The Manchester United Thread

Bwfi9pxIcAAP1VY.jpg
woodward_savior.jpg

This is bordering slightly on ridiculousness now ... I can think of a few clubs who could have done the exact same business as United but chose not to because they didn't have reason to. Credit to Woodward for what he did but let's not make him out to be some god or something ...

This is bordering slightly on ridiculousness now ... I can think of a few clubs who could have done the exact same business as United but chose not to because they didn't have reason to. Credit to Woodward for what he did but let's not make him out to be some god or something ...

I think United fans are just over-reacting because it's been so long since we've signed world-class players, especially abroad.

Credit to Woody for pulling off the Rojo deal which was looking impossible at one point in time. Also add the fact that he pulled off the Herrera deal without anyone hearing a squeak as well as the speed with which he got Daley Blind. In the rest of the deals, let's not forget he was aided by pretty much an unlimited budget and had something close to carte blanche in the way he used it to get quality players

I think United fans are just over-reacting because it's been so long since we've signed world-class players, especially abroad.

Haha maybe mate ... I just feel that any competent businessman could have pulled off some of the deals that Woody did considering he was backed with pretty much an unlimited budget although definitely credit goes to Woody for the Rojo, Herrera and Blind deals

Haha maybe mate ... I just feel that any competent businessman could have pulled off some of the deals that Woody did considering he was backed with pretty much an unlimited budget although definitely credit goes to Woody for the Rojo, Herrera and Blind deals

Yeh, I'm happy with this window but I still realise that some of the deals were over-priced and Fabregas should of been pushed for harder over Herrera IMO.

But then again maybe we did, it might just be he wanted London and Chelsea.

Also would of been nice to have a experienced CB, so not perfect.

THe urge of some people to comment on every post in every thread is bit ridiculous. ManUtd fans praising Woodward? Lets do a Geoff Shreeves..

Woodward is a ****** genius. Signed Blind, Di Maria and Falcao in a week. 2 world class players in a week.

THe urge of some people to comment on every post in every thread is bit ridiculous. ManUtd fans praising Woodward? Lets do a Geoff Shreeves..

Woodward is a ****** genius. Signed Blind, Di Maria and Falcao in a week. 2 world class players in a week.

But one could say.. they were there for the taking.

He's only a genius when he signs one who isn't openly available ^.^

Anyway didn't have a scooby-doo that Falcao speaks pretty solid English, was surprised, expected interview in Spanish.

Yeah... god forbid we praise someone who was awful last season(if it was him or moyes' fault is beside the point on this) then goes and manages to sign two world class stars in a week, one of whom was wanted by both Arsenal and City who both have the money and CL to offer him yet managed to get him to sign with United. Pulled of Herrera deal without even a squeak of gossip from all football journos and then signs an important player form Ajax for just 14 mill on transfer day and not to mention the whole saga regarding Rojo. All with no CL to offer any of the 7 players we signed...which all led up to one of, if not the best window we have had in a long long time.

We still need a strong DM but apart from that I don't see how it is unbalanced. If we switch to 4 man defense then we have good cover in all positions.

GK: De Gea, Lindegaard.

RB: Rafael, Valencia
CB: Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Evans, Blackett.
LB: Shaw, Rojo and Blind can play there.

CM/DM: Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini, Di Maria

AM: Mata

Wingers: Januzaj, Di Maria

ST: Rooney, Falcao, RVP, Wilson.

I would say 1 strong DM would solve most of the defensive problems and hopefully Blind can do that.

I don't think that's gonna be a lineup. 4-2-3-1 lacks cover on wings. 3-5-2 lacks cover at CB. I expect it to be 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 or whatever you wanna call it. That's the only formation that has sufficient depth nearly everywhere.

I don't think that's gonna be a lineup. 4-2-3-1 lacks cover on wings. 3-5-2 lacks cover at CB. I expect it to be 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 or whatever you wanna call it. That's the only formation that has sufficient depth nearly everywhere.
I think he was just pointing out the players mate for each possition not that were gonna play that formation :)

But one could say.. they were there for the taking.

He's only a genius when he signs one who isn't openly available ^.^

Anyway didn't have a scooby-doo that Falcao speaks pretty solid English, was surprised, expected interview in Spanish.

How can anyone sign a player who is not available unless player goes on strike?

At least he stood by his word and delivered. He said there will be more than 3 ins and 3 outs this season and there were many. He said we are not worried about breaking records and he broke our and PL record and also spent most money in a single window (By ManUtd).

I for one am happy that instead of improving bank balance he is fully committed to improve the first team.

Cleverley confirmed going to Villa on loan... meh.... we're losing him for nothing then.

Yeah... god forbid we praise someone who was awful last season(if it was him or moyes' fault is beside the point on this) then goes and manages to sign two world class stars in a week, one of whom was wanted by both Arsenal and City who both have the money and CL to offer him yet managed to get him to sign with United. Pulled of Herrera deal without even a squeak of gossip from all football journos and then signs an important player form Ajax for just 14 mill on transfer day and not to mention the whole saga regarding Rojo. All with no CL to offer any of the 7 players we signed...which all led up to one of, if not the best window we have had in a long long time.

Dont think anyone is criticizing you for praising him. Although their is a point from which it descends too much into hyperbole

Back