The Manchester United Thread

Very surprised that United have beat out City who even sold Negredo to make room for Falcao. Someone is going to be left with only their **** in their hand once the window shuts

Poor defence and a shaky midfield, spends £50 million on a striker.

Cant help but feel after spending 200 million NET in one window, United should be winning the league or getting very very close

I know what you're saying but if you consider the possibility of RVP requiring knee surgery and Welbeck, there is possibility we would need Falcao.

But having said that, you're right there is other weak areas, but I think it's being a tad over-hyped, don't forget we have had many injuries and our first team midfield would be Herrera and Blind or Herrera and Carrick or Herrera and Di Maria. That's one of the top 4 easy IMO.... midfield wise.

I know what you're saying but if you consider the possibility of RVP requiring knee surgery and Welbeck, there is possibility we would need Falcao.

But having said that, you're right there is other weak areas, but I think it's being a tad over-hyped, don't forget we have had many injuries and our first team midfield would be Herrera and Blind or Herrera and Carrick or Herrera and Di Maria. That's one of the top 4 easy IMO.... midfield wise.

If Falcao comes, United should defo be challenging for the title and get Top 3 at least. Anything less would be a massive disappointment

Great attacking midfield, no doubt but defensively that reminds me of Arsenal in the sense of they have a fantastic attacking unit but very little protection for the defence

Im not sure Carrick, Herrera and Blind are reliable as defensive midfielders or not up to the standard of say Chelsea and City's options in that position

Daniel Taylor, Ducker, Ogden all reporting Falcao story now.

Great attacking midfield, no doubt but defensively that reminds me of Arsenal in the sense of they have a fantastic attacking unit but very little protection for the defence

Im not sure Carrick, Herrera and Blind are reliable as defensive midfielders or not up to the standard of say Chelsea and City's options in that position

Yes fair point, who knows though, deadline day, we could pull off someone else, apparently Carvalho is leaving Sporting.. but most likely = Arsenal.

A world-class attacking unit can easily cover up deficiencies in the squad. People were happy to mock Mourinho when he called Chelsea 'little horses' last season despite having no world-class striker and elite central midfielder. LVG has 3 world class strikers if Falcao comes so he has no excuses. He has to be challenging for the title

Yes fair point, who knows though, deadline day, we could pull off someone else, apparently Carvalho is leaving Sporting.. but most likely = Arsenal.

Arsenal need a striker more than anything. I'm baffled by their transfer policy.

Due to the third-party ownership complications and all ... It will be very hard to pull off a Carvalho deal this late into the window

A world-class attacking unit can easily cover up deficiencies in the squad. People were happy to mock Mourinho when he called Chelsea 'little horses' last season despite having no world-class striker and elite central midfielder. LVG has 3 world class strikers if Falcao comes so he has no excuses. He has to be challenging for the title

The problem was never our strikers' finishing :\ The problem is getting the ball to them in the right areas, which wasn't happening.

Back