. we need the players back, and more work over the international break
Not all bad then. Yes players needed back big time, especially WBs Shaw and Rafa.

I'd happily give Dortmund our captain, to get theirs.. But then again, I've always kinda felt ****** with Rooney after his contract fiasco and his tantrums, so I maybe biased. But I'd definitely do it..

Problem is, Hummels is a world-cup winner and super-important player for Dortmund, it would take a miracle to pull it off and I just can't see it.

Wouldn't mind Vlaar's experience and commanding presence, especially in the 3-5-2 of LVG's he was superb. I know it's a but under-whelming but he's also started this season well, I wouldn't rule it out, yet.

Not all bad then. Yes players needed back big time, especially WBs Shaw and Rafa.

WBs were the let down today, weren't particularly impressed with Fletcher but he slightly improved from previous games, there is definite room for optimism as we still are a long way off our best team with all the injuries.

Also Man City lost to Stoke at home, just proves how tough this league is, not making excuses but it's hard enough to win games with full-strength team let alone when you've got 10 players missing or whatever it is.

Also Swansea who we've played seem to be flying atm.

Problem is, Hummels is a world-cup winner and super-important player for Dortmund, it would take a miracle to pull it off and I just can't see it.

Wouldn't mind Vlaar's experience and commanding presence, especially in the 3-5-2 of LVG's he was superb. I know it's a but under-whelming but he's also started this season well, I wouldn't rule it out, yet.

Oh, I know Hummels won't happen, it's just wistful thinking on my part. Vlaar? Naw, I dunno. Short term option, and would be a waste if we go 4-3-3.

Oh, I know Hummels won't happen, it's just wistful thinking on my part. Vlaar? Naw, I dunno. Short term option, and would be a waste if we go 4-3-3.

Yeh but he's not exactly bad either in a 4 back.

I'd still go for Inigo Martinez, said it 1000 times but even though he's relatively young (24 I think) he's got that real aura and presence of leadership about him.

WBs were the let down today, weren't particularly impressed with Fletcher but he slightly improved from previous games, there is definite room for optimism as we still are a long way off our best team with all the injuries.

Also Man City lost to Stoke at home, just proves how tough this league is, not making excuses but it's hard enough to win games with full-strength team let alone when you've got 10 players missing or whatever it is.

Also Swansea who we've played seem to be flying atm.
Good City lost. Hopefully Chelsea slip up to. WBs are key in this system.

I think Martinez is not the answer still very raw and makes a **** of a lot of mistakes! For the price he would cost, could get someone with a bit more experience and solid. A CB or CB would be nice though. Being greedy lol :P

If I were woody, I'd be cheeky and offer cleverly for Vlaar in a straight swap and that e will help pay some of his wages. Short term I know, but he is rock steady for the Dutch and would be for Villa if his defense was were consistent. I'd rather play him than ****** Evans after yet another bad performance from him.

If I were woody, I'd be cheeky and offer cleverly for Vlaar in a straight swap and that e will help pay some of his wages. Short term I know, but he is rock steady for the Dutch and would be for Villa if his defense was were consistent. I'd rather play him than ****** Evans after yet another bad performance from him.

Surprised Valencia isn't Cleverley's destination, considering he sees himself as a player who suits the Spanish game.

Also, I saw Jones was pushed into central defence with Evans playing on the right, does that mean LVG is looking to use jones as our leading/commanding CB? I saw him get pretty pumped up at times today shouting at Evans for poor passes.

Also, I saw Jones was pushed into central defence with Evans playing on the right, does that mean LVG is looking to use jones as our leading/commanding CB? I saw him get pretty pumped up at times today shouting at Evans for poor passes.
Jones as always been LVGs number 1 and is miles ahead of Evans.

Back